“This hotel should be called RUDE-HAM”

DreamView Beachfront Hotel & Resort
Ranked #18 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Saline
“This hotel should be called RUDE-HAM”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

After waiting ALL DAY for room service to refresh my room, the RUDE DUDE at the service desk finally gave us a different one after a boatload of B.S. and lies. Thanks alot JERK.....Just what I wanted to do ....repack my things and go to another room....we will be staying elsewhere and I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Allmetalkeith
Bruce A, Manager at DreamView Beachfront Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank You for your comments, we are sorry that you had a bad experience at the front desk.
We are always fine tuning the customer service and learning to give the best service possible.Were you able to enjoy a cabana on the beach or have drinks served down on the
cabana on the sand. We will look forward to making this up to you in some way, please call
me direct if you ever have any issues with your stay.

Bruce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This property has three employees that really stood out to me and my team during our conference stay. We were in for our hotel management company's annual general manager's meeting from January 21 to January 24th. We hosted 13 general managers plus or corporate staff and special guests from out of town.
Daniel, our kind host went above and beyond his call of duty to ensure our meetings and events went off without a hitch. He seemed to be extremely busy but never too busy to handle and execute every request we pitched at him. He just seemed like he had too many tasks for anyone person. Daniel went as far as printing a document for me in color at his home because they couldn't locate a color printer on property. Even hearing him volunteer this blew me away, I was very grateful.
I also appreciated the evening bartender that even made a special concoction just for our group. It tasted great may I add. She sacrificed her days off just to make sure that we had the best evening experience possible and I can't express how much that mattered to us all.

Finally, I would like to thank the morning barista Dianna who kept me going every morning. She made the coffee drinks just like any Starbucks barista and she knew exactly what I was talking about when I ordered a Quad Venti. It kept me going and it was critical since I managed and handled the A/V for all the presentations. I had to be on my “A Game” and she made sure of it.

These three hotel staff members exemplify what true hospitality means. They know how to take care of their guests no matter what. Being the Executive Assistant for the conference group, I relied on these three to help me bring home the show. They sure helped me when I needed them most. Because of their selfless acts our little details were accomplished flawlessly.

My room was spectacular; always clean and well stocked. Working with hotels on a regular basis, I tend to notice the aspects that are commonly or not-so-commonly observed. I appreciate the housekeeping staff for being in tune with their responsibilities and managing their details. I was never disappointed with my room.

The only frustration I had was that these three employees seemed ran ragged. These folks may need more assistance to truly maximize their potentials. Yet there was one opportunity missed by the front desk staff. When I looked to the front desk for assistance there was little to be had. One gentleman who I don't remember his name didn't even apologize to me appropriately for missing a luggage rack. He or someone else could have provided me with physical support and they did not. “Here I’ll give you hand with some of those” or “I’ll call around and find the cart for you.” Instead, “Sorry man I can’t find the cart.” Then I heard sorry about every time I walked by the front desk staff that evening. He told me one luggage cart must have been in a room and he didn't know where the other one was. He saw me carry box after heavy box with a limp in my left leg. For some reason my heal hurt badly last week and I could have used that cart. It took me 45 minutes to unload my car. I had all of our presentation materials, A/V equipment, binders, awards, and alike totaling 15 boxes that I lugged all the way to my room. I feel this should be addressed.

Thank you very much for an overall great experience and I hope to have an opportunity to make a personal staycation trip up there soon. Good luck to your team and I appreciate all of the support you provided.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water, they are gorgeous!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chase S
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Day by day, this hotel grew on us. The room was decent, not great, but decent. You, usually, get what you pay for, and we feel we got what we paid for. This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but it is above average, and we feel we got our money's worth. It is an older hotel, that Wyndham acquired, and we would bet that they are not done upgrading the facility. The beach is pretty much a private beach, which is nice for us older, quiet types, but my wife and I did enjoy the outdoor sound system. Nice combo of current Country and 60-80's Rock music. The front desk was very friendly and the service on the beach by Debbie, was outstanding. If you think you should get $250-500 a night type accommodations and service for $150-200 a night, go pay the higher price elsewhere. We will definitely consider returning to this hotel in the future.

Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just stayed here for 2 nights during a brief trip to the Tampa area. Had booked a hotel in Tampa but changed at the last minute to stay on the beach. So glad we did. Got a room on the harbor side and the moment we entered the room we knew it was worth the extra money just for the view. Staff was friendly and helpful. Ashley at the front desk was most accommodating. Although the hotel is older and the bathroom could use an update, the room was clean and comfortable. Since it's the last hotel before the Sand Key bridge, we enjoyed the privacy and intimacy of the location; we may not have felt as enthusiastic if we were looking at the parking lot and commercial strip across the street. All in all, it was an enjoyable mini-vacation and we were reluctant to leave.

Room Tip: Pay the extra fee for harbor view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed there between Christmas and New Year's. It was too cold and rainy to use the beach. We had a room overlooking the bay. The view left a lot to be desired. We had a view of an old barge and a bridge. The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom had plenty of towels. The food in the restaurant was decent. They gave us two coupons for half-off drinks but they could only be used on the most expensive drinks, which were priced so high that they were worthless. We put in a wake up call which we never received. The hotel is in a good location. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We are very sorry that you had issues with the coupons, we now have a Happy Hour
that is from 6:00pm - 8:30 pm in which you get 25% off all drinks. Please come back
and enjoy a drink at sunset on the beach. I would like to extend a special offer, if you call
me directly and guarantee we can make up for any concerns that you have had in the past .

Bruce
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was a great stay at the Wyndham private beach, pool, bar and restaurant. Did not even have to leave the hotel to have a great stay in Clearwater, what a relief from the Midwest weather in January, we just had to leave too soon. Everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make our stay great. Great staff all around, from the front desk, bar and restaurant staff to the cleaning and maintenance personnel. Thanks for a great time.

1 Thank Dana B
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Excellent accommodations. Moderate size hotel---on the beach with a view of the gulf and an inlet with lots of interesting boat traffic. Free parking in a generously-sized parking lot. Outdoor dining by the pool and beach was a real plus.

Room Tip: Ask for beach side and third floor or above for an excellent view