“An amazing experience!”

and up
Clearwater Marine Aquarium General Admission
Ranked #18 of 93 things to do in Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Clearwater Marine Aquarium's mission is to restore and preserve our marine environment. We accomplish our mission through leadership in education, research, and the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of marine life.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I were truly amazed with facility. The staff are very knowledgeable and really care about what they are doing. Annie, one of the staff member, made our experience even more memorable when she took time to tell us stories about the animals and about the aquarium. Remember, this is a real working marine hospital. If you want to see fish swimming around in a tank, go somewhere else. If you want to learn and see how this amazing staff puts their whole heart into their work, this is the place. I would recommend this place to everybody, but be prepared if you bring your kids, they may decide they want to be Marine Biologists!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,491)
All reviews
in 264 reviews
"general admission"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family was keen to visit the Aquarium after seeing the movie and we were so thankful to see that is really just a working Animal Rescue facility. The staff were professional, and could answer any question at all. They were kind, helpful and definitely into their work. A great facility that hasn't turned all Hollywood with glitz and glam. Refreshing to see and I hope they stay true to their mandate-- helping marine animals, not maximizing profits which is what we saw with Disney. Good Work CMA!!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My mom, two daughters (ages 7&8), and I had a fun day visiting Winter and learning about the animals and work they do at the hospital. Once we took the tour our visit became more engaging and fun. Lou was a fantastic guide who involved everyone in his presentation. I highly recommend paying the extra and taking the time. The boat ride was quite fun too. The captain was also a good tour guide.

1  Thank Melinda D
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a small aquarium, but it is quite dear to our hearts. The focus is on ecology, marine rescue and rehabilitation. The staff our friendly and very informative. This is a great family destination. We enjoyed a number of hands on exhibits, but above all the emphasis on how important it is that we all care for our environment! My children are young adults now (sorry for the oxymoron). I think this would be an ideal place for families with young children as well.