“has to be a last resort option”

Ramada Limited Clearwater Hotel and Suites
Ranked #79 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Key West, Florida
“has to be a last resort option”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

this building is in major need of total renevations from the ground up. the front desk help was not so bad except tryin to jack up the rate until i showed proof of my reservation.
the beds were quite comfortable including really nice pillows but aside from that the room was generally dirty and again in need of a good cleaning. i absolutely do not recomend this hotel at all.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank yellowbus101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Do not stay in this hotel. The rooms are very dirty and disgusting. I did not find any roaches as per previous comments, and no bed bugs either, but while checking for them it is obvious that they do not believe in keeping a room clean. What I found in between the mattresses was pretty nasty...hair, dirt, dust, and even candy wrappers. There was also dust caked in the curtain folds. The floor was not clean, the bathroom tiles were old and the grout was moldy/dirty. When we check in the front desk clerk was asleep on the lobby couch. The room smelled musty. The A/C was old, loud, and did not work very well. Despite running it all night, the room never really did cool down. Had we not driven 16 hours on this particular day, we would have definitely found a different hotel. Also, at check out they tried to charge me a $1.25 for the room safe (an unanchored, small locked box sitting on top of the luggage rack...my child could have easily picked it up and walked out with it!) They did credit me the $1.25 though. Do not stay here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Ontario
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We stayed here last year & came back. We know it isn't the greatest place but we don't mind. We got a 2 room 2 queen suite for $62.99. Plenty of room, the br closes off from the front room, 2 TVs with all the cable channels. The breakfast is very basic. The hotel is showing its age and could stand some upgrading.

The comments about the road noise are correct. The hotel is a 'U' shape with the open area facing SR60, Gulf to Bay Blvd, which is a 6 lane main drag, so there is no getting away from the road noise.

The staff was very responsive to our TV & fridge complaints and quickly corrected them.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Over the years I have stayed at Ramada Inns. They are usually ok. This one is not so good. I stayed here a couple of times in different rooms. On both occassions there were bugs. I think they were what we call fruit flies. Very annoying. I stayed the second time because the rates were so good, it was convienient to the beach and has a nice pool and jacuzzi. I did not think the bugs would be in all the rooms. Of the two rooms I had I was wrong. The cleanliness and beds leave a lot to be desired. The last time I stayed I had an efficiency with an actual stove. When I opened the oven, there was a pizza sitting in it moldy and disguisting.
This hotel is not the worst and is good for a low budget stay in Clearwater. I recommend this hotel to young people who are on a low budget and don't care where they stay. It is on Gulf to Bay Boulevard, take a left out of the hotel and you will go straight to the beach. The staff is friendly. The continental breakfast is limited.
I live in Orlando and love Clearwater Beach. It is excellent, among the best in the state. From Orlando it is about an hour further than the east coast beaches but is much nicer. It has beautiful white sand, is wide and slops gently into the gulf. The area is compact. Hotels, marina, restaurants are all in walking distance practically anywhere you stay. The prices are beach prices.
It has parasailing, excursion boats, pirate ships, all the things you want in a beach except surfing. For surfers the Gulf is not the place to go. Once in the water the drop off slope is very slight. You can walk into the water a long way before you have to swim to go further out.
The city of Clearwater is just across the causeway. There you will find malls, shopping, excellent restaurands and less expensive accomodations. There are two airports, Tampa International is minutes away and ST Petersburg Clearwater is on the south side. The whole area has much to do.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluewaterdown
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Should have read the reviews before staying here! The picture have got to be from abot 10 years ago that the have online!!! It doesn't look like that, it's very old and crackey!! There are people sitting in their cars in the parking lot all day/night long! No clue what they are doing since the beach isn't that far away they could go else where! (shady businesses????) The hotel is located on an extremely noisey busy road, All night long you hear police rushing by. you can hear every noise outside!!!! People were up all night long yelling and screaming and management did absoultely nothing about it!! I mean for hours, about 10:00-2:00. Bathrooms are fairly clean for the rest of the hotel didn't stink nor to dirty, just misreprestented in the pictures. And impossible to sleep well with the traffic all night and people, you can hear everything inside the rooms. For the price I guess you get what you paid for but for one night it wasn't worth it!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
eden
Reviewed July 20, 2010

my family, four kids, two adults, stayed in 2 suites and it was worth it. i was alittle leary at first from the past reviews, BUT for the money we paid, it was great! the pool was wonderful, the staff was very friendly. our rooms were not at all dirty - it is an older hotel, but this location was near all the places we wanted to go. We were on the go, especially with children and this was perfect. I would stay there again!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank 4kidsineden
MN
Reviewed May 29, 2010

If I could give this roach motel LESS than a one star rating, I would. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The pictures that were on their website at the time of booking were very deceiving. We were surprised to see that the hotel rooms were in the back of the main building, motel style. The rooms were SO dirty and gross. Even after we were moved to another room, it wasn't much better. Our feet were black after walking on the dirty, disgusting carpet. The breakfast was a joke. For the money we paid, I would expect better. Seriously - stay somewhere else. I wish I had.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family