“Suites on the Bay”

Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Marriott Suites are a little out of date. The main reception rooms are very nice but go up in the lift and things change. The bedrooms are comfortable with terrific views out over the bay but they are tired. They are in need of a complete update.
Having said that my husband and I enjoyed our stay on the bay. With helpful staff, pleasant pool and a little Jolly Trolley calling in at the hotel every 20 mins to take you to Clearwater Beach it is easy to enjoy the area. The sunsets to be seen at Pier 60 each evening are spectacular and not to be missed. One point which should be mentioned is that the beach on the bay side is not sand. It is crushed shells, if you want fine sand get the Jolly Trolley into Clearwater ( charge is just 2 dollars ) Daily and weekly tickets are available. The hotel may not be new but it does know how to look after its guests and I say again we did enjoy our 10 days there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TPAMS, Manager at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Sylvia022,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay at our hotel.

We appreciate your positive comments as well as the constructive ones. We always look to improve our product and are in planning phases of some potential changes. I am very happy you were happy with our service and also thank you for a thorough review of the beaches, as the information provided is very accurate.

Once again thank you for the review and we hope to welcome you back at Marriott Suites again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Marriott on Sand Key in Clearwater is an older, but very nice hotel. The rooms were decorated nicely and the lobby and bar were well appointed. The breakfast was very good. The only downside was the water pressure in the shower. Very low.

Other than that, I can't wait to go back in February.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Carl C.,

Thank you for the review of your stay.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for letting us know about the water pressure issue that you experienced. I would certainly appreciate if you could let me know directly what room you stayed in so I can have our maintenance team take care of this as soon as possible.

Once again thank you for the review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My family and I spent 3 nights at the Marriott Suites in Clearwater Fl. this past Summer (first week of June 2013). The hotel has a great location right on the water. The public beach is just across the street. There are several small restaurants and shops within walking distance. There is more of a selection just over the bridge connecting to the mainland. The rooms where adequate, a little on the small side. and they are well used. However it was clean and the housekeeping staff was great. The first night we arrived my 2 year old threw up all over the king bedspread and sheet. The Staff came immediately with replacement sheets, spread and towels. Our room was cleaned each day while we were out and she did a great job!! The hotel has a decent pool area. There are waterfalls, a volleyball net, handicap accessible chair hoist, cabanas for rent, lots of lounge chairs, a sand play area with small swing-set/clubhouse and a bar that serves grill food and Pizza Hut pizza. The pool was jammed packed our entire stay,but the tweens we had with us loved it because there was lots of different kids and games to engage their interest. There is a coin operated launder center. There is a center for crafts and activities. We spent one day over at the public beach. We had a great time playing in the sand. We rented an umbrella and 2 chairs ( I think for 25$),. We brought a cooler, had a picnic and played in the water until we were ready to walk back to the hotel. I am pretty sure the hotel offers shuttle-service over to the Sand Key Park, we just did not take advantage. Overall we had a great time, the hotel is great for families, staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chloe B

Dear Chloe B.,

Thank you for your thorough review of your stay.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay thoroughly. There are many choices when it comes to accommodations and we all appreciate you choosing our Marriott Suites.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you are looking for a great hotel, in an amazing area, this is the place for you. The rooms are amazingly big. We had a two double room. You walk into a large sitting area, with a wet bar. The bedroom is in the back with a view of the inter coastal from your balcony. The pool area is amazing with a couple different waterfalls, and a volleyball net. Beach balls, volleyballs, and noodles are provided for the kids in the pool. The buggy over to the beach is a nice touch, and sand toys were provided for my daughter. I did not like the beach on Sand Key as much as Clearwater Beach.

Room Tip: Get a high room if possible. You can see sea life swimming in the water.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Matt W.,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel.

I am very pleased that we made your stay an enjoyable one and thank you for choosing our Marriott Suites for your stay in Clearwater.

I hope we get to welcome you back again soon and please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the mean time.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We thorougly enjoyed our stay at the Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key...so much so that when I arrived home I called the Front Desk Manager to tell him how much we enjoyed Bob and the beach buggy driver, forgive me for once again forgetting your name. Bob greeted us with a pleasant demeanor and explained our travel options in great detail for going to the beach, provided lots of helpful recommendations and was THE BEST EVER! We would definitely go back and the view from the front door to the back door were both breathtaking! Hooray for seeing manatees, sting rays and large fish from our 7th floor room. The room was clean, enjoyable and met all of our needs. The pool bar provided great walk up to greet us service and was not over crowded as we have seen on some other posts. Ample towels and smiles! Great time!

Room Tip: Choose high up so you can see the depths of the water and the fish and animals!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer L.,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel and for all the positive comments about your experience while staying with us. It is our intent to make every guest's stay a pleasant one and I am happy we were able to succeed during your stay.

Certainly hope we get to welcome you back again soon and please let me know if I can be of any service.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice it's a bit of a throwback style place with outdoor entrance to your rooms and they are slightly dated. The room feels a bit like a place for a bunch of friends to overload the room for partying.
Having the separate living room was great and the view of the bay from the patio is wonderful. And the walkway outside your door looks back toward Clearwater beach and the ocean.

The pool has 2 waterfalls and overlooks the bay with a bar was a nice afternoon for our family (2 boys aged 2 and 5). We had food poolside and it was very good as well.

The lobby was great and we had fun talking with Lisa the resident macaw. My only significant drawback for me was location it's not truly on Clearwater Beach it's a mile or more away and not 89 t m the action..Also the hotel is not on the beach side of the street so you aren't just walking out of your place and heading to the beach, you are driving or getting a lift on the golf cart.

It's a nice place and we enjoyed the stay, and the location issues are on me. Being a Marriott frequent traveler hurt me in not doing more research on the location.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
TPAMS, Manager at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Patrick B.,

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to the Marriott brand as a rewards member.

I am happy you and your family enjoyed your stay. We appreciate all feedback and your comments have been shared with the rest of our team. Even though we are not right on the beach, it is our intent to make every guest's experience a memorable one through our service.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice hotel, friendly staff in a relaxing setting. If you are a Marriott's reward member, you get fresh baked cookies in the morning delivered to your room. What a lovely, unexpected surprise! The rooms are decent, being 2 room suites and having a view of the waterway and another one of the ocean. The pool area was great with water access right there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear T Z,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel and for your loyalty to Marriott as a Rewards member.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will be able to welcome you back at Marriott Suites at Sand Key again soon.