“DON'T STAY HERE”

Ramada Inn Countryside Clearwater
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Ramada Inn Countryside Clearwater
Ranked #86 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Sarasota, Florida
“DON'T STAY HERE”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

What an awful hotel. I feared for my safety, it is dirty, dirty, dirty. There was absolutely nothing I can say good about this place nothing. The Ramada company should be ashamed of themselves. The toilet seat was broke in half and glued back together. The bathroom was disgustingly dirty. I went and bought soap and Lysol to clean the room. REALLY IF YOU VALUE YOUR SAFETY DON'T STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catdee123

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Probably wouldn't go back. Room smelt of dogs. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large but nothing special. They should probably clean the carpets and the bed spreads to get rid of the pet smells.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2013

early march is the wrong time of the year for a to find a good hotel without reservations in the clearwater area ... every reasonably priced motel in the area was booked solid for the upcoming spring break, except this place ... we were too tired to go further so we checked in before looking at the tripadvisor reviews ... big mistake .... moldy, smelly, cracks in the walls, nasty, nasty, nasty place ... i could not sleep

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sinbad5520
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was the worst experience in my life. My family scratched all night in bed. When we woke up the following morning, we discovered live bed bugs in both beds had bitten us. As well, there was blood from the bites so we called the manager. She wanted to charge us for half a nights stay. Of course we checked out and cut our trip short.
Hotel is old...cracked tiles, smelly, only 1 working tv in a suite.
Wyndham should take this off their list as this is not up to the Wyndham quality that I know. Stains sheets, cheap towels, dirty, dirty, dirty....NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cj J
Luquillo, PR
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Our trip to Clearwater was to visit family, right after leaving Disney's All Star Sports hotel. Whoever has read my reviews before knows I'm not into fancy, and just use hotels as a place to sleep. The Ramada was very basic. Quite dated, but clean. Coffee maker, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. None of that all in one garbage. Breakfast was cereal, good coffee, muffins, bagels & English muffins with cream cheese or jellies, and honey buns. It had a pool, but since it was cold we barely looked at it. As I type I glance over to read all of the negative reviews. The place isn't a big deal, but there are way worse. The Ramada was waaay better than the Days inn we stayed in last time we were in Clearwater (Also on Gulf to Bay), in which I will NEVER again stay at. There are several other motels down Gulf to Bay and most look pretty ratty. There's also a Fairfield inn down the street and I'm certain it would have been very nice, but I didn't need to pay almost $200 just for a place to sleep. Bottom line the Ramada was cheap and clean, and I'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Puertoricosigns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Upon opening the door, the smell was terrible. The room and furnishings were dingy. Tile in bathroom was moldy. There was a suspicious brown sticky stain on the bedskirt. Bedspread was waxy felling. Threw it on the floor. The blanket was nasty with numerous holes and very thin. The sheets were o.k. I checked under the mattress and boxspring for critters. The air-conditioned in between the bathroom and bedroom and was so loud when it kicked in, I could not sleep. Ramada should not have their name attached to this hotel. I could not get out of there fast enough.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank didzik
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Do not stay in this hotel, it was the nastiest hotel room I've ever stayed in. We had been driving for about 16 hours on this day and needed a place to stay in Clearwater. I thought that since it was a Ramada it would be ok. The first red flag was that the front desk clerk was asleep on the couch in the lobby. The room was priced reasonably, so we got a room. Upon entering I immediately noticed a musty, dirty smell to the room. I turned on the A/C, which was very loud. It happened to have been an 85 degree day, so our room was very hot, and despite running the A/C all night it never did cool down much. I noticed that everything looked really dirty and old (old floor tiles, dirty/moldy grout, etc.) We did check for bed bugs and found no evidence of them, but there was alot of dirt, hair, dust, etc in between the mattresses. It was gross. The curtains also had dust caked in between folds. We were so tired from driving all day that we stayed...we should have left. The bed & pillows were not comfortable at all. When we checked out, they had added a $1.25 "Safe Warranty" fee. I asked what it was for and the clerk said it was for using the room safe. I told her I did not use the safe (which by the way was an unanchored small locked box sitting on top of the luggage rack which I could have easily picked up an removed from the room.) She acted a little offended that I wanted the charges removed, but she did remove them. I will never stay at another Ramada again. Corporate should really look into this particular hotel that bears their name.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family