“Nothing to rave about and the smell of cigarette smoke throughtout the restuarant”
Review of Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery - CLOSED

Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went there friday as I had a $30.00 groupon about to expire. As soon as we sat down the smell of cigarette smoke over filled the entire restaurant. I asked you can smoke in here she said no only outside and I was wondering why it smelled so heavily inside, she said that we have an open air bar so the smoke comes inside. By the time I left i smelled so bad like smoke. GROSS!!
We got the appitizer spinach dip with homeade chips, there was nothing homeade about the chips, they were out of the bag. Dinner, my fiance got some chicken over potatoes, he said it was good, I got the chicken sandwhich, good flavor. Not sure if we go back again due the cigarette smoke

• Visited February 2013

Gulfport, Florida
“Food average this time.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was our 2nd visit. I had the Shepard's Pie which came in a good sized stock pot, with about 3" of mashed potatoes & gravy, on top of a mixture of hamburg, carrots & peas. It could have used a little more flavor & the meat mixture was only under the potatoes around the outside edge of the pot & not in the middle. I did bring more than half home.The previous visit I had the lamb stew. I loved it as it had much more flavor. My husband had the fish & chips. The fries were crispy & so was the fish. However, the batter was heavy & greasy. The service was very good, the gals are very young & attractive, thus there were more men there than women. The menu advertized two types of wine that they don't carry, which was a disappointment. Happy hour drinks are two for one.We have been to the Kilt in Tampa & Pittsburg, which both are a little nicer.

• Visited January 2013
“Just a waste of time”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

1st off I've been to TK's, Hooters & WingHouse joints all over Florida & in my estimation this TK's has my lowest chance of returning out of all of them!
My experience was as follows; The server's were non existent as far as taking orders, they seemed to be more interested in sitting at tables w/ "regulars" & chatting then serving food, I saw 3 tables get up & walk out b4 I finally threw up my hands & did the same! There's was a group of 12 people that literally waited 45 w/o even getting a drink order in b4 they all left w/ pissed off faces & stomped away! I for 1 wonder if the owners/ management know just how many potential return customers they lost that night & probably on most nights because their servers look to be more interested in getting their easy tip from regulars instead of earning a tip from a new customer! TK's is now off my radar along w/ most Hooters locations in Florida because quite honestly if your not a regular or if you don't pull up in a Ferrari the girls just don't want to be bothered to do their job!

Largo, Florida, United States
“Great food at the Tilted Kilt”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were here with a large group of people and sat in the patio area. The service was great and the atmosphere allowed us to move around and talk to everyone in our group. The food was great pub food!

• Visited January 2013
“Loud music & so-so food”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We are from Colorado where we have dined at the Tilted Kilt in downtown Denver so thought that we would try the Clearwater TK. We were seated inside & the place was empty since it was going on 2 PM. Service was slow yet there was a lot of wait staff hanging out talking to each other. The food was bearable but nothing to write home about. The music was blaring & I am a rock-n-roll chic & my husband is a guitar player so I can take loud music. Very unhappy with this place & will eat somewhere else during our stay. I feel very sorry for the owner & supervising manager - they have some problem employees. Won't be back!