“Great Hospitality”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Groveland, Florida
“Great Hospitality”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Some members of our 55 Alive Senior Church Group recently stayed at the Residence Inn. The Staff were some of the friendliest, helpful that we have encountered. Rooms were beautiful and comfortable. The kitchen was a huge plus. I can't believe they are talking about renovation. Can't wait to see the changes. This will always be our first choice when we are in Clearwater and are already recommending it to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 55Sheryl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

For me, the service has stood out above all the rest. The hotel is clean and generally in good shape. The employees though have been top notch - from reception to housekeeping. I chose not to have cleaning services my second day but did stop and ask a housekeeper in the hall for towels. She apologize and explained that they were in the dryer. I told her I would call later and left for work. What did I find waiting for me when I returned at days end? Extra towels!! Above and beyond...

Will definitely come back if I'm in town.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Road W
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Clearwater this weekend. The Inn is well kept and the service employees are very nice. Greet you whenever they see you and are pleasant. The breakfast was included quick breakfast scrambled eggs sausage grits biscuit pancakes waffles. Not a bad spread for the money.

The rooms are clean and well kept.

Outside the hotel there is nothing, we found a starbucks (the only one in clearwater) a couple of blocks away that was about it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sinister27
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Every time our son has a swim meet in Clearwater, we stay at this hotel conveniently located, close to everything.
Our suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms was perfect with its kitchen and sofa area.

Since our last visit in February, wifi and the TVs have been upgraded.
Randall at the front desk is the man, always helpful and courteous.
Only a minor issue with the AC which seems to cool more the sofa area than the bedrooms.

Stayed July 2014
East Moline, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hotel is about 3 1/2 miles to beach. Rooms were really nice and very clean. Beds were comfy. Pool was average. No hot tub :( They had a free breakfast which was average for most hotels. Easy to find and get in and out of. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Over all it's a nice hotel. The social hour employee's ruins it. They text and talk on phone while the guest wonder where the food is. This may seem minor but it is part of the residence inn experience. If this would have been my first experience with the chain I may not have considered them for future needs. I will now read reviews before making reservations. I placed a lot of trust in the chain. My mistake. This one is at the very bottom of my experiences.

• Stayed July 2014
Sarah G, Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your comment regarding our property. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. We take great pride in providing quality service to our guests and anything less than this is completely unacceptable. I have spent a great amount of time addressing this social hour issue so that this will not happen again in the future. I hope that you will give us a second chance and come see us again soon. Thank you very much.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2014

When I am in the Tampa area, this is my hotel of choice. It's close proximity to the beach, restaurants and shopping are significant benefits. The staff is always friendly, helpful and cheerful. The rooms are clean and the free breakfast is always nice. Highly recommended - from a frequent business traveler and Marriott Platinum Elite. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevators (it's always a bit noisy).