“Clearwater Beach, FL”

DreamView Beachfront Hotel & Resort
Ranked #19 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Great spot for a vacation or business meeting! We did not get signed up in time to stay at the hotel that our meeting was being held in, but was able to stay at the Best Western Sea Wake Beach Restort. It is an older hotel and not as nice as the Sheraton, but the rooms were clean. The person at the desk that evening wasn't very helpful when our plane was delayed for several hours and we were a little late getting to the hotel. They put us in the wrong room (with only 1 bed) and he thought that it should suffice that one of us sleep on the couch or share a bed. The next day, however, all was made right by the manager and the company and we were rarely in our room. The best feature was that there was a beach right outside the back door!! It was fine for the price and in a great location.

Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathymatura
Write a ReviewReviews (2,062)

Reviewed March 18, 2010

Found this place online and reserved a room with 2 beds (travelling with 2 kids) and balcony.
They put me in what basically can be described as a closet with a bathroom (room 222).
Very small, noisy and not really clean.
I complained and the receptionist offered to upgrade me for $20 bucks extra. Whatever. I told him that I was interested and went down to check out the other room. When I came down to the lobby (it took me 2 minutes tops) he informed me that the room was reserved in the mean time and that I was stuck in the original dump, also tried to talk me into believing I had a great deal.
The lobby was littered with flyers when and drunks were all over the bar. I had this bad impression even before I say saw the so called room. I am cutting my stay short.
Do not risk your vacation on this dump. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank chicagoanontheroad02
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Needing a "quiet" room in the middle of the night, we found this hotel. Dave was on duty and promised a lovely quiet room where noone was booked next to us that night! He was so professional and caring ( we had left another hotel due to LOUD partying on either side of our room) and delivered us to Room #501 - a corner room-that was clean, large, most comfortable bed & pillows ever! Loved the colors, the wooden blinds, the balcony and all the other small things that one could want ( safe, frig, microwave, pull out sofa bed) at a reasonable price. There is a restaurant downstairs ( did not eat there tho) and the morning staff were almost as pleasant as Dave ! We left him a small gift as a token of our appreciation! One could walk to Pier 60 area from this hotel - tho it might take 20 min- but nice sidewalks and plenty to see. Pool and beach area out back were great-lots of places to lounge, and soak in the sun while people-watching. There is an IHOP close by for breakfast, and a Walgreens across the street - along with other small shops all around. Parking is free and out front ! Computer is on first floor -and easy to use and print boarding passes etc.. This Best Western was so well managed, staffed, and helpful -there is no fear in telling everyone to try it ! Happy beaching !

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

absolutely wonderful. right on the beach. private beach. great pool, nice people.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We stayed here for one night on 2/28/10. Checking in, there was a wedding going on & the lobby was very noisy. Our room was on the 6th floor. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The balcony view was really nice. However the rooms do need updating. For a one night stay it was fine though. Internet access was good. There is an Italian/pizza restaurant right across the street & the food there was excellent. Also a Surf Shop souvineer store across the street which was very handy. I would have liked to see an indoor pool & hot tub since it can be cold in the winter months in Florida.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week in October of 2009. We found it on the internet and were a little nervous as the pictures do not do this place justice. We thought we would give it a shot as the price was excellent.

With a little apprehension, we opened the door to our room. We were pleasantly surprised. We found the room to be extremely clean, smelled fresh and it looked like it was just re-decorated.

We had 2 dissapointments, one was the hallways, as mentioned in other reviews, were very dated and seemed dirty. The other was the resort fee added to our bill. Having said that, we were extremly satisfied as the value in this hotel was fantastic. The pool and beach area were lovely. The staff were very friendly and accomodating.

Upon our checkout, we reserved the same week for 2010!! We'll see you in October Sea Wake! Thanks for a great holiday.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2010

The location was the best part of this property. My room smelled mildey. It became apparent why when I turned on the air conditioner/heater. Little black balls of dirt were constantly blowing out onto the floor. I woke up at night sneezing and felt like I had something dirty in my nose and throat. My in-laws stayed in a room also and had a worm with legs crawl across their bed. The receptionist offered no room change or discount. The restaraunt on site was closed for supper and the breakfast and lunch was not impressive and they added an 18% gratuity to the check, regardless of how many people where on the check. One of two elevators broke down. It needs to be updated and brought into this century. The location was perfect for shopping and walking to Pier 60.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family