New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Phenomenal Property, staff and ammenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family (2 kids, 2 adults) stayed at this property for 3 nights (4 days) and I could not have been happier. I called the night before my arrival and spoke to April. After confirming my reservation, I asked if it would be possible to get an upgrade based on my Marriott Rewards membership and she told me she would definitely try to make that happen. We checked in the next day and April was at the front desk and had upgraded us to a the largest 2 bedroom suite they had!!! 2 Full bedrooms with queen beds, 2 large bathrooms with showers, a large living room with a pull-out couch, full kitchen with all stainless steel and full sized appliances. Fantastic!! There was a managers reception the first nite of our stay that include salad, soup, cheese, crackers, veggies, dips, and desert that we didnt even have to purchase dinner. The second night they had a bar-b-q by the pool, so we didnt have to purchase dinner the second night either. The breakfast buffet was great and there were plenty of choices and several hot items as well as the cold items, pasteries, and cereals. They always had a soda machine operating in the dining area 24/7 and hot coffee/tea 24/7. The pool was great and very clean as well as the lobby areas. The staff went over and above to make our stay great. In particular April, David, and One other young lady at the front desk (cant remember her name). We asked for recommendations to a nice quiet beach and we were directed to a quiet public sailing and fishing area where you could drive your car right onto the beach, park under a palm tree and get right into the water without the giant crowd at the main part of clearwater beach. It was phenomenal and only a few people were there. David gathered some beach chairs, and beach toys for the kids along with a blanket and umbrella for us to use, which saved us a trip to walgreens. No matter what I asked for or when I asked for it, the staff was so friendly and accomodating. The rooms were beyond clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job. I even left a few plates in the sink to clean when we came back from the pool, but they washed them and left them drying on a paper towel for us. I cannot say enough nice things about this property. This has to be the #1 Marriott property I have ever stayed at and when we return to the St Pete/Clearwater area this is the first place I am calling for a reservation.

Room Tip: High floor and if you are a Marriott rewards member ask for an upgrade.
Green Features: The hotel very recently installed thermostats in the room that have motion sensor controls that regulate the temperature when you enter/leave the room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PalmBeachBuckeye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Seven Corners, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It has been awhile since I stayed in a hotel this good. This place is top notch from reception area all the way to your suite. Nicely decorated interior in the lobby that has a small food mart stocked with everything you need for quick dinner (including beer) which you can purchase at all hours of the night and day.
Room has a nicely appointed full kitchen with stone top, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, and cooktop. Comfortable bed and large LCD TV that you can spin around and watch either from the dinner table, couch, or king size bed. The only small negative point is that curtains don't block the sun and you're forced to wake up when the sun comes up.
Breakfast is plentiful, but can be hit or miss, especially if you wake up late (after 9am). Usually, there are more people eating than there are tables, but you can use the outside terrace. Make sure that you watch your food, because seagulls will swoop down and steal your breakfast. There's a small pool and plenty of parking on the lot.
The location is pretty close to the beach, but you need a car to get there anyway. I will be sure to stay there again when in town.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors to avoid noise from the road, pool, or laundry
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seth J
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

perfect hotel to stay in the area...rooms are great, full size refrigerator and kitchen nice..
breakfasts are okay...will stay at the same hotel if we go again

check traffic before you are heading to clearwater beach area especially holidays...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've stayed at several hotels in the Clearwater Beach area. This is by far the nicest one at an affordable price. Just drive across the causeway and you are at the beach. The bed is fantastic with linens that made me feel like I was on a cruise ship. The kitchenette and bath have granite countertops, a full-size frig, microwave, and two-burner cook-top. You get a seating area with a flat-screen tv that swivels around so you can watch tv in bed also.

Since this was my second time staying at this hotel, I noticed a few maintenance issues. The tub needed to be re-caulked since one corner was showing some mildew. The chair in the seating area needed to be replaced or reupholstered. It looked like a previous guest might have left a wet swimsuit or towel draped over the top of the chair which made the "leather" start to peel. It was a rather large area and was noticeable.

On both of my stays here, I found the front desk staff to be a little "snooty." I did have to wait around for several minutes to check out while another guest was complaining about charges on her bill. It seemed to me that she could have stepped away for a second to ask if all I needed to do was return my keycards.

The staff in the dining room was very hard working and personable. We saw several guests taking a lot of food away from the dining area after they ate, so they were obviously going to have it for lunch or dinner later. That's unfortunate since that left other guests waiting for the items to be refilled. I'm surprised they didn't have a sign up asking guests not to take food out of the dining room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RuthS2203
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn for one night. We were delayed so we didn't arrive until late. The room was lovely and the staff very friendly. It's only a short drive to Clearwater Beach and a much better value than staying on the actual beach. The breakfast was also good. Our room was almost as big as our NYC apartment. Well appointed, too.

Green Features: You have the option to not have fresh towels which I appreciate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I wasn't expecting much (good or bad) of this "extended-stay" hotel near the courthouse downtown when my travel agent booked me for travel. The outside looks like any comparable hotel- location is good for downtown Clearwater and just across the bridge from the beach. I had a studio with a King and it was huge -full kitchen, sitting area, bedroom, bath and closet. I didn't need all of it, but it was nice to have the space. The staff was super accommodating and it looked like they had scheduled "activities" every night; you could buy some alcohol and frozen foods/snacks on site. Overall, a great place for business and wouldn't be bad for a beach vacation if you were looking to save a few bucks.

Room Tip: If you want to cook while you are on your trip, ask for a room with a kitchen.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lori W
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Very clean hotel, 5-6 years old. The service was excellent. Breakfast good. The rooms are big, I recommend the one bedroom suite. Pool is average , no jacuzzi in the pool area. That was the only minus what I find . The internet is good. No restaurant nearby. If I come in Clearwater area , I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013