Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park
$168
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$126
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
$215
  • Breakfast included
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$175
$135
  • Beachfront
$421
$325
$239
$173
$187
All reviewspanera breadpull out couchcoffee makerpublixpetersburgfloridaaccommodationspetsmirror
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed 4 weeks, until I could not take it anymore, so I moved to a different hotel chain. Each week when I returned to the room after the cleaning service neither the bathroom of kitchen were cleaned. Each time I had to request a second cleaning. The washer and dryer in the laundry room were almost always out of service. The refrigerator had rust in it. One corner of my room had so much water damage that the floor was starting to collapse. I lost my wallet and went to the office to let them know I was waiting for a new credit card to pay my next week’s charges. The bank at said it would take 4 – 5 days for aq new card to arrive.
The hotel manager “Chris” told me that if I did not pay right now; he would call the police and have me removed from the hotel. At that point I had been in the hotel for over a month and was scheduled to stay for almost two more months. So between the disrespect of the staff and the poor quality of the room, I would not suggest staying with at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations, the washer/dryer were out of order for part of your stay and that you experienced some issues with the staff. First, in regards to your comments, I have spoken with our housekeeping staff and am coaching them on how to properly clean rooms, including giving a the team a checklist to use moving forward. Second, I am sorry to hear that you lost your wallet. While the staff member should have communicated this message to you in a better way, it is company policy to pay for a stay up-front. I will be speaking with our Front Desk Agents about how to handle these types of situations better in the future.

Please know, I am deeply saddened to know that you left our property for another. We would love to have another chance, show you our redoubled efforts, in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Small but it has a workable kitchen and all you need to make a reasonably comfortable stay. The price was right and they seemed full and busy. The night manager was helpful and friendly
and it was a good place to stay for the night.

This is a commercial area and not really conducive to a relaxing stay at the beach as that is still miles away but it was an excellent bargain. Good eating places nearby if you don't intend to use the kitchen facility.

The TV remote was missing its back so I had to tape the batteries in. Just a small annoyance.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oakland1000
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such great feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your viewpoints on the type of amenities we offer and the area we are located in. I feel, it will serve readers of our hotel's reviews, well. Thank you again for taking the time. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed there for three weeks in Feb/March 2013.Great accommodations and very clean rooms. Staff are very accommodating.Easy access to beaches and shopping. A very quiet place to stay.Lonny and Carol Bailey,Sarnia Ontario,Canada.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our clean rooms and accommodating staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

PROS: Beautiful swimming pool with privacy screen and comfortable chairs. The woman in the office was professional and helpful. Many places to eat within walking distance with Panera Bread right next door. A small store and lovely areas to walk are also very close. Quiet, comfortable sleep. Everything you need for your stay with lots of storage. Great location for my business needs in Tampa, St. Pete, Indian Rocks Beach, Largo, and Clearwater. Received an excellent discount price on Priceline for my 8-day stay.

CONS: The room was very clean except for dust under the television when I swiveled it, and some mold on the gasket around the refrigerator. Unable to turn bathroom light on without the fan in conjunction, which I hate. One young family thought it was cute when their daughter Ella wouldn't listen to them, and thought it was okay to yell across the parking lot at her, thinking it was okay to annoy numerous guests when trying to reason with a child too young to reason. Ella was not enchanted, nor were her parents.

Room Tip: Ask to be situated away from smoker's.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your feedback and advice for incoming guests! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Gary bernstein and I have traveled all over the world..I can't tell you how impressed my dog and I are with all aspects of the hotel.

The hotel is convienent, clean and friendly..The staff from the top to bottom is great..

The manager Chris is very kind and patient and has gone out of his way to make me feel like I am at home..Tiffany has gone out of her way to make sure that Buddy and I are very comfortable on all levels..

The front desk with Janet, Michelle, David and others are always smiling and very helpful..The rest of the staff from maintenance to housekeeping are all very good at their jobs..

Any time I need any help of any kind someone is glad to lend a helping hand..

We plan on staying here and I have recommended this spot to others..

You should be very proud of this hotel staff..

Sincerely, Gary bernstein

Room Tip: I would recommend a king size bed and not facing the front
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property! I'm so pleased to hear that you and Buddy are enjoying your time with us. We love having you here and want to make sure that you know we are available to you for anything you may need. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to many more weeks with you, and of course, welcoming you back in the future!