“Another Great Experience”

Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park
Ranked #79 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed for 15 day"s Excellent Staff very clean rooms as well as pool area ,Stayed at same Hotel last year and was very happy with the kindness of office presonal & staff!! Very helpfull, Laundry room is squeaky clean,Very easy to get to all the places & atractions . and also nice & quiet, Thanks for A nother Great vaction & Great hotel! Will be back next October!!!!

Room Tip: Restaurant next store there are A few choices within walking distance..
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel in the areas of cleanliness, customer service and location. We look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

When I was here last May this hotel was a "Homestead Studio Suites." It is being re-branded as an "Extended Stay America." In fact, at the moment one side of their marquis sign says "Extended Stay" and the other side still says "Homewood Studio." The use of the word "suites" is extremely libera. You will not be getting an additional room in your "suite." But you will be getting a kitchenette that includes a fridge, 2 burner electric stovetop, microwave and pots/pans/dishes/glasses/silverware,etc.

This is by no means a luxury or destination resort, and it makes no attempt to try to be one.It is not near any of the attractions or beaches. It is, however, a great value if you plan on being in the Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater area for business. ESA markets itself to people who need a place to stay for a week, a month, or longer because they are working in the area on a temporary basis or need an extended stay and don't want to live in their car.

I have a bit of a bias because I often stay at ESA hotels when I'm traveling alone for business, so I will try to be as objective as possible with my review.

Right now the place is in the middle of an exterior paint job presumably because of the rebranding to Extended Stay, and it looks great. Hopefully there will be enough money in the budget to upgrade some of the rooms. I am in room 161 and the furniture, carpeting and bathroom are a little worn and dated. Also, every ESA that I have stayed has had the hardest beds. C'mon guys, could you at least spring for a pillowtop topper???

On the plus side, the staff is unfailingly friendl., In fact, I have to tip my hat to ESA on this, Every one on their properties that I have stayed at has had courteous and helpful staff. This place is no exception.

Other things that are important (at least to me) is good water pressure in the shower, (which helps take the kinks out from sleeping on the hard bed), free wi-fi, new flat screen LG TV's with free Showtime (I got to watch Homeland) and a free "grab and go" breakfast in the lobby. Coffee, muffins, fruit etc.

When you check in there will be towels in your room. However there is no daily room service so if you go out for the day your room will look exactly like it did when you left.. If you bring your towels to the front desk, as I did yesterday, they will (cheerfully) give you a fresh set.

Best reasons to saty here? It happens to be a great value if you are willing to put up with a little compromise in amenities. Clean, friendly and dependable.

Room Tip: I am staying in a single room (1 queen) but got a chance to see a double room. The room was much lar...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for posting such a thorough and positive review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our fresh look. We are set to update more of our interior in early 2014 as well. Along with the additions of the free WiFi, grab-and-go breakfast, flat panel televisions and the free premium channels, we are excited that we are enhancing our "home away from home" feeling. I am delighted to hear that the customer service provided by our staff was exactly as expected.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for almost two months when we first moved down to the Tampa area and we had a great experience. Sure, it's not as fancy as many of the other extended stay types of hotels in the area, but you can't beat the price and value. Everyone at the front desk was super accommodating, friendly, and professional. When we first arrived, they found out my husband is a vet and they immediately upgraded us to a larger room. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our team for providing you with such excellent service. As well, I appreciate that you saw the value in our "home away from home". We hope your move went smoothly!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This has the basics: clean, fairly comfortable, decent location if you have business in the area, and the small kitchen. There are no frills - but that's what you are paying for - I get it. And, if I'm in the area again for business - I'll stay here.

However, if I'm on vacation with the family, then I'll go elsewhere (having said that, who's staying in this area on vacation anyway? You got the beach about 10 miles away, so there's no real reason to stay here with your family - stay closer to the area's attractions).

There are three reasons why I'd pick another hotel for the family (other than location):
1. All the rooms are exterior (i.e. you can walk right up from the outside directly to the room door rather than going through the interior). I like the added security of interior rooms.

2. I arrived at night and there were a lot of cars in the parking lot (reasonable expectation). However, the next day, during the middle of the day, there were still a lot of cars in the parking lot. So, there must be some people staying here "extendedly", which to me can mean a lot of things - but if these people aren't working and not on vacation - then what ARE they doing? Again, when it come to family, I like simple overnight hotels vs. weekly hotels.

3. The wifey likes her amenities - so that shoots everything else down anyway.

Again, this is a good place for the business traveler, but when it comes to family, I'll choose other options.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are at the rear of the property. There are 3 buildings, the 2 front building are near...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2013

the staff at this location take excellent care of their guests. My kids and wife felt safe while I was at work and Michelle, David Janet and Kennedy were just awesome. Thanks guys Andy Mearns and family

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We loved having you and family here with us.

Once again, the staff and I would like to thank you for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stopped at this Homestead Suites location instead of a little Mom and Pop motel where we usually stay on the recommendation of some friends who stay here often and sing its praises.
After staying for a few nights, I will also be recommending this extended stay hotel to others. The front desk person was friendly and efficient, the room was awesome--fully-equipped kitchen, large storage spaces and a much larger bathroom than most high-end hotels. Add to that a nice pool, and it is the perfect home base for a Florida trip.

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Denise - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our staff provided you with friendly and efficient service. As well, it is great to know that you enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen, and our pool.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I don't travel a lot and had never heard of Homestead Suites. The price was certainly attractive but also caused me to have concerns about cleanliness and available amenities. Those proved to be unfounded as the room was immaculate and everything in the room worked just fine. One area of potential concern: Melissa informed me that they had been having some problems with the wireless internet and it may or may not be available. I didn't bring a computer so this didn't affect me but if I had, it would have been a pretty serious problem (when I bring a computer, it's because I need it). But overall, for my needs on this particular stay, I had absolutely no problems and look forward to staying here again soon.

Room Tip: There are plenty of fast food restaurants nearby but the kitchen is well-equipped. Just buy grocerie...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for posting such a positive review. I am glad to read that you were pleased and surprised with your stay. And you will be happy to know that our Wi-Fi is back up and running full power! The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!