“The best hotel and best beach!”

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is our 3rd trip here and it just gets better every time. They make you feel like owners, like you are home. The same staff greeted us that were here in the summer and they went above and beyond to make our stay incredible. Nick the front desk manager is a true professional who ensures your stay is fabulous. Our gulf front room has an unbeatable view of the ocean, Pier 60, and the marina. It just doesn't get better than this. The suite is outstanding and the hotel is impeccably maintained with no signs of wear you'd expect from a beachfront hotel. If you ever need anything, you just ask, they will deliver. The service and hotel is truly 5+ star. We are closer to water than any other hotel as I look along the entire coast. We toured some other fine hotels nearby and we were so glad we chose Hyatt. Never crowded, so many sun beds and so beautiful.
We have 2 toddlers so the fully equipped kitchen, the play area in the ground floor lobby, the safety mats by the pool, the conveniences of $20 valet, the juice boxes and champagne at the front desk make this the perfect place for us. The beach is one of the best in the world with a hut that has towels, toys, and ice cream, and cabana rentals for only $25/ day. I feel completely safe crossing a tiny cobblestone road from the Hyatt elevator exit (I can't imagine how this is even mentioned now that I've been here) and we are closer to the shore than any other hotel. There is hardly any cars and it is very very slow and yielding. There is a bike rental also at the Hyatt ground floor elevator exit with 2 or 4 peddle bike carriage rentals for the whole family to ride and safe for toddlers to be buckled in the double basket up front. So fun! There is a gated kids pool fully stocked with toys that is an added bonus, as well as a rooftop hot tub with 360 degree views they love too.
I love that the check in lobby on the ground floor is separate and connected by a grand staircase or elevator to the true grand hall lobby on the 2nd floor. We love to let the kids roam here and it is stunning.
Shor restaurant at the Hyatt is excellent, and Travis was a wonderful server who goes the extra mile. We love the grouper bites, surf and turf, the lobster Mac and cheese, and the blackberry cheesecake, chocolate cake! We also had breakfast room service from here and it is perfection. The fees are in line with any hotel of this class, and they earn every penny here. The food is amazing and Shor restaurant is kid friendly without sacrificing luxury. The Swim bar and restaurant has a tasty grilled chicken and watermelon wrap I love. The calamari is incredible.
We would never stay anywhere else here! Thank you again Hyatt!

Room Tip: The gulf front 2 bedroom is amazing, but I think almost all the views would be great with 180 degree...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your stay. I’m so delighted to hear that every stay you have with us is even better than the last! It is fantastic that you feel so welcomed by the staff and that they went above and beyond to make your stay exceptional. I am pleased that you had such an excellent view of the ocean and marina. It’s great to hear that you find the hotel to be so kid-friendly. All the pool toys are certainly fantastic for the kids. I’m so glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the great food a Shor. The lobster mac & cheese is one of my favorite dishes, too. I hope we can welcome you back again soon for another visit to the lovely Clearwater Beach.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this Hotel and it was another outstanding 3 day break. The Staff is professional & friendly. Our room was immaculate & the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job in cleaning room. Room service and quality of food is execllent. The Suite's are very large and yes this Hotel has a Condo feel. We will certainly return again.

Room Tip: Best Views are Gulf & Pool Review....
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed your spacious room and the great amenities our rooms offer. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team.

We would love to welcome you back and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We debated between this hotel and the Sandpearl and were very happy with our choice to stay at the Hyatt. In the end our decision was based on the fact that there was suite available at the Hyatt on the dates we wanted to travel, but it worked out perfectly. The location was excellent - not only was it on the beach (though across a street), but there were really good restaurants within walking distance.

The room itself was fabulous. We had a one bedroom double queen suite with a view of the gulf and overlooking the pool (which is, strangely, on the 8th floor of the hotel). It had a kitchen, which was really convenient to keep snacks and water and prepare a meal or two instead of having to eat out constantly.

Don't miss the rooftop terrace where there lounging chairs to catch the sun and a hot tub. It was quiet when we were there so it felt like a little oasis.

The only two complaints were structural: the lobby of the property isn't impressive at all as it is on the side of the hotel without a view of the beach, which feel a little bit like a wasted opportunity to impress people as soon as they walk into the hotel. And the pool is surrounded on three sides by the hotel itself, which means that it gets limited sunshine. That would be perfect on extremely hot days, but there was a day or two that was cooler while we were there and we wanted some sun. On the bright side, the pool was the perfect warm temperature, so it was still wonderful. And the beach is right there, so we ended up getting our sunshine.

We did visit Busch Gardens one day (about 40 minutes away) and ventured to Universal in Orlando for another day trip (about 1 1/2 hours away). Both were very easy trips and mixed up the activities from being pure sandcastles and beach walks. It was great.

Speaking of the beach, it was BEAUTIFUL. Powder white sand, shells for the kids to find, dolphins swimming offshore and plenty of room (in early December at least) to spread out, play Frisbee and build sand creations. It was perfect. There was no issue at all with having to cross the street to get to the beach - it was literally within steps.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful, and we would stay there again in a minute. Especially now that it's minus 30 degrees in Minneapolis right now. :)

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the gulf
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura P
HyattGuestRelations, Hyatt Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Laura P,

So glad that you chose the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach for your family escape this winter! Wonderful that you took advantage of our suite rooms with kitchen and fabulous water views. Thank you for sharing that you found our location so convenient for access to the beautiful beaches and well as other attractions in the Tampa area.

We hope to see you again soon!

Julie B--Hyatt Guest Relations

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed here for a conference in November. While checking in, the front desk associate offered me a glass of Champagne and then gave me a two-bedroom apartment with a breathtaking view of the gulf from my large corner balcony! The master bathroom had a separate shower and large soaking tub. It would be perfect for a family or two couples vacationing together. I will definitely return with my husband and two teenagers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Euvites
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4nights and would highly recommend. Staff extremely helpful and friendly, our suite was spotless and HUGE! Location is ideal for the beach and we used the spa- a little pricey but had such a fantastic facial and massage it was worth every penny. Great stay overall- Definitely would recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Ciara36
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful amenities our hotel has to offer. I'm so happy you enjoyed your beautiful room. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team.

We would love to welcome you back and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have recently returned from a stay at the Hyatt Regency and I have to say it was one of the best holiday destinations I have had in a long time and I do a lot of travelling through the year for business and pleasure so I always have many other hotel experiences to compare to and this stay was perfect for my daughter and I celebrating our birthdays, I am sharing a letter that i sent to the Hyatt to thank them for all of their excellent service:

Good morning Atif

I have just arrived back home and wanted to send you a quick thank you for taking care of the parking for our stay and also wanted to make a mention of the quality of service overall for our first stay at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach.

I am privileged to stay at many 4 and 5 star hotels for business and pleasure throughout the year and I have to say as far as service goes your hotel was by far one of my favorites with service at a 5 star level as far as I am concerned.

All of the staff went out of their way from the valet to the front desk to guest request and hospitality during our stay. We had changes every day to one thing or another and everyone was very accommodating to our needs and was very quick to provide whatever we needed and always very quickly as well.

My daughter and I were there celebrating our birthdays and had plans to go our for dinner on my birthday but we ended up being out late doing other fun things and decided to just stay in and have dinner in the suite. My daughter called and spoke to the in room dining manager that evening of the 24th and told her it was my birthday and asked them to do whatever little thing they might be able to do last minute and they "wowed" us beyond what we expected. They brought flowers for the table, they had champagne, 2 complimentary birthday desserts and also managed to make fried oysters especially for a request I had made for my birthday IF we had gone out to a restaurant so they amazed us to even be able to do something off the menu anddefinitely went way out of their way to make my birthday dinner special which was SO very much appreciated.

We also had breakfast every morning at Shor which was excellent each day, I believe we tried one of everything and we were not disappointed once by the food or the service.

I hope you can pass this along to your General Manager and all staff involved in our stay because it made the holiday fabulous even though the weather wasn't so great, the sunshine from the inside made up for the lack of it from the outside.

Thank you again and we look forward to going back in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 bedroom oceanfront suite which we got an amazing "suite special" promo pr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach. I'm so thrilled to hear about the interactions you had with our associates. I'm so happy that they were able to do something special for you. Our associates are instrumental in providing the service you would expect with Hyatt. I will certainly forward all your feedback to the management team.

We would be thrilled to have you back and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

He had a good meeting at the Clearwater Hyatt. The hotel is nice with constant views of dolphins swimming by. Nice facility. We were upgraded to a suite with a full kitchen and two huge bathrooms. The staff was friendly. December weather was in the upper 70's but the breeze made it feel a bit cool on the beach.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach. I'm so delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and the wonderful views that we offer. I'm happy that the front desk was able to upgrade you to a beautiful suite. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team so that they know what a great job our staff did.