“Congratulations on a marvelous staff”

Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park
Ranked #79 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Gary bernstein and I have traveled all over the world..I can't tell you how impressed my dog and I are with all aspects of the hotel.

The hotel is convienent, clean and friendly..The staff from the top to bottom is great..

The manager Chris is very kind and patient and has gone out of his way to make me feel like I am at home..Tiffany has gone out of her way to make sure that Buddy and I are very comfortable on all levels..

The front desk with Janet, Michelle, David and others are always smiling and very helpful..The rest of the staff from maintenance to housekeeping are all very good at their jobs..

Any time I need any help of any kind someone is glad to lend a helping hand..

We plan on staying here and I have recommended this spot to others..

You should be very proud of this hotel staff..

Sincerely, Gary bernstein

Room Tip: I would recommend a king size bed and not facing the front
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property! I'm so pleased to hear that you and Buddy are enjoying your time with us. We love having you here and want to make sure that you know we are available to you for anything you may need. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to many more weeks with you, and of course, welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We went here a few weeks ago. Usually we go to the same hotel in clearwater but we wanted to try something different. Well, from my experience here, I will never try a different hotel again.

We got there and the lady seemed real nice. She even gave us a upgrade for a low price. She was a little too nice where she seemed like she was being fake. I didn't like that at all.

We went to our rooms with an open mind and as soon as we got in we just frowned. It looked like someone kicked the door, as there were marks all over it. We took two steps in and saw there were stains all over the carpet. And we went to lay down on our beds and there were stains on the comforter and sheets. That just said it all right there.

I will have to say the only good thing about this place was the water pressure. And that's it!

We cancelled our reservation and the guy who was up front (older guy) was nothing but rude. He was on the phone and wouldn't even acknowledge us. As soon as he did he said something to us and then went back to the phone call and we tried to reply and he said rudely, "I'm on the phone not talking to you right now."

I have never been treated like this and will never again. I give this place a 0.5 out of 10! The 0.5 is only because they had good water pressure. CONTINUE LOOKING FOR HOTELS!

• Stayed: January 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, . However, I was disappointed to read that you did not have a good stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies. If you could please contact me at Cberriman@extendedstay.com. I would like to send you a "Be Our Guest" coupon for a complimentary night, so that we can show you we are better than your last experience.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed in Homestead and the other two hotels in this chain for about 6 years. This one is the worst experience I have had. Half of the hotel was awakened by a party of drunks at 3:30 in the morning. The staff on duty refused to address the screaming, door slamming, horn honking, beer can hitting the ground, and other noise. The party continued for two hours, and at no time was anything done. Refused to call the police, and the next morning when the complaints started, the manager became scarce to avoid the issue. I cancelled all of my reservations for 2013 and booked with another hotel chain. No rate adjustment was offered or given even though it was warranted. There are too many choices, and many less expensive ones, in the area to settle for that. They lost a customer here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The noise issues you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I would like to provide you a complimentary night. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at stp@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I booked this place because they accept any type of dog which is wonderful. Outside of a few mishaps in the room, they were basically nice. House/Ground keepers are wonderful. That front office is a joke, they start off being nice and went down hill. We were watched and stared at. We were told to bring our towels up front for clean ones when other people were getting theirs delivered. We were kicked out of WiFi and no one said a word. I called Influx on my own and they knew it was me - at least the room I was in but they fix the problem. When I went to pay weekly the same guy was snarley until the Sunday I left. He tried to wait on people that came in after me. All these nice reviews were obviously not from people of color. If you are a person of color don't come here. They are prejudice and they let you know it. $2,000+/mo and your money still isn't good enough for some people. The BBB will hear about this because I'm sure itwon't appear on the review board. Good Look Florida!

Room Tip: Room near the grill area were nice
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank V H
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I will be addressing your service concerns with our staff to ensure that these service issues do not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at stp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Excellent accomodations! I have been staying at this hotel since August.. Very friendly and helpful staff, Michelle is outstanding! All of the staff here are great. Very clean rooms in an extremely nice area. Managers Chris and Tiffy go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. Nice clean grounds, excellent pool and quiet area..Many nice restaurants and entertainment within short distances. Highly recommended! My home away from home!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for the great review of our property! I am thrilled that you have been enjoying your time with us. We strive to make our guests feel like family and it is so fulfilling to hear that we are succeeding in that endeavor. Thank you again for your choosing us for your lodging needs and for sharing your experience with us. We are always happy to have you!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked thru Priceline got a 35.00 rate which was great. However one of the rooms we needed two beds which you get the message about the up charge after you book. However Janet was very nice and even for the extra 11.20 we got a King and a pullout which worked fine and the rooms were really clean and close to our event...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent hotel Great sevice freindly staff Clean rooms nice bed, all the cooking utencisls you need,Very clean pool , out door gas grill or charcoal grill to cook on in a nice clean area, This was the perfect stay for our vacation stayed 14 days never a problem, I would highly recomend this Hotel, easy to get to all the beaches Theme parks Zoo, Malls & best of all price is reasonable want to thank the Awsome staff for a great comfortible stay !! Gary Oliver & freinds. See you next year!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012