“just loved it”

Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Ranked #16 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We only stayed at the hotel for two nights but we loved everything about it and if we ever returned to Clearwater this is where we would stay. Randal at the front desk could not do enough for you and nothing was too much trouble. whenever you thanked him he just said that's what I'm here for
The breakfast was excellent with lots of choice and the breakfast staff were very helpful and friendly.
The rooms were very comfortable and had everything you needed including microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher, the bed was wonderful and would have loved to have taken it home!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations! The staff was very friendly and helpful (we needed dinner recommendations). The room was lovely, a king size in the bedroom, 2 pc bath with separate sink/mirror, living area with pull-out sofa, recliner and desk and the kitchen was nicer than my own! The mattress on the pull-out could have been better, but the regular bed was very comfy. Breakfast was included - a very nice buffet of eggs, sausage, potatoes, french toast, fruit, muffins, bagels, bread and make-your-own waffles. The hotel is close to Clearwater Beach and the Clearwater Marine Museum (Winter, Panama & Hope). Lots of local places to eat close by. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family stayed at this RI for the first time Aug 14-17. I was cheerfully greeted by April and her manager, Sarah. Maybe it was because I had both the Marriott Visa Credit card, was a Rewards member, and they had rooms, we were upgraded to the next larger suite. Unexpected but very welcomed, as it was very nicely furnished. I've stayed at other RI, and the pool is much larger than average. From my experience, I can only say the pool at the RI in Adventura /Miami (also a fantastic RI) was larger.
We were in town for a mix of vacation and business. The drive to Clearwater Beach was short. We weren't willing to pay a lot more to be in the Clearwater Beach area itself. I appreciated the free WIFI throughout the hotel and the computer with printer in the lobby. As well, April gladly faxed documents for me, which I appreciated was complimentary. We decided to visit the famous Sarasota's Siesta Key Beach for one night, about 1 1/2 hrs drive. Amazing beach with very powdery sand.
After the great experience, without hesitation, we decided to return to this RI for 2 more nights. Randall greeted us and offered a room upgrade again. Unexpected and appreciated again. More faxing was gladly accommodated. What more can I say? Great staff at a great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was my second stay here and won't be my last! The staff are friendly and professional. The rooms are nicely appointed and clean. Comfy bed. Short drive to Clearwater Beach. Nice breakfast area. The one bedroom was very spacious. This one will stay on my list of places to stay when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Philip E
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Although I would have liked it to be closer to Clearwater Beach it was really a great surprise to stay here. The service was excellent, the rooms top notch with a full size refrigerator rigerator rigerator, a double burner stove, a dishwasher, microwave and enough cabinet space. The pool area features an area with a gas grill for a quick cook out. Breakfast is above average and with something for everyone.

The location was a little over 3 miles from the beach but if you're up for a morning walk as my wife and I were it shouldn't be a problem with excellent foto ops on the way. You can also rent a bike from Mike just down the street. There is also a small Mexican grocery store is just steps away where you can get pretty much anything.

For the price and service you can't beat it, you could get closer but doubt you'll get better and at a steep price.

Definitely worth staying again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is very clean and the staff is very helpful and professional. The room was a very nice size and the price was very good. The bedding looked new and the room had a nice kitchenette and large flat screen TV.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business