Our group of four recently returned from a short trip to Florida, where we stayed two nights at this hotel. Although check-in time is 4 pm, we had hoped that at least one room might be ready for us a bit earlier, but the management stuck to their strict check-in time (a bit rude the second time we asked). Plan ahead to change into shorts/swimwear, or change in the washrooms like we did so you can at least enjoy the pool or beach while waiting for your room. We were finally able to get our room assigned at 4.30 but found out that our internet hotels booking site did not specify a non-smoking oceanview, as we had booked. Lesson: make sure you specify under "special requests" EXACTLY what you want in a room selection. We did get an oceanview which reeked of smoke.
The only food we ate at the hotel was at the outside restaurant where the waitress came back four times to confirm our order, and where we had to send back a coffee cup (lipstick) for a clean one. The outside tables weren't cleaned as quickly as they should be and the seagulls were swooping overhead and cleaning up the leftovers.
Although we were only on the second floor, we had to take the elevators to access our floor as the two stairwells exit to the outside of the building only and our room cards wouldn't work in the exterior doors.
The pool and beach areas are small but adequate for the number of guests at the hotel when we were there. The one meal we had at the hotel restaurant was average. The hotel next door serves great mixed drinks and has entertainment during the day. The restaurant across the street has great food and service.
The hotel is clean, and the maids very thorough. The hotel fronts on an intercoastal waterway, not the Gulf. The view is fine though, with a lot of boat traffic. This is an OK stop-over, or short stay hotel, but I don't think we would have enjoyed more than a few days there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DreamView Hotel & Resort, where you are greeted upon arrival with an ambiance of relaxed luxury. Throughout your stay, enjoy a unique experience where the only thing separating DreamView Hotel & Resort from the Gulf is your own private beach! Enjoy the ever changing view of dolphins, sailboats and yachts as you relax on your complimentary private cabana lounge. Once it's time to wind down, rejuvenate in one of our 110 newly remodeled, smoke-free and fully hypoallergenic guestrooms with exclusive pillow-top and/or 14" memory foam mattresses for a great night's rest. Most rooms also have a balcony to enjoy the colorful Florida sunset, and beachside rooms offer a panoramic view of the Gulf of Mexico. Relax and unwind in a beach cabana or kick back in a poolside plush lounger. Should your arrival occur before check-in time, enjoy the luxury and accessibility to our newly-renovated changing room, for the exclusive use of arriving guests, where you may freshen up from your journey and change into resort attire before enjoying the beach cabanas and pool upon your arrival, an amenity on Clearwater Beach uniquely offered only at DreamView. Allow our bell service to secure your luggage or ensure that it is waiting for you in your room once it becomes available. Stop by the 24-hour Fitness Center to get a great workout, or put finishing touches on a presentation in the Business Center. At the Sands Beach Bar & Grill, enjoy in or outdoor dining with our award-winning breakfast, lunch or dinner without leaving the hotel. We also offer In-room dining, with your choice from any of our delicious entrees. Taste the variety of tropical beverages of the Tiki Bar, and sip on one of our signature cocktails in your beach cabana without leaving the sand thanks to our beachside drink service, or swing by the mini-Starbucks or Grab-n-Go Cafe where there's always something tasty to pick up on the go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your DreamView Beachfront Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Clearwater Beach Hotel Clearwater
- Best Western Sea Wake Beach Resort
- Best Western Clearwater
- Clearwater Best Western