“Enjoyable Stay and Friendly Service”

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My adult daughter and I recently stayed at this property. We were fortunate to get accommodations because it was the beginning of Spring Break. We had a one room suite, which was wonderful. The balcony was spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Our suite overlooked the pool with a partial view of the Gulf of Mexico (beach). This hotel property is in a fantastic location on Clearwater Beach. You only have to walk across the street to be on the white, sugar-sand beach. There is a generous, beautiful hotel pool that overlooks the beach, which is above the traffic and noise. Our one room suite price was comparable to some of the single room prices on the beach during high season so we felt we had good value in that regard -- but all beach hotels are somewhat pricey during high season so budget accordingly. Wi-fi was an extra charge in our room, which we found disappointing. We had room service and the food was delicious, but somewhat expensive. Still, we didn't mind because we enjoyed the convenience and we had great dining views. Our accommodations were clean, attractive, spacious, and quiet. The technology in the room (cable, phones, Wi-fi) all operated nicely, and the movie selection (on demand cable) was outstanding. There are many attractions and restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel, and the hotel offers on-site parking. It's centrally located on one of the best parts of Clearwater beach and the area is very safe -- use good judgment when swimming in the Gulf though and don't let your children swim unattended. This hotel appeared to be singles-safe, couples friendly, and it accommodates families. Its public areas seem oriented to the business traveler or adults without small children, but that is only my impression. A suggestion to the hotel would be that the reception area appears somewhat stark on first impressions despite the friendly service -- a few palms or something to soften it and remind arriving visitors they are in Florida would have been appreciated. Having said that, the check-in service at the reception desk was fantastic. Finally, I forgot my coat in our room closet on checkout. I returned a few days later to inquire about it and the hotel had it waiting for me. Great service and honest house staff. Thank you!

Room Tip: The rooms directly facing the beach offer the best views of the beach, but most rooms have at least...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa. It gives me great pride in reading your kind comments about our facilities and staff. I would also like to thank you for providing such a great suggestion to help brighten up our lobby. Ill be sure to forward your comments to the executive management team for follow-up. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! - Ryan

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Spent a week at the Hyatt Regency in early January for a little break from the winter doldrums in Maryland. My husband, three children and I had a wonderful time. The hotel is perfectly appointed with very nice suites, a beautiful pool and poolside bar and incredible restaurant, Shor.
The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful and the beach with talcum powder like sand, was perfect. We will recommend this hotel and definitely return in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank komo5

We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to write such a kind review of Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa. I am so happy to hear you were able to take full advantage of our amenities while enjoying the warm weather. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! - Ryan

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I normally stay at the Sand Pearl Resort yearly, but thus year decided to spend 7 nights at the Hyatt Clearwater Beach. Altough the hotel has many good points, such as location and size of rooms, we felt they did a marginal job of cleaning the rooms. We also did not find the staff very accomadating when dealing with almost 24 hours of no water in the hotel, no showers, no toilet flushing. The $100 credit did very little to satisfy what we went through given the price we paid for our stay. Next year we will be at a different location in Clearwater Beach.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bernard s
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Yes I swore I would never voluntarily stay at a Hyatt ever again. This stay was booked by my company for a national conference thus I was subjected to their travel demands. This may have turn into a benefit for the Hyatt as it may have restored my faith in the Hyatt name.

Unlike their Miami counterpart, the Clearwater Hyatt was clean and well maintained from top to bottom. The front desk and wait staff was all smiles and very helpful not just with me but also with other guests that I saw them interacting with. Kudos and thanks to the banquet staff for being there at every beckon with a smile and keeping everything tidy and on time. Even the soup pourers (which may have been managers?) delivered a smile and touch of class.

The rooms – oh my dear lord the rooms are great. There are a variety of room types, sizes, and amenities to choose from as I got to see and hear from colleagues. The consensus across the board was they’re all huge, comfortable, and have full-sized refrigerators and balconies. My only complaint about the rooms: put a light in the closet. The closet doors blocked the lights from the hallway making it difficult to see inside my suitcase at times

What good would a review be without mentioning the culinary delights? Some of the food was incredibly delectable but others did not meet my personal standards. The majority of our dining was done buffet style for our team of 100+ so some of the following items of note may not appear on a regular menu.
• White cheddar and broccoli soup – holy cow! This was probably one of the best things we ate all week here. I wish that was available at every meal.
• Tomato and Bean Soup – horrible. Compounding its miserable taste was it contained chicken, an ingredient unlisted on the display placard, which for the majority of items was spot on. I am hardly the complaining vegetarian but I have a friend that would have appreciated more truth in labeling.
• Short Rib Southwestern Rap – spectacular! For lunch one day there was a variety of sandwiches and this beefy, saucy wrap was flavorful and tender. It definitely was worthy of a return trip to the line and I almost wish I could have ordered it every day.
• Breakfast – the eggs were just okay but the hash browns were consistently greasy and undercooked each day. I know I prefer my potatoes more crispy than others because these just seemed soggy every day. I did not ask for a special batch of my own browns but something tells me if I had the staff would have delivered.

Finally, this Hyatt misses the target of that fifth star for a few reasons.
• If you’re going to charge $17 for a14-year-old single malt, at least have the courtesy to pour a little more than the ‘regulated’ 1.5oz. Maybe the new phrase for ‘going the extra mile’ should be ‘pouring the extra ounce.’ Run with that if you wish.
• I couldn’t find the channel guide in the room but after two laps of flipping there was no AMC. C’mon Hyatt, how am I supposed to watch “Walking Dead?” Petty I know but still a minor factor.
• Find a way to make the AC fan quieter. The low setting was still a roar and was not pleasant to fall asleep to although still better than the hum of appliances or a neighbor’s television.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for 6 days in February-March 2013. Can't wait to come back! Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The Shor restaurant (located at the hotel) was phenomenal! We stayed on the 12th floor on the South side of the hotel & had the best views of both the Inter Coastal waterway & the Gulf of Mexico! The room was exquisite with a full kitchen with granite counter tops.

CC, Utica, NY

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side has views of both the Gulf of Mexico and the Inter Coastal water way.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn C
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our wonderful views and the kitchen in your room. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. - Ryan F. Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Running water was out for an entire day. No toilets. No showers. And at the most expensive hotel in Clearwater Beach. No one offered to comp our night. But free wine from 3 to 6! Woo hoo! Hoping we have water tomorrow but heck no guarantees.

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank Beth D
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

With Hyatt's reputation, we are expecting a great vacation and comfortable stay. Unfortunately, we got the unseasonable cold weather which we cannot control. And we got up this morning without water to shower nor water to blush the toilet. Totally Disgusting. Not a word of apology from the crew when we checked out.
The words are " how is everything other than the water issue. "
I think the least that Hyatt should do is to compensate all guests for that night March 3rd to 4th). Over 12 hours without water.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank FrankieDeepak
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I’m sorry to hear that the last night of your stay was less than ideal. Please accept our sincerest apologies. I am pleased that I was able to reach out to you to discuss your recent experience. Please know that this was an unforeseen incident. I hope that we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate