“Great room at a great price”

Ramada Limited Clearwater Hotel and Suites
Ranked #81 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed July 20, 2010

my family, four kids, two adults, stayed in 2 suites and it was worth it. i was alittle leary at first from the past reviews, BUT for the money we paid, it was great! the pool was wonderful, the staff was very friendly. our rooms were not at all dirty - it is an older hotel, but this location was near all the places we wanted to go. We were on the go, especially with children and this was perfect. I would stay there again!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 4kidsineden

Reviewed May 29, 2010

If I could give this roach motel LESS than a one star rating, I would. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The pictures that were on their website at the time of booking were very deceiving. We were surprised to see that the hotel rooms were in the back of the main building, motel style. The rooms were SO dirty and gross. Even after we were moved to another room, it wasn't much better. Our feet were black after walking on the dirty, disgusting carpet. The breakfast was a joke. For the money we paid, I would expect better. Seriously - stay somewhere else. I wish I had.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Recently my family booked two rooms at the Clearwater Ramada. Our stay was for 5 nights. When we arrived the hotel looked nice but the condition of the room was disgusting. We have small children and we made it a point to call ahead and ask for the condition of the room, knowing our children would be touching every part of the room. The room itself was old, the door was rusted and the paint was falling off, the bottom of the fridge was also rusted, along with the safe in the closet, the light above the bathroom sink was completely surrounded by black mold, the sheets were stained and had cigarettes burns, the AC did not work properly, the hot tub was broken and the pool was a mess. We peaked in through some room windows and noticed they had some rooms that were in Ok condition so we thought that maybe they could switch us. When I went to the front desk the hostess apologized but said she could not help me because they were completely booked and the pool guy had supposedly just cleaned the pool. I asked for new sheets and never received them. We complained about the AC and no one ever came. At one point we came back to the room from the beach and noticed the sheets looked cleaner, I was happy for a quick second until I noticed some milk that my daughter had spilled earlier all the way at the foot of the bed, It turns out all the housekeeper did was turn the sheet around, probably hoping we did not notice, but we did because by that time we had purchased our own sheets to sleep with that we just laid over what was provided. One of the rooms was also infested with these bugs that looked like roaches but had wings, we purchased ant and roach spray for that as well. The hotel missed the mark completely on hospitality, even with the basic phonebook, channel guide and bible that you can find even in the cheapest motel, was missing here. Normally I would have just checked in to another hotel but it was spring break and all the hotels were booked, plus we booked and paid earlier through the rewards program and had a no money back policy. So we were stuck and had to make it work. I also had my sister in law that we booked a room for, so we actually needed two. It was a complete embarrassment that this was the hotel I had chosen for the both of us. My stay was a nightmare! I have pictures to show mostly everything I mentioned. I just can not get over the lack of help to make our stay better, as if the hotel room wasn’t bad enough. This would be my first complain of any hotel I’ve ever stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Wow4girls
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Hotel was dirty. Refund promised by management...never honored because changed mind. Manager never available when called to cancel several days prior or to answer complaint on credit later on.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank fmlytrvlr6
Reviewed April 8, 2009

Very dirty & needs updating. Pool area was very nice but continental breakfast looked unappetizing so went to Dunkin Donuts. This is a $60 per night hotel...not the $130 that we paid. Good location & good pool but that's it. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Stay at the Ramada, no surprises average....not much to the breakfast, but clean and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 9, 2008

We stayed at Ramada for 2 nights in the end of Aug. I was a little concerned after reading other reviews, but no roaches, everything was clean, staff was very helpful--overall great value for my money. Negatives: Advertised whirlpool/jacuzzi doesnt work, conditioner is loud, doors slamming and overall noise level can bother light sleepers. Hotel was very lightly occupied so noise factor wasn;t a problem for us.
I recommend this hotel to smb who is looking for clean/decent hotel with customer oriented staff.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)