“Florida road trip”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Florida road trip”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My Wife & I have just spent 3 nights here at the end of two week trip around Florida. All we can say is, fantastic rooms, comfortable beds, very very clean and well equipped. Good location only a 10 minute drive to the beach and other venues, nice pool with loungers, fitness room which is clean and equipped with all you need for a bit of fitness on holiday.
Breakfast included which offers a good selection of both hot & cold options and was more than adequate to give you a start to the day. Free WIFI available throughout the hotel and free onsite parking which are all an added bonus.
Check out time is 12.00 noon which is good and we were kindly allowed to keep our room until 13.30 as we did not need to be back at the airport until 15.00 - they did not charge anything for this either which we were very grateful of. Staff very helpful and friendly and we would definitely stay here again if we ever find ourselves in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tozzy1027
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I was please to read we were able to honor a late check-out for you and your wife. It is always nice to hear from our guests regarding our staff and property. Our team is driven by comments both good and bad in order to improve our customer service. Thank you again so much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Maitland, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I read the reviews here before buying and I have to agree with the previous reviews. They are VERY friendly, the rooms are new, very clean, modern, full kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, small stove, sink and cabinets. They have beach chairs, towels, umbrellas, mats, everything you need to go to the beach, at no extra charge. There is a nice clean exercise room as well.

The dining area was a little small so we tried to beat the "rush" hour and get chairs, so that was ok. The cook was very nice, the food was good too (breakfast was included). Everyone went the extra mile to help us and were super nice.

This hotel is only 5-10 minutes from the beach, no walking distance restaurants or shops, but it's only a few minutes away and the staff was helpful printing directions.

We loved having the full kitchen and that's one of the main reasons we decided for this hotel - it helped us save some money on restaurants so we could spend on fun activities - we went to a close by supermarket (Publix) and got some frozen food, fruits, water, etc.

We would definitely come back in the future.

Green Features: This hotel asks you to reuse your towels for a couple of days. This is a normal practice everywhere, so it's pretty standard. There was no light sensors in our unit.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tessyfl
Reviews are so powerful I am glad to read your decision was based off of previous comments. We work very hard here as a team to make sure everyone is happy with their accommodations while staying at our hotel. Marriott offers a great product with spacious rooms, I was happy to read you enjoyed the layout of the room. The beach amenities is something new we are trying to offer our guest limited supplies however goes over well when we have the items available for our guests. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again.
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week while on vacation in Clearwater. We got an awesome deal through Expedia and the hotel and staff exceeded our expectations in every way. I called a couple of times before we arrived to check our reservation and ask a few questions. The staff answering the phone calls were very friendly and each time they ended the phone call very enthusiastically with something like "have a safe trip and we will see you soon!". The room had a kitchen with a full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, and stove. There were plates, bowls, cooking utensils, and pots/pans in the cupboards as well! Breakfast is included, and they had lots to choose from each day. The staff at the front desk are absolutely the most friendly people I have ever met. We asked if they had any extra beach chairs and we ended up leaving that day with not only chairs, but a cooler, a sheet, and an umbrella. They also asked if we needed beach towels! They let us hang onto the beach gear until we were done with it, so we saved a lot of money not having to buy everything and leave it behind. The beach is approx 5-10 min drive, depending on traffic. No restaurants around the hotel, but there are lots of choices along the beach and down the highway the other direction. The front desk staff were able to print directions for restaurants, beaches, and grocery stores in the area when we needed help. They even said they could go and get groceries for us if we wrote down what we wanted on the grocery list! :) We had a wonderful stay and would absolutely stay again!

Room Tip: 2nd floor if you are a pet lover :) Head to the beach early if you want a good parking spot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessa P
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding our property and amenities. I was so please to read that you enjoyed everything about our hotel. I was happy to read we had beach items available for you upon request as these items are limited. Our team takes great pride in what they do, allowing them to enjoy their jobs by interacting with are guests. I cannot wait to pass your kind comments onto the team, thank you again so very much.
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Residence Inn Clearwater for two nights on a business trip this week. I picked this property because it was only a few miles from my work location and close to the beach. The hotel is fairly new, really clean and the rooms are large and spacious. Only one or two restaurants in walking distance but it is a five minute (max) drive across to the beach. There were lots of families and beach goers so I would definitely stay here and save some money over a similar hotel on the beach.

• Stayed June 2013
Birmingham
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We just left today and I couldn't wait to write a review. This place is awesome. Great family atmosphere. Great staff, Great breakfast, Great room. The beach is only minutes from here. We are definitely coming back.

• Stayed June 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family (2 kids, 2 adults) stayed at this property for 3 nights (4 days) and I could not have been happier. I called the night before my arrival and spoke to April. After confirming my reservation, I asked if it would be possible to get an upgrade based on my Marriott Rewards membership and she told me she would definitely try to make that happen. We checked in the next day and April was at the front desk and had upgraded us to a the largest 2 bedroom suite they had!!! 2 Full bedrooms with queen beds, 2 large bathrooms with showers, a large living room with a pull-out couch, full kitchen with all stainless steel and full sized appliances. Fantastic!! There was a managers reception the first nite of our stay that include salad, soup, cheese, crackers, veggies, dips, and desert that we didnt even have to purchase dinner. The second night they had a bar-b-q by the pool, so we didnt have to purchase dinner the second night either. The breakfast buffet was great and there were plenty of choices and several hot items as well as the cold items, pasteries, and cereals. They always had a soda machine operating in the dining area 24/7 and hot coffee/tea 24/7. The pool was great and very clean as well as the lobby areas. The staff went over and above to make our stay great. In particular April, David, and One other young lady at the front desk (cant remember her name). We asked for recommendations to a nice quiet beach and we were directed to a quiet public sailing and fishing area where you could drive your car right onto the beach, park under a palm tree and get right into the water without the giant crowd at the main part of clearwater beach. It was phenomenal and only a few people were there. David gathered some beach chairs, and beach toys for the kids along with a blanket and umbrella for us to use, which saved us a trip to walgreens. No matter what I asked for or when I asked for it, the staff was so friendly and accomodating. The rooms were beyond clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job. I even left a few plates in the sink to clean when we came back from the pool, but they washed them and left them drying on a paper towel for us. I cannot say enough nice things about this property. This has to be the #1 Marriott property I have ever stayed at and when we return to the St Pete/Clearwater area this is the first place I am calling for a reservation.

Room Tip: High floor and if you are a Marriott rewards member ask for an upgrade.
Green Features: The hotel very recently installed thermostats in the room that have motion sensor controls that regulate the temperature when you enter/leave the room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PalmBeachBuckeye
Seven Corners, Virginia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

It has been awhile since I stayed in a hotel this good. This place is top notch from reception area all the way to your suite. Nicely decorated interior in the lobby that has a small food mart stocked with everything you need for quick dinner (including beer) which you can purchase at all hours of the night and day.
Room has a nicely appointed full kitchen with stone top, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, and cooktop. Comfortable bed and large LCD TV that you can spin around and watch either from the dinner table, couch, or king size bed. The only small negative point is that curtains don't block the sun and you're forced to wake up when the sun comes up.
Breakfast is plentiful, but can be hit or miss, especially if you wake up late (after 9am). Usually, there are more people eating than there are tables, but you can use the outside terrace. Make sure that you watch your food, because seagulls will swoop down and steal your breakfast. There's a small pool and plenty of parking on the lot.
The location is pretty close to the beach, but you need a car to get there anyway. I will be sure to stay there again when in town.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors to avoid noise from the road, pool, or laundry
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple