“Good value, good food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Consistently a good meal for your dollar. Very casual dining, service always good. Our go to place for a quick local meal. We eat there about every other month when we get a craving for Mexican

There are newer reviews for Poblanos

Reviewed October 23, 2012

First timer, will never go again. I went to this place because it was a new Mexican Restaurant in our area, been waiting for a new one. My wife ordered a Shrimp Burrito, the shrimp were not fully cooked, the queso sauce was runny and bland. My daughter had the Chicken Burrito which she said was very bland and after 2 bites asked if we could go some where else to eat. My wife after 1 bite suggested the same. I got the Ground Beef Burrito which was very bland and the meat was mushy. Even the chip tasted like grease and left a bitter taste on the roof of your mouth. The waitress did not even ask if there was a problem when we asked for the check. She seemed not to care. The staff was inept and the manager was no where to be seen. We paid the full bill and left. I also thought the prices were high, most items are 410.00 +. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. Ended up at TIA's, got a good meal and great service. The manager stopped by our table twice during dinner to see if all was okay and even took the time to get drink refills, even though we did not ask for them. I will be surprised if Poblano's is around long. Brandon market is tuff and consumers will not tolerate bad food and service.

1  Thank J R
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Ate at dinner 5:30 pm Wed 10.17.2012; sick by 3:00 am; Serious sick !! Old chips, reused! Found someone else's black bean dip on chips pieces; asked for chicken and got tough ground beef. Taco salad - wet like they just washed the lettuce and threw in the shell; Enchilada was tough. No taste. Paid the bill and walked. Tried to speak with management, no one came by - complained to the girl at the front desk that seated us and she stared - no comment. Previously, I recommended this place to so many people, now I am sorry. There is no way I will go back till they straighten up their act.

1  Thank Pati347
Reviewed August 16, 2012

1. Margaritas are made with "mystery mix", NOT fresh lime juice, and a little tequila.
2. Tacos w/ground beef had no taste whatsoever.
3 Enchilada with beef "barbecoa" had no taste, AND had the consistancy of balsa wood.
4. (Boring) pico de gallo, side dish was $1.75 ! (?)

However, to be fair, I went back today and studied the menu more extensively, hoping to find something else. (I really, really, wanted this restaurant to become a regular hangout!).
Alas, I left without ordering anything.
MAY go back in a few months, if they're still open.

1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed August 12, 2012

When my wife and I ate here the food was terrible, greasy, no flavor and the service for 4:30 was just as bad. Asked to speak with a manager and was told none would be available to come out. So left what we didn't eat which was almost everything and left. Contacted the restaurant by email the very next day, and got a nasty email in reply stating unless we had a chance to speak with while you were there we really don't care. My thoughts exactly , "they really don't care" must be basically older people with no palates because it really is not anything like what a Mexican restaurant should be, and when you get a response like that, true who needs it..

1  Thank madbeacher2009