“Very friendly, heartwarming.”

$77.98*
Winter the Dolphin Tour at Clearwater Beach from Orlando
Ranked #7 of 86 things to do in Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Clearwater Marine Aquarium's mission is to restore and preserve our marine environment. We accomplish our mission through leadership in education, research, and the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of marine life.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Lots of sweet helpful young staff and lots of rescued marine animals including 'Winter' the star of the movie 'A Dolphin's Tale'. beware of the cost of photos they offer on the way in. They told me they were free but they meant taking the pictures, not buying them at the end!

1  Thank happygoingplaces
There are newer reviews for Clearwater Marine Aquarium

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We surprised our daughter coming all the way from BC. What a great experience. It's not your traditional aquarium don't expect a sea world. We loved it. So much education given here. A real blessing to the injured. Winter is an inspiration to so many. Daughter got a chance to touch and feed Nicholas. We were hoping for Hope but she was fussy. They respect and follow the animal and that is so key. Wish we could have afforded the winter experience but $500 is too steep. A great time

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have been a patron and member of the aquarium ever since I was 4. I am currently 17. I had visited the aquarium and gone on a behind the scenes tour the day after Winter was recovered, and got to see her in one of the non-public ICU pools. I guess I could consider myself lucky on that visit, because I knew that she would attract a lot of attention from the media and bring the aquarium into a larger public eye. On a recent visit after the movie Dolphin Tale, I have to say that they seem to be high on their publicity. With all the recent renovations, they have taken out all the recognition stones and plaques from private sponsors in the past. This is truly a shame. I personally contributed 400$ over the course of my life towards this aquarium and its mission, and considering that I really haven't made that much money over the course of that time, that's a large chunk of my charity spending. They seem to have forgotten the ones that helped them pay the bills and continue their operations over the course of time before Dolphin Tale. I love the fact that they have gotten lots more money to go out and help save marine wildlife in the area, but it seems that they have left their humble attitude behind. That aside, the place seems to be doing fine, and they are carrying out their mission like they always have. The place is a little small, and always has been, but that has never bothered me. They were beginning a renovation, which I hope includes more space for rescued marine life. I highly recommend visiting if you have seen the movie Dolphin Tale so you can learn the real story behind Winter and see all the other sea life that they have over there!

1  Thank Hoganator63
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had very high hopes for this aquarium. I figured it's Florida, right? Lots of money, lots of tourism. Surely this will be a big beautiful place. This was not so. The website says $10 admission, but it's really closer to $20 when you get there. It's was terribly small, and outdated. The animal tanks and enclosures were extremely dirty and small. Winter, the dolphin with the missing tail looked absolutely miserable. They did not have his prosthetic tail on so he just floated in one spot at the top. It was absolutely depressing. I would not ever reccommend this place. A very sad experience. Sad and overpriced.

5  Thank SashaHoward
Reviewed March 16, 2014

If you have seen the movie Dolphin Tale, you will really enjoy this aquarium because it is where it was filmed and the movie's star lives there, Winter the dolphin. Otherwise, it is a very small aquarium. I enjoyed seeing how they rescue and rehabilitate marine animals.