“We feel so fortunate to have visited this aquarium for a second time.”

Clearwater Marine Aquarium
Book In Advance
More Info
$22.89*
and up
Clearwater Marine Aquarium General Admission
Ranked #8 of 88 things to do in Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Clearwater Marine Aquarium's mission is to restore and preserve our marine environment. We accomplish our mission through leadership in education, research, and the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of marine life.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a small aquarium, but it is quite dear to our hearts. The focus is on ecology, marine rescue and rehabilitation. The staff our friendly and very informative. This is a great family destination. We enjoyed a number of hands on exhibits, but above all the emphasis on how important it is that we all care for our environment! My children are young adults now (sorry for the oxymoron). I think this would be an ideal place for families with young children as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,270)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"gift shop"
in 244 reviews

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The admission price is high, but this place is well worth supporting. The goal here is to share knowledge about oceans and to support rehab and rescue of endangered marine life. The staff is extremely knowledgable making this a first rate experience for kids and curious adults.

3  Thank hankski
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We visited the location where Winter the lead dolphin in Dolphin's Tale lives and paints and performs. My grandson found the dolphin and the other sea creatures there impressive. We all enjoyed seeing the dolphins up so close.

1  Thank butman
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I believe $99. for 4 plus can take guests on different days instead is a great deal for whole year visiting fulltime during hours of operation for a family or 1 person with a lot of friends or both. For us as a family it's cheap. My kids never get tired of it and there are plenty of sitting areas up on the 2nd story overlooking the rescue boats and bay and you can see the road and the bay on other side of road. It's very good for pictures and there's fans up there and Huge Ceramic Lifesize Turtles to take pictures by besides snapping all those pictures with the real ones. They sell Bottled water,soda,etc. They don't bug you if you have your own snacks. They have a walk in theatre to watch the movie air conditioned. And for those complaining about the heat you obviously don't live in a hot climate or a little warmth won't hurt you. The animals are used to these conditions it's were they live. But I've been going there since I was a kid and now take my own there cause I can afford to I like that my money is helping rescue and rehab but I have to admit I have never found it hot in there anywhere. During the dolphin shows before and after there's a lot of chairs all along the whole side to view Winter. Me and my kids go sit on floor on deck overlooking waterway to take a drink break for the view and no one minds your just hanging out. Very laid back. I just had to add my 2 cents after all those false negative comments about Winter's Home.

1  Thank Puppywuppy1