WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Ramada Inn Countryside Clearwater

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Ramada Inn Countryside Clearwater
Ranked #83 of 94 Hotels in Clearwater
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nastiest...Hotel Room....EVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2010

Do not stay in this hotel, it was the nastiest hotel room I've ever stayed in. We had been driving for about 16 hours on this day and needed a place to stay in Clearwater. I thought that since it was a Ramada it would be ok. The first red flag was that the front desk clerk was asleep on the couch in the lobby. The room was priced reasonably, so we got a room. Upon entering I immediately noticed a musty, dirty smell to the room. I turned on the A/C, which was very loud. It happened to have been an 85 degree day, so our room was very hot, and despite running the A/C all night it never did cool down much. I noticed that everything looked really dirty and old (old floor tiles, dirty/moldy grout, etc.) We did check for bed bugs and found no evidence of them, but there was alot of dirt, hair, dust, etc in between the mattresses. It was gross. The curtains also had dust caked in between folds. We were so tired from driving all day that we stayed...we should have left. The bed & pillows were not comfortable at all. When we checked out, they had added a $1.25 "Safe Warranty" fee. I asked what it was for and the clerk said it was for using the room safe. I told her I did not use the safe (which by the way was an unanchored small locked box sitting on top of the luggage rack which I could have easily picked up an removed from the room.) She acted a little offended that I wanted the charges removed, but she did remove them. I will never stay at another Ramada again. Corporate should really look into this particular hotel that bears their name.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Avon, CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2010

Five members of my family rented 3 rooms at this hotel . All the rooms were disgusting. The first night I saw fleas in the bathtub, the second night there was a roach. The place was dirty, and had cracked tiles and dirty grout in the bathroom. When my sister flushed the toilet in her room the floor flooded. When she asked for clean blankets because the ones on the bed were dirty, all they did was switch them on the beds. There was one tiny bar of soap for both shower and sink. The air conditioner was filthy, and extraordinarly loud. Yet, if you turned it off...the room became smelly and stuffy. The "continental breakfast" included warm orange juice and cold coffee. When we tried to contact the front desk to request a wake up call...there was repeatedly no answer. This was a very unpleasant experience and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I thought because it was a Ramada it would be up to reasonble standards....not so. I would never stay at another Ramada again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank LucilleM

Travelers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Palatine, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2007

When we arrived at the Ramada Inn office it looked nice, we asked if we could see one of the rooms (the price for one night was about $79). When we opened the door to the room 205 we looked at the nice jakuzzi with 2 mirrors on the wall. So we immediately decided to take this room and on the way to the office we planned our evening in jakuzzi with a wine and candles.
We payed for 4 days in advance and then we were on the way back to "our" room with jacuzzi.
Our dissapointment started when we were trying to fill jakuzzi with water. There was no valves! I immediately called the office and the gentleman behind the counter said that all jakuzzis in the hotel are not working and that we are not supposed to touch them. He also said that there is jakuzzi outside and we can use it anytime between 10AM and 10PM. I got very mad, because we payed for 4 days in advance for the room with jakuzzi. My wife was trying to calm me down. The same night we discovered that there was only one soap in the bathroom, that water from bathtub was actually staying in the bathtub for one hour after taking a shower, that tv remote was not functioning properly. The next day we wanted to go to that outside jakuzzi so we went to the office asking where to turn it on and the same gentleman at the counter said that actually the outside jakuzzi will be turned on the next day! I couldn't stand the situation and I left the office cursing.
I do not recommend this hotel to anyone who want to have a nice pleasant stay. It is expensive and the office stuff lies about what you are going to get for your money. Jakuzzi in the room that they will show you is there just to look at it and do not touch. So please be careful and do not stop at this place.

1 Thank JerseyMac
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2005

myself and my wife work for the pinellas county council of fire fighters and we feel that the staff at the countryside inn have been given a bad rap. they are currently under renovation and anyone could see this upon check in they are working very hard to make this a great place to stay and people should be understanding of this. theyre are no fire saftey issues that are a threat to anyone if there were we would not stay here. we highly recommend staying here. We will incorage evryone we know to use this hotel in the future because they are highly supportive of the firefighters in this county.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2004

Fiance and I checked into the Countryside Inn on US19- we were looking for a place to stay that accepted pets near the Dunedin area. I knew that my expectations should not be high- based on the fact that Ramada has pulled its flag from this hotel and it is now a small mom and pop motel. Well, it was worse than I ever imagined. We pulled into a completely desserted parking lot on x-mas eve around 11pm. We asked if we were the only guests- where we were told- no but the parking lot reflceted we were. There were live wires hanging from the ceiling. There were missing floor tiles in the lobby. The desk was filty and so was the front desk agent who was in her sweats behind the desk. There were live wires and blinking lights from the room behind the front desk also. When we checked in we were told that we can only stay on the 1st floor since we have a pet (3 lb puppy). When reservations were made we requested a high floor for obvious saftey reasons. Our view from out first floor was of 3 bums staying in the parking lot/dumpster. When we turned on the lights in the guestroom the entire wall began to shake and a terrible noise was ommitted from the wall. We continued by turning on the bathroom light- the restroom was worse than a restroom in a truck stop. The smell was terrible, the furtniture was old, worn and stained. The carpet was also worn, windows were cracked. To make matters worse we didnt even get our bed preference. We immediately pulled the phone book in search for another hotel that allows pets. We couldn't find one and ended up checking out 5 minutes later- where we returned to our family's house to spend the night. When I told the desk clerk not only was the room unacceptable but the hotel was not to fire code. She hand wrote a note- b/c they don't own anything with stationary or insignia- that we will not be charged. To make matters worse we were charged. I have called 3 times to have this adjusted and not receievd one call back. The poor new girl Teresa keeps telling us she tells the owner we called but he hasnt called us back. We have since told the CC compnay to stop all charges.. BEWARE OF this DUMP- the streets are cleaner.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2004

We stayed at ramadainn countryside last week end our overall stay was satisfactory,in terms of value they have very specious and clean room,serve good breakfast,nice pool and very convenientley located from all major restaurent,mall and attraction.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2004

My husband and I were looking for a relaxing place to stay for our 9th wedding anniversary. We booked this hotel over the internet and were terribly disgusted when we checked in. The hotel is actually not the Ramada Inn on the Beach but is located on 19 S in Clearwater. The hotel lobby was decent but all went downhill from there. We opened the door to our room and a stench overcame us. I was so disgusted! It smelled like mildew. The floor had peanuts on it from the previous tenants. When we pulled back the blankets for the beds we found the blanket appeared to have blood or some other type of red/brown stain on them. This was a recent stain. Not something that had been washed and was stuck in the fibers. We went to the balcony to look out and found that we overlooked a parking lot. UGH. Our balcony door did not lock and 2 moths were flying around behind the obviously old drapes. The bathtub was dirtry. The carpet smelled. We asked for the room to be cleaned and was told nobody was on staff to do this. DO NOT STAY HERE! I WILL NEVER RETURN!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member