“good price if you just want one bed”

Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park
Ranked #75 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“good price if you just want one bed”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked thru Priceline got a 35.00 rate which was great. However one of the rooms we needed two beds which you get the message about the up charge after you book. However Janet was very nice and even for the extra 11.20 we got a King and a pullout which worked fine and the rooms were really clean and close to our event...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Camden, Maine
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent hotel Great sevice freindly staff Clean rooms nice bed, all the cooking utencisls you need,Very clean pool , out door gas grill or charcoal grill to cook on in a nice clean area, This was the perfect stay for our vacation stayed 14 days never a problem, I would highly recomend this Hotel, easy to get to all the beaches Theme parks Zoo, Malls & best of all price is reasonable want to thank the Awsome staff for a great comfortible stay !! Gary Oliver & freinds. See you next year!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I don't get the negative reviews. I have stay here twice in the past three months and both times I had and excellent experience. My rooms were very clean and everything was in working order. The grounds were well kept and well lit. The staff was vary courteous and friendly. They even called my my room a short time after I checked in to see if everything was OK. I particularly enjoyed taking walks in the corporate park, located across the street, that encompasses a wildlife preserve. I saw birds, bats and gators, oh my! For under $50, you get a clean room, cookware, appliances, and fridge/freezer. A truly exceptional value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. Thank you for commenting on our courteous staff and well-kept grounds. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here in Clearwater. Thank you again for choosing us for your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I booked a week there along with some family members in Juy because the hotel was close to a wedding venue. All I can say is OMG. The parking lot looks like a trailor park. The areas were not keeped clean. We booked two non smoking rooms;the rooms still smell like cigarettes. The fridge and caninets were falling apart. Everything there was disgusting . And where is this pool I did not see. I was afraid to leave my car without supervision. Needless to say we cancelled our reservations. We stayed at Ramada Inn ( great place) in Tampa for the same price we were paying for this junk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Abb67
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead St. Petersburg - Clearwater. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Hudson, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I arrived at the hotel and there is no parking in front of the check-in office!! I got to my room and the first thing that I noticed was that the front door was banged in and all dirty. However, opening the door I found the room to be very clean. A queen studio is small but ok for one person. The bathroom is normal size. I had no problems with the water pressure or it staying hot. The kitchen part was all good. My only complaints are that the bed is not very comfortable and I was awakened at 1:30am with people making noise upstairs and then the maid never turned the alarm clock off from the previous guests and I was again awakened at 5:30am from the alarm. I heard people walking and running aorund upstairs in the late evening, which I was surprised since I am used to hotels having concrete floors upstairs.

The pool was clean but the area around it wasn't, especially the table and chairs area.

I would stay there again, but ask for a room with no one upstairs and I would have to make sure that the alarm isn't on. For the price I paid it was a fair deal. Several restaurants within walking distance. I ate dinner at Beef O'Bradys which was the nicest and largest Beef...I have ever been in. The environment didn't consume theTV with sports. They had nice music playing and the TV sound was left in the bar.

Room Tip: Don't sleep on the 1st floor unless you make sure no one is staying above you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was the first time I have visited Florida. I was confused over where to stay and a recruiter requested I stay at Homestead Studio Suites since it was 0.5 miles away from my job assignment. The staff was very courteous and helpful and even help me get around town to the neccessary placed I had to go.
The room was immaculate and everything was in place. The only downfall is that there wasn't a stove. I prefer baked instead of of fried. Other than that I had a good 2 weeks there and would do it again if I had the chance. I have friends coming to visit in about a month and guess where they are staying.
Homestead Studio Suites ROCK...

Room Tip: End units have less traffic and tend to be more sound.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rico B
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed here for one night at the beginning on June. I got my room off Priceline for $35 a night, and I couldn't be happier. From what I was told the room I got is usually a $50 room, and I would of still paid that. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the pool area was kept up nicely, and the room was very clean. All the rooms here also have full kitchens with a toaster, microwave, fridge, and a stove. They also have wifi, but I didn't use it since I only brought my phone. If you are looking for an affordable to stay that is very clean, this is the hotel for you. And the interstate onramps are just around the block.

Room Tip: If you are using the pool try to get a room in building 1 or 2. If you get building 3 you have to cr...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead St. Petersburg - Clearwater. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.