My boyfriend and I stayed at the Wyndham Garden for 4 nights and 5 days during the week. We arrived a few hours before the designated check-in time, but Ashley at the front desk was wonderful and let us check-in anyway. The lobby is nice, but the hallways upstairs are overall kind of dirty and have an odd smell. We went for the King Beachfront room, which was clean and well taken care of.
Most of the staff was wonderful. As previously mentioned, Ashley at the front desk was always quick with a smile and so great when we needed to check in early. She also offered to hold our bags on our last day because we had a late flight.
Venetia was working in the restaurant the one time we were able to eat there, and she was excellent. Great service, really friendly, and never made us feel rushed (even though we were cutting it close to the 2pm cutoff point.)
Will, behind the bar, was absolutely fantastic. Great to talk to, excellent (and STRONG) margaritas, and really wonderful with customer service overall.
A few issues:
The first afternoon, we went down to the restaurant in the hotel and were informed that they would be closing at 2pm Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for "inventory." As that covered the majority of our trip, it was a little off-putting that we wouldn't have restaurant or room service access. Also, those 3 days the hotel was relatively empty, so we strongly, strongly suspect that the real reason had more to do with the cost of keeping the restaurant for those hours. They also don't offer any kind of continental breakfast.
Another thing they don't advertise on the website is the industrial barges in the inlet, swimming distance from the beach. Eventually you get used to it, and I can't blame them for not drawing attention to it on the website, but I definitely felt cheated out of the beautiful views that I was expecting by having an beach front room. Really unpleasant to have to look at all the time, on the beach and from our balcony.
I'm not sure if this is true of all the rooms, but our balcony didn't have a screen on it. The whole reason we chose the beach front room was so we could sleep with the door open and listen to the ocean, but the lack of screen made it difficult. Every morning my boyfriend had to jump out of bed and race against the birds hanging out on our balcony to make sure they didn't fly into our room.
They charge you a $15/day resort fee, which is advertised on their website. I fail to understand what it covers, though. There were bandaids and cigarette butts on the beach that didn't move all week. We spent most of our days lying on the beach in the cabanas, but only one day did the woman working the bar area make an effort to come down and provide the advertised "beach service."
They may not seem like major problems, but it's the little things that make a hotel worth visiting. Overall - Meh. I won't be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DreamView Hotel & Resort, where you are greeted upon arrival with an ambiance of relaxed luxury. Throughout your stay, enjoy a unique experience where the only thing separating DreamView Hotel & Resort from the Gulf is your own private beach! Enjoy the ever changing view of dolphins, sailboats and yachts as you relax on your complimentary private cabana lounge. Once it's time to wind down, rejuvenate in one of our 110 newly remodeled, smoke-free and fully hypoallergenic guestrooms with exclusive pillow-top and/or 14" memory foam mattresses for a great night's rest. Most rooms also have a balcony to enjoy the colorful Florida sunset, and beachside rooms offer a panoramic view of the Gulf of Mexico. Relax and unwind in a beach cabana or kick back in a poolside plush lounger. Should your arrival occur before check-in time, enjoy the luxury and accessibility to our newly-renovated changing room, for the exclusive use of arriving guests, where you may freshen up from your journey and change into resort attire before enjoying the beach cabanas and pool upon your arrival, an amenity on Clearwater Beach uniquely offered only at DreamView. Allow our bell service to secure your luggage or ensure that it is waiting for you in your room once it becomes available. Stop by the 24-hour Fitness Center to get a great workout, or put finishing touches on a presentation in the Business Center. At the Sands Beach Bar & Grill, enjoy in or outdoor dining with our award-winning breakfast, lunch or dinner without leaving the hotel. We also offer In-room dining, with your choice from any of our delicious entrees. Taste the variety of tropical beverages of the Tiki Bar, and sip on one of our signature cocktails in your beach cabana without leaving the sand thanks to our beachside drink service, or swing by the mini-Starbucks or Grab-n-Go Cafe where there's always something tasty to pick up on the go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your DreamView Beachfront Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Clearwater Beach Hotel Clearwater
- Best Western Sea Wake Beach Resort
- Best Western Clearwater
- Clearwater Best Western