“Working Toward Improvement”

Ranked #79 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Ohio
“Working Toward Improvement”
Reviewed March 18, 2008

My husband and I arrived in Dunedin and were unable to stay at the home of friends because we were struck with the winter flu...UGH! It was difficult to find a hotel with 4 nights of availability. We took a chance at this Ramada Limited-located only 10 minutes from our Dunedin friends.

We saw no roaches, and bedding seems updated. Towels were thin, but shower seemed clean. Cable and free wireless internet access helped pass the time. We paid $89. per night and our room included an extra sink (mini bar) with microwave and refrigerator. Although included, we did not eat breakfast.

Management was courteous, but we will not return to this property. Better values are nearby!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Worn appearance and questionable cleanliness.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gulf Coast
Reviewed November 11, 2007

This hotel is CRAWLING with roaches! We even had to shake them out of our clothes and luggage before we left. We ended up moving in the middle of the night and they refused to give us a refund or even a discount!

It was DISGUSTING!

• Disliked — Roach Infested!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank skb632
NJ
Reviewed September 10, 2007

After reading the previous reviews I was nervous to stay here....but either the people went crazy or they completely revamped the place!

I arrived to the hotel late (11pm) and asked if there was anyway I could still get dinner. In 30 minutes a gourmet meal with figet mignon, garlic potatos, and a wonderful glass of cabernet (Caymus), came to my door.

The room was amazing. Plush pillows and fine linens. Soft carperting and fresh flowers throughout my room. I could not belive I was in a Ramada!

Perfect experience throughout and I look forward to returning again!

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank antplays
Tampa, FL
Reviewed May 10, 2006

As a frequent Hotel traveler for business, I stay in a lot of different hotesl including at times a Ramada. I do find that Ramadas are kinda like pot luck dinners because you never know what you get till you get there, since most are privately owned.
First, I made a mistake by NOT reading the other reviews on Tripadvisor, as I typically do before booking a room somewhere. Recently I read the other reviews of some of the other people who stayed here and yes, they are correct too.

Folks, I am seriously trying to save you the trip to this place. I have gone by this hotel many times and it looks pretty nice from the outside but the nice looks takes a screeching halt when you walk in the room. A smelly aroma greeted me and then I noticed the very dirty carpet. You should have seen the bottom of my white socks after an hour of being there - YUK! The bed was terrible and made a noise every time you moved on it.

The next day I went to put on my shoes and found a small roach crawling on it. I tried to catch it to show the front desk but it ran under the bed. I am NOT joking.

also the room was very noisy - the rooms open out to a small parking lot so you can hear people going and comming through the night.

The front desk was a mess too. open cardboard boxes and junk lying on the floor - although the clerk who checked me in was pleasant.

The breakfast is a joke! muffins, cereal - uhm not for me!
also if you click on the picture on tripadvisor it opens up with pics from Expedia (which is a very good site) the outside pictures look the same, nice looking as I first mentioned but the room picture doesn't look like the room at alll!
If this is the only hotel available - sleep in your car. Trust me on this one.

one last thing.... If you never posted a review before - please take the time to do this so other travelers can be aware of the hotel - be it good or bad!

Thanks!

T

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
10 Thank Around2travel
New Hampshire
Reviewed February 12, 2006

Although not the absolute worst hotel - it was relatively clean inside and easy to find, I share with you my experience --

Ants in the bathroom - when I called to have them spray, I am not sure they did. I do know however, they did not clean the bathroom during my four day stay as there were dead ants on the floor for the duration of my stay and hair in the shower drain as well.

The AC worked, but was VERY loud - it would click on and off every 20 minutes or so and once it clicked on, it would give a big bang, run loud for about 5 minutes, then shut down to complete silence...difficult to sleep to!

The pictures are quite decieving - the rooms are exterior doors and the rooms have little/no sound proofing - one night, the noise outside continued until after midnight...but I did hear loud and clear other guests of the hotel yelling at people outside in the parking lot to be quiet! Likewise, this hotel is just off a main road/highway - be prepared to listen to lots of car/highway noise!

The breakfast left much to be desired...muffins, danish and no-name cereal boxes.

If you do stay, watch your bill...I was billed a "safe fee" of $1.11/night - when I questioned this, I was asked if I used the safe. When I said no, they removed the charge. Also, I had in my hand my reservation confirmation from the hotel at one rate. I was billed a very different rate (higher). When I questioned this, I was told that I would need to speak to the manager...but was not told when he/she would be in. I have since called Ramada directly - so far, met with no response. We'll see!

Again, not the worst if you just need a place to crash and you can sleep through most noise and don't mind looking at every detail on your bill before you leave.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank Pancannh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2002

this place was the pits!
do not stay here!
Its so bad,
I complained, and they did nothing, so
i made a website. To get to it, type "Hotel Hell Ramada" into a search engine, such as Google.

• Stayed November 2002