“My wife's quesadilla was huge and delicious and my hogfish sandwich was outstanding”

Rumba Island Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 696 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife couldn't couldn't eat allof her huge quesadilla. I tried the blackened hogfish sandwich based on my server's recommendation and it did not disappoint. Our server was prompt and friendly. The only negative was that the sandwich was alittle pricey at $13.99 with a side of cole slaw that i didn't eat.

Visited June 2014

Safety Harbot
“Good experience”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We had eaten there years ago when it was Hogfish Grill. Stopped in for lunch after a day at beach. Nice atmosphere (clean, cool, and nice waitstaff). Ordered the seafood platter that included a salad, warm muffins with cinnamon butter, fish skewers, coconut shrimp, fried shrimp, crab cakes, Jamaican greens, cranberry stuffing ( go figure). Wow, a lot of food for less than $20. Everything was good. My wife had the grouper quesadillas and she said they were great. Can't wait to go back to try their other items on the menu. It all looked good.

Columbia, Maryland
“Execellent Food.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The place was really crowded but our wait was only 15 mins. We got seated in 10 mins. The service was excellent. The food was island fare. We got the smoked fish with crab meat on top and asparagus. AMAZING! My children ad the ribs and loved them. The restaurant atmosphere was nice. It had a bunch of palm trees, outdoor bar and island music. We loved it here and would definitely eat here again when we visit Clearwater, FL.

Valrico, Florida
“I LOVED IT!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I sat outside in a cool breeze (fans were provided in addition to mother nature) and relaxed in the shade after spending a few hours at the beach. The wait staff is polite, although busy running around (cute too which is a nice perk). I fell in love with ahi tuna nachos. They are so flipping good that I am making my date this week take me to Rumba for dinner. My friends ordered the rum punch and it was a hit at two-for-one prices. My friend had a pulled chicken salad that we shared and I highly recommend; ask for them to go light on the balsamic vinaigrette though. The other friend ordered a burger and it looked amazing especially with the well done curly fries. Yum! I can't express nothing but joy for this restaurant. I live over an hour away and have every intention of returning. I hope when you find yourself in Clearwater you will stop for lunch or an early dinner to enjoy the relaxing Rumba Island outdoor seating.

• Visited May 2014
Pensacola, Florida, USA
“INCREDIBLY SLOW SERVICE”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Way too slow to get appetizer and entre. Not that busy. Won't return. Recommended by hotel staff, uggh.

1 Thank Mike B