“Dogs Welcomed, Too!”

Ranked #2 of 721 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Even though the restaurant is located on a busy street, it feels like a slice of the beach. 2 for 1 drinks all day and very reasonable food prices. As an added bonus, dogs are welcome, which is so rare, even in outdoor seating areas. The few pooches who were there added a really friendly vibe to an already friendly place. Tons of umbrellas, but spots in full sun if that's what you want. Comfortable seating. The place is bustling enough to feel like you're part of a "happening," yet not loud and you don't have to scream to be heard.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed March 12, 2013

VERY RUDE> After we had waited for our order for a while the hostess seated a party of eight next to us at a table designed for four. This left one of the other party at the end of their table about 6 inches from us. The party of eight did not have a reservation and their whole group had not yet arrived. The party of eight should have been asked to wait for 20 to 30 minutes.

When we complained the hostess offered to bring in a wet table from the outside and seat us in the open air entryway. It was cold outside. We declined and left without our food. This was our first visit to Rumba Bar and Grill and our last.

1  Thank WELOVETOGO
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The atmosphere is lively here and the service is quite good for such a busy busy place. I've been to quite of few restaurants that claim "Island Cuisine", however this place is top notch. I was blown away with the complexity of flavors that the chef creates...all this at run-of-the-mill chain restaurant prices. The crab mac n cheese is absolutely decadent. The rice and shrimp bowl, accompanied with your choice of fish or tempura lobster, and served with fresh veggies and tropical fruit is a carnival to the palate. I'm wary of meatloaf on a menu because nothing usually compares to my Mother's. This was better!!! I let my Mother have a bite of mine and she reluctantly agreed. (I would love to know the seasoning that they used.) The Barbados ribs fell off the bone and the mango BBQ glaze added that perfect little "kick" to them. The Drunken Shrimp appetizer was a bit of a disappointment. It is served sizzling hot on a cast iron skillet. The flavor, again phenomenal; however the shrimp was not cleaned, and the menu does not warn that this is a peel n eat dish! No one should serve HOT shrimp on a piping HOT skillet and expect their guests to pick it up and peel it before eating it. I hope this minor flaw is rectified. It's a good idea to make a reservation, as this place is packed year round. Parking is at a premium during peak hours but they do offer a Valet service.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The atmosphere and complimentary corn bread starter are great. Got the lunch Caribbean shrimp bowl and rumba salad with jerk chicken. Came with two sides which were the crab Mac and cheese and sautéed vegetables. The salad was good. The shrimp bowl was too sweet and overwhelming flavor of citrus zest. The crab was chlorinated tasting in the av and cheese. The Kay lime pie was sour but good.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Rumba has a great happy hour - 2 for 1 well drinks all night! The bartenders are sweethearts and the appetizers are phenomenal. If I lived in Clearwater, I'd be at Rumba every night!