“Location, location, location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Worth
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Not only was this hotel in the middle of everything so you could walk, but it was beautiful and the staff was wonderful. They had some larger suites that weren't booked and offered us an upgrade for free. I was worried about the beach being "across the street" but this was no problem at all. Plus they have umbrellas and little cabanas with chairs to rent that you can put on your room. Just $25 for the whole day to have shade and a windbreak. And the surf store next door has a convenience store in it for snacks.

4 Thank Jane D
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
It is always great to hear when our guests have a fabulous stay at our resort. I really appreciate your kind words regarding our property and the staff. We have a great location and a terrific staff. Thank you for choosing our resort on your recent visit to Clearwater. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just stayed at the Hyatt after a weekend in Orlando. The weather was cold and windy but the hotel was excellent with great service from front desk to housekeeping. I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom which was very nice and included wifi and breakfast. It always irritates me to pay those rates and then have to pay for wifi as well. Anyway, if I had to find something to complain about, the towels needed to be replaced since they felt about as thick as hospital towels. Little things matter! Overall, this hotel keeps me coming back to the Hyatt brand despite the premium price.

2 Thank NMdoc87401
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our resort. I’m thrilled that you had a great stay and found the staff to be amazing. Our staff prides themselves on creating a memorable experience for our guests. I’ll be sure to share your comments regarding the towels with our housekeeping manager. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We look forward to your return in the future!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend conference. LOvED the room. Plenary of room for my family of 4 and a mini kitchen w/ everything we needed. Across the street from the pristine beach, a short walk to Frenchys (fantastic casual dining) and a quick drive to Publix for snacks and drinks to fill our fridge with. I've decided to go back for my birthday and stay longer!! The views from almost any room are truly beautiful. Either the gulf or the bay/city, I'd appreciate either. Very friendly staff, great bar service.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank labcoatwearer
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We chose this hotel for our Girls Weekend to celebrate our mom's 80th birthday and the one-bedroom suite was large and comfortable with two big, luxurious bathrooms and two balconies that offered views of the beach and the bay -- sunrise and sunset views, just gorgeous.

Shortly after we checked in the front desk sent champagne, strawberries and chocolate up along with a card -- Mom was delighted. Our whole stay was like that: the staff was smiling, friendly and helpful, from the doorman to the desk staff to housekeeping to the barista at the Starbucks. we were really made to feel at home.

The one-bedroom suite was perfect, big enough for four of us and we were able to celebrate with family who live nearby. The granite-and-steel kitchen is very nice and the bathrooms were really super -- plenty of room, perfect for a family. The pool area was clean and beautiful -- loved the tumbled marble floor -- and again, the service was warm and friendly. The pool is on the 8th floor and overlooks the public beach, very private and nice.

Room Tip: Seems like the higher the better in terms of getting a nice view.
1 Thank Chris76828970
I’m thrilled that your mother’s 80th birthday celebration was a success. It’s great to hear you found your one bedroom suite very spacious and well appointed. All of our rooms at our resort have fully equipped kitchens and balconies. I’m glad you enjoyed the service and found the staff to be very accommodating. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa for your mother’s birthday celebration!

Brooklyn
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for 6 nights in a Gulf Front 1 bedroom suit because I called ahead to request one of their premium rooms with a great view. I was given a room on the top floor on the north side facing the gulf, but half of the view is blocked and there were many other rooms available for less that have a true front view. My fault for not doing more research but do not trust room photos on the website.

The room itself was huge, but much of the space is wasted. There are two bathrooms, a separate dining room, large living room, bedroom, plus terrace that faces the gulf and north. There are no windows that face the gulf which is something that was not well communicated about when calling to ask about the rooms. The space is comfortable and kitchen is nice, but for the price and size, the amenities were not very nice. Chairs were so-so and bed was lumpy. The bed comforter had a stain on it that was promptly changed when I informed room service.

Kitchen appliances are very basic. I was interested in staying at the Hyatt because of the kitchen since my wife is pregnant and I wanted to make some simple healthy lunches during our stay. There is no oven, but there is a convection oven/microwave that seems to max out at 320 degrees after 5 minutes. There is a range with 2 electric heaters that work well and is great for frying or boiling water, but not much else. A toaster was included and there is a dishwasher. I had called ahead to ask if a DVD player was available since my wife is not interested in any nightlife and was told we would have one on arrival. After getting there they said it was not available and I was out of luck. I was hoping to watch a series on our vacation since the TV is lacking, but again this is my fault for expecting too much from a Hyatt and really was not an issue with the hotel itself.

The pool is nice and was clean. There is a small gym, but was quiet when we went there so it worked out well with several cardio machines and free weights. We had a massage at the spa that was fantastic, and the only part that seemed of resort quality.

The beach itself is beautiful and sand is fine. Great place for a vacation, but go when there is a deal. Staff was polite and very friendly.

Room Tip: There are many categories of rooms and they are not clear to me which one is the best. I think sout...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adventurous h
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My adult daughter and I recently stayed at this property. We were fortunate to get accommodations because it was the beginning of Spring Break. We had a one room suite, which was wonderful. The balcony was spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Our suite overlooked the pool with a partial view of the Gulf of Mexico (beach). This hotel property is in a fantastic location on Clearwater Beach. You only have to walk across the street to be on the white, sugar-sand beach. There is a generous, beautiful hotel pool that overlooks the beach, which is above the traffic and noise. Our one room suite price was comparable to some of the single room prices on the beach during high season so we felt we had good value in that regard -- but all beach hotels are somewhat pricey during high season so budget accordingly. Wi-fi was an extra charge in our room, which we found disappointing. We had room service and the food was delicious, but somewhat expensive. Still, we didn't mind because we enjoyed the convenience and we had great dining views. Our accommodations were clean, attractive, spacious, and quiet. The technology in the room (cable, phones, Wi-fi) all operated nicely, and the movie selection (on demand cable) was outstanding. There are many attractions and restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel, and the hotel offers on-site parking. It's centrally located on one of the best parts of Clearwater beach and the area is very safe -- use good judgment when swimming in the Gulf though and don't let your children swim unattended. This hotel appeared to be singles-safe, couples friendly, and it accommodates families. Its public areas seem oriented to the business traveler or adults without small children, but that is only my impression. A suggestion to the hotel would be that the reception area appears somewhat stark on first impressions despite the friendly service -- a few palms or something to soften it and remind arriving visitors they are in Florida would have been appreciated. Having said that, the check-in service at the reception desk was fantastic. Finally, I forgot my coat in our room closet on checkout. I returned a few days later to inquire about it and the hotel had it waiting for me. Great service and honest house staff. Thank you!

Room Tip: The rooms directly facing the beach offer the best views of the beach, but most rooms have at least...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa. It gives me great pride in reading your kind comments about our facilities and staff. I would also like to thank you for providing such a great suggestion to help brighten up our lobby. Ill be sure to forward your comments to the executive management team for follow-up. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! - Ryan
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Spent a week at the Hyatt Regency in early January for a little break from the winter doldrums in Maryland. My husband, three children and I had a wonderful time. The hotel is perfectly appointed with very nice suites, a beautiful pool and poolside bar and incredible restaurant, Shor.
The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful and the beach with talcum powder like sand, was perfect. We will recommend this hotel and definitely return in the not too distant future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank komo5
We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to write such a kind review of Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa. I am so happy to hear you were able to take full advantage of our amenities while enjoying the warm weather. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! - Ryan