“BEACH, BEACH, BEACH, VIEWS AND MORE VIEWS”

Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key
Ranked #13 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed June 8, 2012

MY association had our summer conference at the Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key. ALL ROOMS are SUITES. They are roomy and very comfortable. The entire facility is very clean. Even though the on-site restaurant was pricy, the food was excellent and the service A okay. There is a swimming pool with an outdoor bar where you can also order burgers and sandwiches. They even have a baby sitting service on site. What a great place to vacation in Florida if you enjoy the BEACH and water. There is a shuttle that delivers you to the beach. The beach is CLEAN. The views from your room, especially the higher floors (I was on the 10th floor), are wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys the sand, beach, walks and the water.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and great views
1  Thank ltthorpe

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review of our property! I am very glad to see that you had a good stay with us. I hope your association will come back to stay with us again soon. Thank you again. Sincerely, Julia Brensel, Front Office Manager.

There are newer reviews for Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key

Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is a great place for families and business guests to stay at when in Clearwater! The hotel is an older facility and showing some age, however the hotel staff was EXCELLENT and the grounds and pool area were awesome. Great location, next to Sand Key state park (take the golf cart across for free to teh beach) , close to many good eateries and close to the CM Aquarime (Winter's home). The hotel staff was very quick with service and great advise on local places to go. In the Watercolor resturaunt if you are having breakfast ask for "Chic" she is awesome. I would also recommend the Backwaters rest. at the end of the boardwalk too (next to Marriott). I would suggest a room on the 5th floor and up, overlooking the pool. You can see the bay ( and dolphins) and the Gulf from your balcony while sipping a cold beverage.

2  Thank ernestokarina

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your warm feedback about our hotel. I am pleased to see that you had a great time staying with us. I will be sure to pass your compliments to our staff, and Chic in particular. Please come back and see us again soon.

Julia Brensel
Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was immediately greeted by valet upon arrival. There were no long lines at check in even though we were there for a convention. The clerks greeted you immediately, checkin was a snap and under a minute. You have a choice of valet at ten dollars per day, or you can park yourself. Parking is just off to the right and a easy walk. Your rooms face the bay and overlook the pool with a large rock waterfall and a tiki bar/restaurant. There is a small snack store with Crispy Creme Donuts, milk, drinks, snacks, etc. There is a nice restaurant indoors, where we had our luncheon and service was great for so many people being served at once. We had garlic chicken and mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, tea, and a raspberry cake for dessert. Everything was delicious and served hot and promptly, with refills on tea within a reasonable time. Very pleased. Thank you to all the servers, you did a great job, as well as the cooks who prepared the wonderful meal. The room was very nice. Upon entering you will notice the cool air conditioning. The beds were made up of feather down comforters and pillows, with a separate flat screen t.v. in the bedroom. Everything looked crisp and clean. I had a double bed suite. There is a separate living room area with a large flat screen tv, couch, mini fridge, wet bar, coffee and tea, and lamps with all working lights! You can close off the living area with a slide door, like plantation shutter types. The carpets were clean and not worn/stained. The bath was set up with plenty of towels and Bath and Body toiletries, with nice warm lighting, and the bath was spotless. They are green, which I like. They ask you to put recycles in one trash and garbage in another. And they only change beds every 3 days of your stay unless you request otherwise. The pool was dark by 9:30 p.m. and everything was shut down so you don't have party noise. I was on the third floor, 307. No lights shining in your eyes at bedtime, which I loved, I really don't like any light peeking thru the curtains. I could close off the living area and not have any light from that area also, I was in pure heaven. And the thing that stood out the most...soft closing doors. So you don't have inconsiderate jerks slamming doors on their way out at 5 a.m. As stated in prior posts, you do have to cross the street to the beach side, but no big deal unless you lazy. I didn't have time to check that out as my trip was for business. But I highly recommend the place.

1  Thank Tracyb433

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your review about our hotel. I am very glad to see that you had a wonderful stay with us. I will definitely pass your comments to our team. Please come back and see us in the nearest future. Best Regards, Julia Brensel, Front Office Manager.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was recently here with my husband who was attending a conference at the hotel. We had a beautiful suite (all suite hotel) on sixth floor, at the end. Bedroom balcony looked out on the bay and the front room window had view of the Gulf. Clean, clean, clean. The pool area is large with lots of nooks and crannies to camp out. Pool side snack bar and alcohol bar (two different buildings). Nice gym with plenty of aerobic equipment. There is also a pooside locker room with showers which really came in handy as the day we checked out, I had a paddle board lesson (next door at the Clearwater Sailing Club), so I was able to come back and get cleaned up there.
There is a bayside boardwalk which leads to a strip mall that has the Columbia restaurant, cafes and retail shops. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were at the end, furthest from the elevator, great views.
1  Thank mnhsrq

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your warm feedback. I am very glad to see that you had a pleasant stay with us. Looks like you took full advantage of what hotel has to offer, and had a great time. Please come back and visit us again! Best Regards, Julia Brensel, Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel has a beautiful lobby. When I walked in it looks like a 4-5 stars hotel.
But when I got to the room I noticed old musky smell room. The hallway, the doors, the balcony are old. The bathroom is also old, especially the tub. The bathroom is tight. The bathroom door is a sliding type because it's too tight for a swing door and there's no lock on the door, so better tell your kid not to open the door while you do your business.
The hotel is not on the beach. If you want to go to the beach; you have to walk across the street on a path by Sheraton hotel.
This hotel has a nice swimming pool with 2 water falls; my kids love the pool.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you providing a feedback about our property. I am sorry to hear that some of your experiences were not as exciting as they were anticipated. I am happy to let you know that there has been a lot of positive changes in the hotel recently. We just completed our balcony project, and almost finished with installing new bathtubs. We are constantly working on improving our hotel. I hope you will come back and see us again. Best Regards, Julia Brensel, Front Office Manager.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Slightly dated otherwise a good property. The staff were very accommodating and attentive to each requests we had, which were all respectfully met. I commend them all. Onuk (supervisor) listened intently to each request and Hendra (one of the valet personnel) was so kind and open to suggestions if you inquire about what's around the area for shopping, restaurants etc.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Did a site visit for a conference and found the property to be outstanding! I thought it would be a problem given that it is on the bay and not beach, but access to the beach was good. The property is well maintained. The pool area and the bay view was outstanding. I saw a lot of dolphins and fish! The boardwalk of shops was good for the family and lower cost dining. All suites was a plus! A little bit of an older property with the small bathrooms and exterior entrances, but you had to go through the lobby to get to rooms. Try the steak in the restaurant! It is outstanding!

Room Tip: All rooms were great!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business