“This hotel is a must for anyone.”

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
“This hotel is a must for anyone.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Have just finished a week long stay at this hotel during a 3 week break. I can only say it was superb the staff are great and really friendly and very attentive.

The food at the Shor restaurant is really good and the selection on the menu covers something for every taste.

Would come back again any day.

• Stayed July 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback and your recommendation. It is our biggest compliment. I am so happy to hear that you found the staff to be superb and the food at Shor to be excellent. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

we have visited many Hyatts over our years of travelling and this was my least favourite, but it was still an excellent hotel! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, they even upgraded us to a suit which was a bonus. The view over the sea is great however the hotel lacks atmosphere and there's not much to do, facilities are limited but you don't really need it when the beach is on your doorstep. If you enjoy beach holidays then the Hyatt is the best hotel for you at Clearwater but me and my family will not be returning as we prefer more lively places full of atmosphere such as Orlando which is only a few hours away! No disappointing features of the hotel though.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

My Husband and I had the Pleasure of spending a week at this Wonderful Gulf Front Resort in Sept-Oct during the Super Boat Races. We were delighted with our experience from the moment we walked in the front door. The Resort is casually elegant with it's oversized windows open to the gulf, tropical palms, gentle breeze flowing through the building and its inviting oversized lounge chairs. Attention is paid to every detail at the Hyatt, where the staff is helpful and courteous and even the long hallways smell fresh and tropical. Our room was spectacular with one King Bed, A Full Kitchen with Stainless Full-Size Appliances and an outdoor patio with a view of the Gulf of Mexico, the Beach and the Pier. The Bathroom was Large and lovely with a Separate Dressing Table and Nice Full Sized closets. We enjoyed dining at the Shor Grill where we had lunch on the patio with our brothers overlooking the Gulf and sharing Calamari, Blue Crab Cakes and Gulf Grouper. The pool side Cabanas offer a perfect option for inviting friends and family to share the day at the Hyatt's oversized tropical pool, we enjoyed sharing the hotel and pool with our family and friends. We had a wonderful week at the Hyatt, so much so that we hated to leave!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach for your stay. It is such a pleasure to hear that you found the property to be beautifully appointed and the location to be perfect. It sounds like you really enjoyed your guest room and found it to be well appointed. I am pleased you were able to experience the terrific food at Shor. Your feedback and recommendation are our biggest compliment. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel brings you to Clearwater!

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our 4-night stay was so wonderful, it's hard to know where to start. The room (#807) was large, clean, and very quiet even though it was on the same floor as the entrance to the pool and pool bar. We (my 80-year old mother and I) had a deluxe room with a view of the gulf. 2 queen beds, a small balcony with table and chairs, kitchen w full-size appliances (oven, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher), and a large bathroom with double sinks. As pleasant as the room was, that's not what made our stay so special--it was the staff and the world-class service. Everyone was cheerful, helpful, and sincerely interested in ensuring we enjoyed our stay. They all seemed to like their jobs--which has a positive effect on the entire hotel atmosphere. Concierge, front desk, restaurant, spa, and housekeeping staff exemplified what a professional hospitality staff should be like. The breakfast at the Shor restaurant a bit pricey, but it was certainly worth it. Dinners were also excellent--unexpected for a chain hotel. The views from the restaurant looking out over the Gulf at sunset just added to the experience. The Spa is worth checking out, too--it's a beautiful, restful space with attentive staff. As others has noted, there's a $25/day resort fee, plus room taxes, plus $16/day for garage parking. I would have been annoyed if I hadn't found out about these fees until check-out, but I was forewarned and not surprised. And the beach here is fantastic--right outside the rear entrance and across a small street.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper level for better views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Your kind words are our greatly appreciated. I am so happy to hear that you and your mother had an outstanding experience at our resort. It sounds like you found your room to be very comfortable and well appointed. I am delighted you found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Our staff takes great pride in the work and wants to ensure our guests have everything they need to make for a memorable experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. I hope we can welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach in the future!

Neenah, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights over spring break after a cruise. (it's taken me awhile to write this review) We were in an oceanfront room which also overlooked the pool. (which surprised me how quiet the room was) The hotel room very large with plenty of space for a family of 4. The full size appliances/kitchen was great although we didn't cook a meal there. We thought the location of the hotel was great--close to the pier so we could walk down there at night and plenty of restaurant options nearby. The beach chairs/umbrellas in front of the hotel were convenient and reasonably priced. The washer/dryer on our floor was awesome--a benefit we took advantage of. I thought the price of the room was high for what we got.....I know spring break had a lot to do with it. Another negative was the speed of the elevator doors. The elevator door actually closed on my arm while I there.(which really hurt) I reported it and they said they would slow it down....not sure if that ever happened. Overall a very nice stay at a beautiful hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WELOVE2TRAVL4FUN
Istanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a fantastic room with the most amazing view! We stayed in a corner 2 bed 2 bathroom apartment on the 15th floor. There were views from three sides, gulf, beach, marina and boats. From the bed in the master bedroom we sat watching the water. The master bathroom was huge. Nicely equipped kitchen with everything we needed. Everything was so perfect we just ordered room service since no restaurant could offer a better environment or view. The food was prompt and very good. The wine list was surprisingly affordable with variety and tasty options. Overall this was a great experience. The only criticism is we had to go to the pool bar for service after several waitresses walked by without offering service--no they were not busy. Otherwise this hotel was terrific.

Room Tip: The apartment set up of the hotel rooms make this a good opportunity for a romantic weekend. Plenty...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grantm04
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I am so happy to hear that you had such a memorable experience at our property. It sounds like you really enjoyed your room finding it to be well appointed and the view to be spectacular. I apologize the pool bar service was less than ideal. I have shared your comments with our management team so we can make sure future guests do not have the same experience in service. Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughtful feedback. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spend the 4th July week at this hotel. This hotel is very strategically located on the beach. We reached there in the afternoon around 2 hours before the check-in time but were allowed to check-in without any hassles. I am a platinum member and was upgraded from a deluxe king room to one bedroom suite which was a good surprise for me and they also waived the resort fee as I was using my points to stay. The room was very spacious, had a fully equipped kitchen with convection oven as well. The bath were neat and clean and one on the master had a separate shower and the toilet had its own gate which was a good feature. They provided towels at the beach and pool which was a good service so that you don't need to carry beach towels! Pool was good as well and my kids enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the fireworks from the sky terrace which was amazing. The only drawback I would say is the parking fee. It should be free at least for hotel guests!

But on the whole a very good vacation!!

Room Tip: If you want a good sea view and sunset from your patio, ask for rooms on the north side!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank priy
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear priy,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. I am glad our employees could assist with making this your best vacation getaway. It's great to hear how you were able to relax either pool side or at the beach. The fireworks were amazing during the 4th of July holiday this year! It will be our pleasure to welcome your family for another holiday vacation!

Safe travels,