Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Family Kayaking Fun

We booked KC for a 1/2 day trip to kayak the Chassahowitzka River. My family of four had a great... read more

Reviewed June 30, 2021
RidingReston
Fun Family Adventure

Really enjoyed our day kayaking in Frog creek with KC!! It was definitely an amazing adventure... read more

Reviewed May 9, 2021
GoPlaces65039

Recommended experiences in and around Clearwater
from $32.00
from $35.24
from $75.00
from $30.19
More Info
All reviews chassahowitzka river river otters an adventure fish clearwater beach kc van tunnel wildlife picnic knowledge florida vacation float hat turtles
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2020

My husband and I recently enjoyed a kayak grip with KC Hicks, from Coconut Kayak Tours. He picked us up at our hotel in Clearwater Beach and drove us to the Chassahowitzka National Wildlife Refuge (Crystal River) where we kayaked for 2-3 hours. KC is very friendly and made the trip enjoyable. He also is very knowledgable about area history and wildlife. We enjoyed seeing river otters, turtles and various birds include a Great Blue Heron, Bald Eagle and an Osprey. We also were fascinated by the natural springs in the area. We highly recommend Coconut Kayak Tours!

Date of experience: February 2020
fearlessfly1, Owner at Coconut Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2020

Thank you for kind words nice review and your biz. Was my pleasure
KC

Reviewed January 24, 2020

What a great experience, !! the guide picked us up,(just me and my mom,) he brought a cooler with drinks and snacks for us which was very nice of him. he was very friendly and great with conversation and had a lot of knowledge about the area, birds, and sea life. when we arrived there were manatee's in the cove and they came right up to my kayak. we sat there a wile just watching them and there were a few babies as well. :)
then we went another cove and we had more manatee's all to ourselves ! and i got in the water with them,!! one of the very big manatee's came over to me and then she turned on her back for a belly rub and she did this several times. ! the manatee hung out with me for quite a wile and one of the babies came over to me also and i got to touch her briefly as well. these are the sweetest most Gentle giants !! we paddled around the area and saw many birds. this was a half day tour and after we left we went to eat dinner with the instructor of course and went home. it was a long day but well worth it. !! would HIGHLY recommend going with KC for a tour that is away from the usual crowds of the other tour groups !

Date of experience: January 2020
KC H, Public Relations Manager at Coconut Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2020

Yes indeed a great day to view and interact with the manatees. Now are you happy you jumped in? Had you not you would have regrets. On a 1. -10 scale your experiemce .was a 9. Not everyone gets a manatee all to themselves for 1/2 hour with 8 or 10 others in Big Mommas Cove, thats what I call.it.online. Dont want to disclose my secret spot. This is why I avoid the more popular spots and the swim.with the manatees pontoon boat zoo when 10 people jump in all clamoring for the manatees attention
Via kayak quietly best way. It is an experience on a whole other level when its just you and the manatee.
Thanks for the kind words, post a few of your great photos if you can figure it out
Next trip .... monkeys! EZ float trip for your Moms
KC

Reviewed January 16, 2020

I told KC that I wanted to experience both worlds of Florida, freshwater and saltwater. He took us on an amazing freshwater Creek that led to a maze of beautiful Mangroves and tunnels. He will custom fit the perfect trip that you want to go on. He picked us up from our vacation spot and showed up on time. KC was very thoughtful and unexpectedly to my surprise, he included an abundance of snacks and drinks. He literally provides everything. We will definitely be booking another trip the next time we are in town. I'd like to also mention that KC really loves nature and is very knowledgeable when it comes to identifying any animal or plant in the area. I noticed that while on our little voyage, KC would stop and pick up any bottles or garbage floating in the water. It made me feel good that there are still people out there that care about our waters and wildlife. And in inspiration of KC I will do the same from now on. Like the tittle says, BEST KAYAK GUIDE EVER!

Date of experience: January 2020
KC H, Public Relations Manager at Coconut Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Thanks for the kind words, this was my Frog Creek to Terra Ceia Preserve trip. Few people know of this kayak trail....well actually there is no marked trail .... but soon I will be. hanging coconuts as trail markers and I bought 1lb of Gulfcoast wildflower seed to play Johnny Apple seed along the creek banks come spring.

There is a awesome RV park I launch from and Debbie the campground owner is always super nice allowing use of her kayak launch/ parking and clean restrooms for my guests. See FrogCreekRV. Com also 5 star rated here on Trip Advisors She sponsored my Church of the double bladed paddle group, Frog Creek / Terra Ceia Preserve cleanup and allowed us to dispose properly 12 huge hefty bags of litter collected this past summer in her RV park dumpster.
I am still trying to get permission for a picnic table in a spot on a island from Terra Ceia. Preserve . 25% of my profits from this tour gets set aside to make it better and better.

Farmer shot and killed the 12 ft gator that posed no threat I use to always see..... sad. But those 3 baby gators provide hope for the future. If they can avoid the Great Blue Herons, Osprey and Hawks.

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

This was the best kayaking tour we’ve ever done. K C the owner and tour guide, had the entire trip lined up. He picked us up at our hotel. He provided drinks and snacks which we did not expect, and took us to an absolutely fabulous kayaking spot with lots of wildlife. It was a wonderful and relaxing day. We highly recommend.

Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

You really do get what you pay for, and would gladly do it again with KC! Very nice Pelican Kayaks, quality oars and gear. Lunch, snacks, and refreshments were included.

Today our family took a guided kayak tour of the "Chaz" and Hidden Spring. It sure didn't disappoint! The day was very peaceful, and at times challenging, but it was all worth it. Our two boys, 8 & 11, made it like champs!

We encountered so many manatees, found a hidden gem of a spring run, scouted a future primitive campsite, and to top it all off, we ran into a small pod of dolphins corralling a school of mullet for an early dinner!
It was an amazing day!