Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key
$197
$159
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$126
$185
$173
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$180
$135
  • Beachfront
$187
$215
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
1,978 results
All reviewssand keypool areaacross the streetclearwater beachcolumbia restaurantmaggie maesdunkin donutsview of the baykids clubjet skijolly trolleyliving areapoolside barsaw dolphinsthe sofa bedhigh floorhotel restaurant
Reviewed March 16, 2009

the hotel is very service oriented with beautiful rooms and tasteful surroundings. the restaurant is one of the best and the spa is great. my whole family enjoyed the island atmosphere with rock waterfalls and kid friendly activities at the pool. the sunrise and sunsets were an event! we have made our visits to the sandkey marriot a tradition...

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
AYSSandKey, General Manager at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2009

Dear rubymolly,
Thank you so much for your generous feedback about the service you received from us during your stay.. I'll be sure to share this with the TEAM! We appreciate your business and look forward to your return visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2009

I had the most fantastic time at this hotel. It has everything you would want on a vacation. The staff was friendly, helpful and enjoyable to talk with. The water location is so beautiful, I especially enjoyed watching the dolphins. The pool area is the best I have ever experienced. The rock formations and waterfalls and great island music made me feel like I was in the Islands on vacation. I had a massage in Antonio's spa that was the best I have ever had. Ask for Sam, he knows what he is doing, very skillful. Also the warm bed and lotion along with the soft music was so relaxing. The design of the hotel is very tasteful, I love the marble floors in the lobby. The suites have been redone recently and are very beuatiful and comfortable. I loved sitting on my balcony and watching the dolphins and birds on the water. The food is really delicious too, I had the most fantastic time at this hotel and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Stayed 4 nights the first week of March. The staff at this hotel was great. They were very accomodating with all our requests. The hotel itself is an older property but Marriott has done a good job of updating it. Hotel is across the road from the beach, but it is a short walk or the hotel will drive you over. Pool area is nice, great service from the bar. Hotel is located just south of Clearwater beach, closer to residential area, so there is not alot of places to walk to, just a few shops and restaurants, but it is a very nice area. The restaurant on premises is an award winning steakhouse, which was excellent. We were very satisified with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2009

stayed here for one night ( whilst on holiday in orlando for a month) wanted a couple of days on the' white sandy beaches 'of florida. booked it from our hotel in orlando-having seen the photo at home previous to coming over (and thought wow!) although a very smart hotel, we were instantly disappointed because the discription of it and the photo makes you think your straight onto the beach, which you are not. 6th floor, balcony view, up in the lift,( horrible walk to the room if you're scared of heights like i am!) open the door - musty smell ,ok room; miserable bathroom. but of course a lovely view of the sea. didn't bother complaining as we were only there for the night. offered a buggy ride to the beach over the road 200yrds away, but walked. the beach was covered in tiny seashells and blowing a gale, not what we expected! we come form a place that has tiny stones on the beach, so no difference there! back to the hotel after a while and to the pool. nice enough, but nothing special. went to Pier 60 at night (having walked over a horribly high bridge) and found the' white sandy beach' that we had imagined hoorah! bliss. the pier was great, and the girls had hair braiding done, the boys took ther picture with captain jack! went back over the bridge(!!) in the morning to the beach of dreams and enjoyed a full day of sun and fun on lovely fine white sand. message is, do your homework on exactly the area things are. this hotel is not where you think it is i:e ON clearwater beach.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Frankly, I wish my family and I had stayed less in Orlando and more on Sand Key. This is the kind of hotel that makes you think, "I'm really on vacation...."

After four nights in Orlando, with the hectic pace and road rage, I was ready to actually relax. The Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key did not disappoint. The staff is extremely helpful, the rooms are spacious, the restaurant is a very good value - especially in the mornings, and every room comes equipped with a great view of the water - both the bay side and the gulf side. Next door to the hotel is the "Columbia Restaurant", the Sand Key location of a famous, family-owned Latin American and Spanish restaurant that started in Ybor City in the 1920s. The proximity of the Columbia alone makes a stay at the Marriott worthwhile!

There are two (minor) points that make the hotel less than "perfect", and really the only reason I did not give it an overall 5-point ("Excellent") rating: 1) it is not directly on the beach - you have to walk or be shuttled (free of charge by the hotel) about 1/2 mile to Sand Key Beach State Park; and 2) the rooms have exterior doors; which means you'll be outside in the wind, rain and (on some winter days) chilly air; there was also a sizable gap under the door so the wind howled in our room. With those two exceptions, everything else about our stay was superb.

Sand Key is about 30-45 minutes from Tampa's amusement parks and museums. If the weather is "less than perfect," (always a threat in the winter) the Museum of Science and Industry and the Florida Aquarium are both indoor attractions that will provide more than enough to do while it rains.

If you stay, be sure to say, "Hi!" to Lisa, the resident macaw whose perch is next to the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family