“Look no further This hotel is the best”

Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel is just awesome , from it's close location to the beautiful Clearwater beach ( 4-5 min drive ) and a short 25 minutes drive to get to Tampa . Stayed here for 3 nights ( Oct 11-14 ) .
Everything at this hotel is top notch . Free parking check , free wi-fi & 2 computers for internet check , free breakfast with more then enough options check and fully equipped kitchen also check. It was my second time here and will definetly go back next year to this property for our annual visit to Clearwater. Staff is some of the best I ever seen and are always there to help with anything you need. If you are heading to Clearwater , look no further and book this hotel without any hesitations

thanks again ./

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank vacvman1976

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite in the hotel and everything you need is here. Full Kitchen with all the amenities. What we loved most of all is the staff. We asked at the front desk if anyone rents on the beach chairs and umbrellas and instead they provided everything to us including beach towels, blanket and asked if we needed some toys. Super friendly staff. They also had some social event that we were invited to and they served Burgers, hot dogs, beer and kids beverages. No charge.

The beach is literally 7 mins drive. Public Parking is $10 on weekdays and $15 on weekends all day on the beach. But keep in mind if you want to drive out of the lot during the day it might be really tough finding another spot when you return. I was going to leave back to the hotel to get another book to read but instead saw 3 cars waiting in each row for someone like me to leave.

We have been to many beaches in the world and I can safely say this is in the top five we have visited. We will return again to this wonderful spot.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the 4th floor facing west towards the beach but too far to see any beach.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank zuesssssss
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel based on other reviews and I was not disappoint. About 5 mins in the car from the beach. This was a fantastic hotel. 6 of us stayed in one of the suites. Plenty of room. The room was clean and well furnished. The staff were fantastic and went out of their way to help. Reminded me of a small family run hotel. The only minor criticism I would have is that there was no kettle in the room and the hotel did not let them out. There was a microwave and a coffee maker but had to boil water on the stove to make a cup of tea. Would I stay there again. Most definitely. Thank you for a wonderful stay

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank johnnyb1968
Reviewed October 8, 2013

As a single female that loves to travel, I stay at Residence Inn whenever possible because I have yet to be disappointed. My trip to the Clearwater was not exception and lived up to all my expectations. Clean, safe, comfortable, welcoming. A short distance from Tampa Int and minutes away from the beach. Residence Inn offers a STEEP discount if you stay a minimum of five nights. It was nice returning to the 'comforts of home' after a long day playing on the beach! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bgky318
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

I wanted to take a moment and thank you very much for your posted comments. I always enjoy reading our guests feedback. It was great to read that you were comfortable here, as well as liked our location to certain attractions. Thank you again we look forward seeing you again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here! It seems like a brand new property...super clean and very nicely decorated. Offers a free breakfast, nice pool area, & everything you need for a long (or short) stay. Suites were lovely & more than spacious...plenty of storage, full kitchen, & big bathroom with separate vanity area. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices, always hot & stocked, kept tidy, and very friendly breakfast staff. Front desk staff was very nice and went above & beyond to help with whatever we needed.

The location is good if you don't want to stay at the beach...only a 5-10 minute drive to Clearwater Beach with all it's restaurants & activities. It's also easy access to highways to get into Tampa and beyond. We would definitely stay here again next time we're in the area! Great value!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

I want to take a moment and thank you for posting your comments on line we greatly appreciate any and all feedback from our guests. We often hear from our guests about our location and how they to think it is, just a short drive to the beach area. Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hotel was clean, comfortable and inexpensive. The rooms were large and spacious. I can not say enough about Sara and Belinda at the front desk. Sara was very helpful when I was booking my room. Belinda was friendly, and greeted me with a "Hello" and a smile everytime I past the front desk. Every member of the staff made the guests feel welcome. Melvin in food services was outstanding. He kept the breakfast food fully stocked and warm. He is a real asset to Marriott. His food knowledge goes above and beyond. He even informed me of foods that had gluten in them that I had not realized had gluten (like shredded cheese and yogurt!). I will definetely stay here again!!

One warning: I had to stay on the 1st floor because my travelling companion is afraid of elevators. There are 6 rooms on the first floor, all located in the same hallway. The washing machines rooms for the hotels laundry are located in the same hallway and the knocking sound is VERY loud. They only do laundry in the morning, so if you are up and gone by 9 am it is not an issue. But if you need to sleep between 9am and noon it will be far to loud to sleep. The machine rocking sound vibrates into all the walls of all the rooms in that section of the hotel. I moved my room once hoping it would help and it did not. Also, there is a fire door from the front lobby to that hallway. For a short time during my three day stay that door was closed and you could hear the door opening and closing throughtout that entire hallway. 1st floor is great for easy access to the lobby and parking lot. But I prefer to stay a little higher.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for recognizing our team members it was a great pleasure sharing your kind comments with them. You are correct our house laundry is located on the first floor and at times it can get very noisy. I apologize if this had caused any distraction during your stay with us. We hope if you are ever in the area again you select our property for your choice of lodging.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

exceptional guest services, beautiful property, facilities are extremely clean and tastefully decorated not just a room with a sofa and kitchen access a nice studio setting. Highly recommend. The morning breakfast buffet exceeds what is available in most residential hotels.

Room Tip: if you are seeking value, with a touch of luxury and customer service this is a great place to consi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time and posting a comment on line regarding our hotel. I was extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our property met your needs. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.