I stayed here for a long weekend back in Sept 2011. I will admit that before I was set to stay there, I read all the reviews and was nervous that this was going to be a horrible hotel.. I was wrong.. When my boyfriend and I pulled up to the hotel my first though was "ok.. it looks nice from the outside" and when we went into the lobby we were greeted by ANNE... she was incredible! She got us a beautiful room up on the 5th floor - room 517 to be exact. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS AN OLDER HOTEL THAT WAS BEING REFURBISHED. Our room was very beautiful. Could it have been better? Sure.. maybe just a tad in the bathroom with a brighter light and a better flushing toilet. Loved the bed.. it was so comfy.. I had some great sleep! Other than that, our room was perfect for our trip. The view was outstanding, we had a balcony over looking the pool and we encountered several nice people at the hotel. The pool was like being in bathwater - it was that nice! We ate at the bar a couple of times - just apps.. the best places for dinner - Gondoliers or Shepards. We lost power twice, but that didn't stop us from having a great time. As for the towels? no problem what so ever. Downside? we had a sticking door.. and the refurbishment was going on down on either the 3rd or 4th floor.. Upside? great memories, BEAUTIFUL sunsets and fun place to be. If Mgmt is reading this - pls make sure you REWARD your great team members - ANNE (front desk), HECTOR (cabana) and GREG (bartender) they are wonderful people who like to make your guests feel special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DreamView Hotel & Resort, where you are greeted upon arrival with an ambiance of relaxed luxury. Throughout your stay, enjoy a unique experience where the only thing separating DreamView Hotel & Resort from the Gulf is your own private beach! Enjoy the ever changing view of dolphins, sailboats and yachts as you relax on your complimentary private cabana lounge. Once it's time to wind down, rejuvenate in one of our 110 newly remodeled, smoke-free and fully hypoallergenic guestrooms with exclusive pillow-top and/or 14" memory foam mattresses for a great night's rest. Most rooms also have a balcony to enjoy the colorful Florida sunset, and beachside rooms offer a panoramic view of the Gulf of Mexico. Relax and unwind in a beach cabana or kick back in a poolside plush lounger. Should your arrival occur before check-in time, enjoy the luxury and accessibility to our newly-renovated changing room, for the exclusive use of arriving guests, where you may freshen up from your journey and change into resort attire before enjoying the beach cabanas and pool upon your arrival, an amenity on Clearwater Beach uniquely offered only at DreamView. Allow our bell service to secure your luggage or ensure that it is waiting for you in your room once it becomes available. Stop by the 24-hour Fitness Center to get a great workout, or put finishing touches on a presentation in the Business Center. At the Sands Beach Bar & Grill, enjoy in or outdoor dining with our award-winning breakfast, lunch or dinner without leaving the hotel. We also offer In-room dining, with your choice from any of our delicious entrees. Taste the variety of tropical beverages of the Tiki Bar, and sip on one of our signature cocktails in your beach cabana without leaving the sand thanks to our beachside drink service, or swing by the mini-Starbucks or Grab-n-Go Cafe where there's always something tasty to pick up on the go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your DreamView Beachfront Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Clearwater Beach Hotel Clearwater
- Best Western Sea Wake Beach Resort
- Best Western Clearwater
- Clearwater Best Western