“Staff was exceptional - I will go back”

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Staff was exceptional - I will go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I planned a small meeting at the hotel and have to say the staff was exceptional. People were truly friendly, helpful and fantastic to work with. The meeting food was tasty and varied from day to day. The beach views are lovely and the rooms are large and comfortable. Great choice.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor for better views. I had a room on the 9th floor 920 and the downside is the balc...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi Nora M,

Thank you for taking a moment to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. It is great to hear of the high level of service our employees provided during your visit. Hyatt takes great pride with comments such as yours. They will be recognized for exceeding your expectations. I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back on your next getaway to Florida. Your referral is greatly appreciated.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am fairly picky about hotel ratings I admit. This was advertised as a four star but to me it is a solid 3. The room was huge with fully stocked kitchen and fairly comfortable bed. Mattress was a bit old and carpet was ripped. Chair was stained but the ocean view was amazing. Huge private balcony was great place for morning coffee and staff very very helpful And friendly with exception of bar/ restaurant staff who were slow and apathetic. I recommend skipping the hotel food with plenty of great options within short wAlk. Overall pretty good but a bit dated.

Room Tip: Ask for suite with straight view of ocean rather than side view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I just want to thank the hotel's staff for the wonderful service from the concierge, to the front desk area and specially the maids. They helped me book a charter boat, Universal Studios, and Bush gardens for my family and coming back to a clean and wonderfully huge 2 bedroom suite was very appreciated...Keep up the good work, it shows!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank MelissaDenno
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi MelissaDenno,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear how well our two bedroom suite worked for your family's travel needs. Our employees will be recognized for the excellent service you experienced. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Weeki Wachee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We attended the Superboat races and wanted to stay at a hotel where we could view them from a hotel that accepted our VIP passes. We chose to stay at the Hyatt and we made an excellent choice. Our room was on the 9th floor over looking the pool on the 8th floor and the Gulf of Mexico. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms are waterfront however some are on the south side and north side but if you want to actual...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi lovetotravel0075,

Thank you for going out of your way to comment on your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the spectacular views our hotel and guestrooms offer. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the Clearwater area.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I had a two night stay in a beautiful suite on the 17th floor to celebrate his birthday. Many hotel rooms only provide you with limited seating in the way of a single chair but if you opt for a suite, you get a couch. When we decided to book a room at this hotel, we were so happy to see that you can get a suite for a great price all of the sitting room you need. The hotel service on a whole was excellent! We absolutely love, love the music piping through the hotel. Keep that up! The check-in staff was very courteous and helpful!

There was one small drawback regarding the room and that's the air conditioning system which clicks on and off frequently and is a bit loud. I'm a light sleeper and always travel with ear plugs, so I was able to sleep pretty good with them.

So, we ate lunch at the outdoor restaurant by the pool which was absolutely delicious! Awesome view of the beach. The weather was gorgeous and we could have stayed up there all day!
We decided to go to the beach a little later and rented one of the pop up canopies which was nice.

Later that night, Priscilla, one of the managers talked to us for a little while as we ordered drinks at the bar on the second floor. We asked her for suggestions of area restaurants and she was so very nice, offering suggestions of places we may want to try. She also offered us a later check out time than we had and that was great! Priscilla, you rock! By the way, our bartender Rob made us some fabulous drinks!

On our last day, we had breakfast in the dining room and I can't say enough about the service and delicious food! Our wait staff was very attentive and didn't miss a beat to get what we needed.

We will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room with views of the bay and beach. Beautiful!
Green Features: The hotel on a whole is very clean and the staff is friendly and very helpful. The concierge, Dante offered assistance with area activities. Thanks for all your help Dante.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moveova33
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Greeting Moveova33,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Clear water Beach Resort and Spa. We are thrilled you and your husband were able to enjoy and great relaxing birthday together. We will be sure to recognize our staff member for the fabulous job they did with making it a exciting celebration. I do apologize for the A/C unit being a bit loud and I will definitely send that comment to my executive management to review and to ensure future guests do not experience the same challenge. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed other amenities our hotel has to offer such as our food and beverage outlets. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Clearwater.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

If you travel a lot, you know the difference between different stars. This is a solid 3.5 hotel.

Desk, restaurant, bar, and parking staff are excellent. Housekeeping and beach staff where you check out towel are so-so.

Quiet room, good a/c, everything worked well (plumbing, lights, door key, etc).

Excellent internet service (Resort fee covers it)

One of the best fitness centers encountered with everything working like new.

Great pool and the pool bar is very friendly and capable. But, while the restaurant is very attractive and inviting, the bars are pretty lean on anything like inviting place to gather with friends. Skimmers Bar is in an entryway lobby kind of area at entrance to Shor restaurant and not kind of place that feels comfortable to gather with friends for a while. You can sit outside, but cool wind and rain would make that impossible. People passing back and forth to restaurant makes it feel like an airport quick grab and go place. I really expect more plush and inviting place in a vacation resort.

There is no gift shop with pharma stuff, newspapers, books, and all the usual stuff to buy for taking back home. That was very odd and I've never seen a hotel without such a shop very near elevators, restaurants and bars. I asked the concierge and was told no papers or books for sale and pointed down street to Walgreens. There is a facility across the street where you check out towels and can purchase some kinds of beach stuff. But, it is not convenient nor at all stocked with the usual fare.

Nickel and dime customers with resort fee and parking. I know parking is the trend everywhere so not unexpected. But, there is nothing here to justify resort fee. Couple little bottles of water a day, internet service, and towels for beach and pool for hefty fee. The beach is public and you must pay 25 a day for umbrella or cabana and many people come from outside hotel and use them free leaving you with few choices. I encountered several folks at the terrace patio on 16th floor who just crashed in from outside hotel - not hotel guests. The parking garage does not feel quite safe as anybody can park there from the street and these people go into hotel and that makes me nervous with my family. I'd recommend single women or elderly consider the extra cost of valet parking as this is wide open parking facility. But, I did see couple security folks walking up ramps in the garage so there is some presence. I also saw couple very sketchy guys hanging around sitting on the hood of a car on the 4th floor beach side in garage! The guys were not dressed as though hotel staff and why be sitting on hood in parking garage if they did work there.

Odd welcome at front desk as they seem to want you to check in at kiosk and one has questions and sees four desk staff just standing behind little podiums with no other guests. Very odd. Then some other guests arrive and staff jumps quick to offer champagne along with some kind of windscreen cardboard screen and does not offer to me. That was very uncomfortable.

There was some kind of big conference type event on second floor while we were there and it appears this hotel is more a conference hotel than a resort. Frankly, other than having a beach across the road from the hotel and a spa where one can spend 100 or so bucks for a massage, nails or whatever; there is nothing here like any resort I've seen.

I still have a 150.00 pending credit card charge on my bill four days after checkout that should only be 48.00 for three days parking. That will take a phone call to clear up. And there was an odd charge for Shor breakfast when we ate at Beach Shanty across street I found on an email bill after returning home. A call to hotel and they could not find the check record and canceled the charge. But, such is just sloppy as these kind of details take time to resolve and could often just slip through as extra charge to customer.

Views from pool on 8th floor pool area and 16th floor patio are stunning, especially in the evening. Also, all the rooms seem to have some kind of good views of ocean or inland water. There are staff constantly cleaning and spraying to fight mildew and such in the patio area and pool area so none of the usual beach crud on structures, planters and such.

While this hotel has a lot to offer, it was not worth the premium price and it did not at all feel like a resort and spa. Yes, it is big! It dominates the view as one drives west on 60 approaching the beach. And it is impressive structure. But, if you travel seldom and big and generally clean impresses, this is good choice. But, for the money, and the promise of high rating, look elsewhere. It does not match the usual Hyatt standard to me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Retiredtraveler661
Carmel, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed here for 4 nights and I have to say this hotel was awesome we had a two bedroom suite and the view was WOW. This hotel is walking distance to everywhere. The staff at hotel is second to NONE, they treated us as if we were the president every need was accommodated with a smile, Kathy at beach hut to Rob and Katie in the lounge and every one else made our stay priceless. Thank You The Rees Family

Room Tip: The 1200sqft 2 bedroom suite have the best view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mlrees1968
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear mlrees1968,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear how much your family enjoyed your time as our guests. Our two bedroom suites are perfect for families traveling needing extra space and a bit of privacy. Kathy, Rob & Katie will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the Clearwater area.