“It's okay”

Ranked #3 of 708 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I live nearby and have been there a few times. The food is not bad or anything but I've never had one of those "wow, what an outstanding meal!" moments when here. I've never really thought it was worth the price.

There are newer reviews for Rumba Island Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stopped in here based on some reviews with a colleague and was very happy. We both got fish (Tuna & Grouper). Very delicious fresh and easy. The crab mac is good, but super rich. You have to try the Tuna Nachos. A good selection of local beers including some Cigar City numbers that I was very happy to see. They have a large outdoor dining area and the inside is set up more like a sports bar on oneside where the tables can still see the area and the TVs. It's a "casual" setting with good food. Our waitress was extremely friendly, helpful, and made our visit top notch.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My friend and I decided on a "fly by the seat of our pants" girls get away.

We had just finished shopping when, while driving elsewhere, I happened to notice the 2 4 1 drinks sign.

We made am immediate right and there we were.

Jessica our bartender was amazing and friendly..be sure to sit with her. She even offered us information on local venues not to be missed and helped us charge our cell phones.

We spent 4 guilty, but relaxed hours there and couldn't get over that the suburban jungle was a stones throw away...because this place is an oasis nestled in suburbia. Be sure to stop...enjoy "libations" it is a heavenly drink.. and be sure to dine.

We stopped for drinks, but ended up sharing the house mixed greens..YUMMY the coconut shrimp and crab Mac and cheese (good, but I would try something else instead).

All in all a superb experience from start to finish- I mentioned we were there for 4 hours, but it could have been ten....AND we will return.

One suggestion- hammocks! :0)

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Atmosphere is good and domestic drafts are cheap. That's the good part. If that's all you are looking for, this is the place to go. Dinner for four was over a hundred bucks for a meal worth half that. My daughters wanted the wedge salad instead of the house salad...which is a dollar more on the menu...and the waiter said sure, for a slight up charge. I was thinking the up charge would be a buck or so, right? No, the bill came with two full priced wedge salads. I asked,and he said yeah, the up charge is the menu price. Hmmm. My daughters steaks were plated wrong (switched), and one was way overdone. Macaroni and cheese, listed on the menu as a regular side, is a separate charge. The waiter definitely just wanted us gone, like he was sick of dealing with customers complaining. I will help him out and never go back.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Ate at this restaurant with friends while I was in town and thought it was good. They had never eaten there either, although they only live about 10 minutes away. It's not near the beach, and in a busy commercial area, but it manages to maintain a beachy feel to it. There is a huge outdoor eating area with umbrella tables, and a thatch-covered bar area outside too that was busy. The indoor restaurant was nice, with lots of booths. We had the calamari and onion straws for appetizers and both were good, with tasty dipping sauces. I had the seafood platter ($18) and it was good too. It came with a fairly good size dinner salad along with two sides. They were also having 2 for 1 drink specials, which never hurts! Overall, a decent seafood restaurant that I would go back to.