We had read previous reveiws. They had mentioned check is after 3pm. They are correct on that. We came to the hotel at around 1pm. So we drove down the coast as about as far as we could to St. Petersburg Beach.
Many beautiful condo's, homes, hotels along the way. There are also many beach access roads. We came back to the hotel around 5pm to check in. Room was very nice and our balcony faced the main roadway. No problem with the noise. You did have to keep the curtains completely closed at night because of the street lights.
The beach is very small. We opted to drive to the main beach near the pier and also drove down the coast a couple of days and enjoyed the beach at Siesta Key and also at one of the beach access areas after crossing the Sand Key bridge. You are also within walking distance of a nice beach area past Sand Key bridge, which is next to I believe a Hilton or Marriot hotel. Instead of renting beach chairs and umbrellas we went across the street and purchased two sand chairs and small umbrellas and then were able to use them at our leisure. We donated the chairs to the hotel when we left. I think they cost about $12 each.
We also ate at the Gondolier Restaurant across the street. Many people have referred to it as a pizza place. I thought they had many other Italian and Greek selections to chose from, such as calzones, gyros, pastas, sub sandwiches, etc,. Their prices were very resonable. There also is a I-hop just down the street at one of the hotels. The flavored coffees at the gas station down the block were also very good.
The staff at the hotel were very courteous and helpful. I would recommend this hotel. The staff also mentioned that many hotels are being purchased and turned into rental properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DreamView Hotel & Resort, where you are greeted upon arrival with an ambiance of relaxed luxury. Throughout your stay, enjoy a unique experience where the only thing separating DreamView Hotel & Resort from the Gulf is your own private beach! Enjoy the ever changing view of dolphins, sailboats and yachts as you relax on your complimentary private cabana lounge. Once it's time to wind down, rejuvenate in one of our 110 newly remodeled, smoke-free and fully hypoallergenic guestrooms with exclusive pillow-top and/or 14" memory foam mattresses for a great night's rest. Most rooms also have a balcony to enjoy the colorful Florida sunset, and beachside rooms offer a panoramic view of the Gulf of Mexico. Relax and unwind in a beach cabana or kick back in a poolside plush lounger. Should your arrival occur before check-in time, enjoy the luxury and accessibility to our newly-renovated changing room, for the exclusive use of arriving guests, where you may freshen up from your journey and change into resort attire before enjoying the beach cabanas and pool upon your arrival, an amenity on Clearwater Beach uniquely offered only at DreamView. Allow our bell service to secure your luggage or ensure that it is waiting for you in your room once it becomes available. Stop by the 24-hour Fitness Center to get a great workout, or put finishing touches on a presentation in the Business Center. At the Sands Beach Bar & Grill, enjoy in or outdoor dining with our award-winning breakfast, lunch or dinner without leaving the hotel. We also offer In-room dining, with your choice from any of our delicious entrees. Taste the variety of tropical beverages of the Tiki Bar, and sip on one of our signature cocktails in your beach cabana without leaving the sand thanks to our beachside drink service, or swing by the mini-Starbucks or Grab-n-Go Cafe where there's always something tasty to pick up on the go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your DreamView Beachfront Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Clearwater Beach Hotel Clearwater
- Best Western Sea Wake Beach Resort
- Best Western Clearwater
- Clearwater Best Western