“Really nice beachfront resort!”

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Really nice beachfront resort!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We just spent 3 nights at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach and had a really nice stay. The property features all of the typical brand benefits of staying at a Hyatt with the added bonus of a full kitchen in each suite. The location is ideal directly on the beach walk but far enough from some of the noisy surrounding bars so as to be relaxing. Horseshoe shape of the resort offers really nice views up and up and down the coast as well as directly West across the open water of the Gulf so there are plenty of opportunities to get a "view room". It is unfortunate that so many properties have opted to tack-on a "resort fee" but, like the airlines, this is simply a way to advertise a cheaper room rate. Think of your room as costing $25 more per night and you won't be depressed when the fee is assessed! Internet, towels, fitness club and pool access and daily bottled water in the room are some of the value-added items that are attributed to the resort fee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank david_patridge
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa. I’m delighted that you found the property to be well appointed and the location to be ideal. All of our spacious guestrooms include fully equipped kitchens and have balconies that offer great views of the Gulf. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic staff with a very high attention to service. I would highly recommend this hotel for your business meeting in Clearwater. Everyone in my group raved about the rooms as well. It's right on the beach, which was beautiful.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank BenGlassLaw
Your kind words are greatly appreciated. It’s great to read that you found the staff to be fantastic and the level of service to be top notch. I’m thrilled your business meeting was a success. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Bay Village, Ohio
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was here for a five day meeting. Great views, right on the beach. The "meeting food" was the best I have ever had--fresh, intersting, great variety. The one night I ate in the Shor restaurant it was fabulous. The staff at the hotel were all extremely gracious. I would highly recommend this hotel for meetings or for vacations. The off-season rates were very reasonable.
The housekeeping was a bit lax. One of our group was left without a rubber bath mat and slipped and broke her wrist. The bathtubs are high and deep and without grab bars, hard to get in and out of and slippery. There were pretzel crumbs in the hallway for three days before they were cleaned up. But the overall experience was great and I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah60968
Herndon, VA
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed for two nights in Dec. This hotel is all about location. It is right along the beach and all the windows have beautiful views. The rooms are clean, large, comfortable and have good thermostat temp control. Our room had a full kitchen area and there is a convenience store section in the shop next door. The trolley stop is right outside. Staff were all friendly and helpful. I really liked that they have recycle bins in the room for all my water bottles. There were a few minor things I didn't like. The shower had a very high tub wall, so it felt slippery for me to get in and out. Our door bottom gap allowed in a lot of hallway light, so the room never got truly dark. We did enjoyed eating at the restaurant and seating in the bar area with views of the water. They also serve Starbucks products, (although it was broken while we were there). Overall, I was very happy with our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank trav16
Midland, Michigan, United States
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a great trip. We wanted to be near Tampa for the Outback Bowl, but also on the beach. The two most notable things were the staff and the location.

First, every time we passed by a staff member they smiled and asked if I was/we were enjoying our stay. If we were walking in the same direction, they engaged in conversation and were always ready with a smile. There was no pressure when we decided to self-park instead of using valet service, and on our last morning, when we called for a late checkout, it was no problem.

Second -- the location is great. There's a little bit less on the island than we expected, but overall it is great. White sand beaches, restaurants, and marvelous views. We were within walking distance of all of the above. The pool is nice, and the towel service and beach shades are well managed.

It felt a little spendy, but not too far out of line for what we expected. AAA rate was $50/day lower than base for our two-room suite (with kitchen) that accommodated all 5 of us (me, wife, and kids 15, 12, and 8).

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool facing North. Pretty good setup, hardly any sun if that's an issue...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Oxford, Michigan
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Decided to take the family down for a 3 day vacation. Location was not an issue. Valet was easy. They are very prompt and attentive. Check in was easy enough. I guess I can see how the check in area is a little cold but it's not a big deal. We had a 2 room deluxe beachfront suite. Very nice accomodations. No issues there. Had a great balcony that overlooked the beach and had a great view of the fireworks NYE. I do understand the issues with the pool. No sun at all but you can get some sun by the pool bar in the afternoon. I really enjoyed the pool bar. They make a mean margarita and the service was very attentive. Also had room service. Good food and attentive as well.

Now my only compliant. The concierge. When my wife went to him on NYE for some recommendations for the evening for dinner and events he acted like he couldn't care less and pretty much said good luck. I'm not happy about that at all!! You work for us! That apathetic attitude could keep me from coming back. Ironically I got concierge service from everyone except the concierge! Anyway one other thing, add HD channels to your tvs. Even holiday inns have hd now. Come on!

All that being said its a beautiful hotel and great location but the concierge needs a customer service class...ASAP.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank JHallOxford
Bon Aqua, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We recently went to a Farms to Forks event at this hotel. The room was beautiful. It had a full kitchen, dressing table, balcony. It was fresh & clean. The bed was comfortable, the climate unit was accurate & responsive. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation. It’s great to read that you had an amazing experience at our property. I’m glad that you found your room to be well appointed. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I hope we can welcome you back for a future stay!