“My go-to hotel when I visit Florida”

Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, Virginia
“My go-to hotel when I visit Florida”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Since I stayed in Clearwater for some days, I was glad to have a full kitchen in my hotel room. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, and the evening wine/beer and food receptions were top-notch. For comparable prices, I wonder how many hotels offer the extras this hotel does! When I find serendipity, I stick with it, and I will definitely return to the Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Diane,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. I am also really pleased to hear you enjoyed the evening reception.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Sincerely
Emma S

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Johns Creek, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend that had stayed there just a month before my visit. When I checked in it was immediate to me that the front desk wanted to make sure my stay met all my expectations by the way they addressed every detail the hotel had that was available to me from the morning breakfast to the room itself. The experience was relaxing, quiet and close to the beach.All the amenities that were available as a part of the room rate were superb! I will stay there again on my next visit to Clearwater.

Room Tip: Higher Floors with a view to the courtyard are the best for quietness.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joseph D
Sarah G, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Wow, thank you so much for your kind words about our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel during your Spring Break. Our employees pride themselves on our guests satisfaction so I can't wait to share this review with all of them. Thanks again and we can't wait to see you again soon!
East Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This Hotel was great! Close to the life and bustle of Clearwater but not directly in the traffic of Clearwater beach. Quiet, Clean, and ultra friendly staff. Morning Breakfast was always delicious with a large variety to choose from. Would definitely stay again if i wasn't planning on moving to FL next year anyway :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HKoehler
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It makes us so happy to hear that our location worked out perfectly for you during your time in the Clearwater area. We are also thrilled that you were able to join us for our breakfast buffet in the morning. We hope that you will continue staying with us during future visits to the area. Thank you so much.
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Arrived late on 5/1 after driving over 700 miles and was shocked at the condition of the hotel. Marriott has lowered their standards on this hotel. Mold in the bathroom so asked for a different room and the girl at the desk was very nice and showed us several rooms till we found one. The third one was acceptable but we cancelled the next three nights of our stay. In the morning we ate breakfast in the dining room and the rug was badly stained and dirty so couldn't wait to leave. The staff was very nice and made every effort to help us. They did say the hotel was scheduled for an update. But considering the present condition of the hotel they shouldn't wait any longer. Have stayed at wonderful Residence Inns before but would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Asked to see the room before checking in.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TripBuddy278
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I'm so sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I am pleased to announce that our property will be undergoing a complete renovation this month. We received our first new pieces of furniture last week and we are extremely excited about continuing to improve our property. We hope that you will visit us again to check out all of the amazing changes that our hotel is undergoing. Thank you again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place if you don't want to right in the beach mayhem. Staff is AMAZING! They are true pros here. You can honestly never go wrong with a Residence Inn. Most people have vehicles, and parking is available. If you need a cab, I recommend NY taxi and not yellow.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank hospitableme
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It makes us so happy to hear that our location worked out perfectly for you during your time in the area. We hope that you will continue staying with us during future visits to Clearwater. Thank you again so much and see you soon!
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

From the check in to the check out, everything was outstanding.

They serve a light meal Monday thru Wednesday just off the lobby. What a nice touch to keep from having to head out to find a restaurant.

The rooms are ultra clean and comfortable with all the expected amenities.

The breakfast in the morning offered eggs, pancakes, fruit, oatmeal and breads.

Great place.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank robaconk
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property. We are always so happy when our guests are able to enjoy our evening Social Hour and our breakfast buffet. What makes us even happier is hearing our valued guests say that they will return to our property when back in the area. Thank you again so much!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I enjoyed my stay this past weekend. The hotel was busy. We arrived very late on Thursday evening. Check in was easy and very accommodating with giving us a choice of floors. The room temp was set comfortably. Not only was our room very clean, but the breakfast area, lobby and pool were spotless. We were greeted by staff every time one of them passed by. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

Green Features: The room had a sign that let us know they practiced green by encouraging guest to use towels more than once.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Mrep915
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments we truly appreciate them. I was pleased to read your check-in experience was smooth. I am very happy to report that our property will be going through an extensive renovations starting at the end of July. Please come back and visit us to enjoy the new rooms and public areas. Thank you again.