“Excellent Hotel away from the Rowdy crowds”

Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Hotel away from the Rowdy crowds”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Residnece Inn was convenient to all the area attractions but not right in the middle of it all. Rooms and Service were excellent. Clean, nothing fancy, but the kind of place you could stay for an extended length of time with no trouble.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The FD when we arrived was not friendly, maybe he was tired and ready to go home. Gave us keys to a dirty room, now understand my husband has spinal stenosis he has a walker. We run into the room attendant, who was very pleasant, he offered to go get us new keys to a clean room. He walked away and of course those keys did not work on the new room. I want to say 40 minutes had past, I took the keys to the FD and a new crew was on. A very nice guy helped me out and he was actually pleasant and concerned. The room was very clean. The KING bed was more like a queen size and the sofa was worn and was the height for my grand kids that are 5 and 7 yrs old. I would not recommend the hotel, I was not happy and the cost of the room was for what we got not worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you very much for posting your comments on line I truly appreciate all feedback from our guests. I am equally as disappointed to read you were not satisfied with your room and or service. We take a great deal of pride in providing excellent customer service and we clearly failed you. I am very happy to announce we will be going through complete renovations starting at the end of July. I know that does not make up for your recent stay and for that I am truly sorry. I only hope you give us another try in the near future to prove to you we are a great product. Thank you again very much I will be bringing your comments to my staff to discuss measures to strenghten our customer service.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for our trip to Clearwater to see the Phillies in spring training. The hotel is about a 5 min drive to the beach, restaurants, and shops. Brighthouse field is only 10 min away. Parking is free and the service was really great! The hotel is clean and comfortable. We had a king bed suite and really enjoyed the comfy bed, big tv, kitchenette and complimentary coffee and popcorn in our room. The hotel is just far enough from the beach side hotels to be a reasonable price, but so close to everything that you don't miss out. The breakfast was not impressive, but we arrived on the later side so maybe there is more selection earlier. We will def be back next spring training!

1 Thank jmc19
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I was happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel and area. There is a great deal of activities to enjoy during your stay in Clearwater as long as you have transportation. Thank you your comments were very kind.
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two night/3 day weekend and it worked for us! Right in between Clearwater beach and Bright field where the Phillies play. You need a rental car to get around, free parking and free wifi. Rooms are clean and spacious, comfy beds, big tvs and kitchen stuff too. Breakfast is included and it's the best, hot, cold, fruit, waffles, yogurt, etc....you can't beat it. Nice little gym and outside pool.. Nice place, I'd recommend it!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your comments we truly enjoy reading and receiving all feedback from our guests. You are 100% correct you need some kind of transportation to get around the Clearwater area. I was equally pleased to read you enjoyed our property and offerings. Thank you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed while attending dog event. Our room was a one bedroom suite . We found the hotel clean quiet comfortable and well located to beaches and other attractions. For pets there is a park directly behind the hotel. The breakfast was very nice. There is also a gym which we found to be adequate. The staff is professional and accommodating . Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tigger t
I received your comments you posted and wanted to take a moment and thank you. Many people are aware we are a pet friendly hotel and consider them part of the family. We were glad to read you enjoyed your room. I do have to say we will be going through renovations later this year if you are ever in the area again during that time you should come and check out the new look. Thank you again.
Troy, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The staff at the hotel was very friendly, however the room was terrible. The counters in the kitchenette and the bathroom floor upon arrival were not clean, thankfully I keep clorox wipes in my travel bag and was able to clean them myself. The furniture in the room was well worn, and fraying at the corners, there were holes in the plaster walls. The door lock was broken and needed to be replaced. The sofa bed, which needed to be used by a member of our party, was also broken and had unclean bedding on it when opened. When we called and requested new bedding they did not bring any pillows (and we had to call again). They did not clean the room the first day until we requested it, and then they did not replace the towels which were clearly dirty and on the floor - apparently they ran out of clean towels and were only replacing upon request. I will not stay here again. For a Residence Inn i am surprised at the lack of professionalism.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ktravhook
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I wanted to take a moment and thank you very much for posting your comments on line. After reading your comments I too would be very disappointed in this particular room. I have reached out to my Housekeeping and Engineering departments to discuss a make-over for this room. From what I am reading this room clearly needs some serious attention. I am very happy to announce our property will be going through a full renovation starting this July. We only hope if your ever return to the Clearwater area again you give us another chance to prove to you we offer not only exceptional customer service but exceptional rooms. Thank you again.
Amsterdam
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Arriving from Tampa Int Airport it could not be easier to find this hotel. Just follow the 60 and you are there in half an hour. Perfectly situated for Clearwater Beaches, St Petersburg and Tampa. A fine experience – and we were so lucky to be able to see the sun set from a high west facing room. Breakfast is basic and a few more healthy options would have been nice. Also: I’m sure that the carpet in the breakfast room will be replaced one of these days. It’s not in line with the (high) standards.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Yes a straight shot from the airport very easy. You are correct we will be going through renovations later in the year and yes our breakfast area carpet will be getting replace along with the whole buffet look. As a Marriott our breakfast options are always being reviewed we certainly can look into offering more healthy options. Currently we offer oatmeal, yogurts, wheat bagels, multigrain breads and fresh cut fruit. Thank you again we truly appreciate hearing from our guests.