“Trip Advisor never fails me”

Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza
Ranked #3 of 725 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Cute little place. Great pizza good prices. Service is quick will definitely go again. Tasting their gelato is a must and the tiramisu was perfect.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Visited Clearwater and found this place by accident. Decided to try the pizza , so glad we did. We ordered a 4 cheese pizza and it came quickly , absolutely fantastic! Fresh basil and lots of cheese including goat cheese. Very good food and reasonable prices and I will return. I also recommended this pizza to all my relatives in the area and also a friend who is visiting Clearwater this week. Very good ice cream to!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just experienced Cristino's coal oven pizza in Clearwater for the first time and I am thanking the good Lord that I LIVE HERE so I can go back to Cristino's again and again and again. I'm not a huge pizza fan, but this is by far the best pizza I've ever had in my life, including the pizza I had in Rome, Italy this past February. Honest-to-goodness this pizza is so fresh, fresh, fresh (I swear the tomatoes from the sauce were still on the vine this morning!) that's it's hard to believe. My hunka-hunka-burnin'-love and I split the 16" large Margheria pizza with tomato sauce, fresh sliced mozzarella, fresh basil and oregano. I had fresh mushrooms and fresh roasted peppers added to my half. Normally I would have eaten two of the four huge slices on my half and taken the rest home. But I wolfed down all four of my pieces and so did hubby. Yes, it's THAT good. The crust...normally the reason I'm not a huge pizza fan...was, well, so good that I'd eat this crust without any toppings on it at all as a bread with a meal. Thin crust...baked in an old-fashioned coal-fired oven. No wonder it's so good! And then our waitress, Sarah, oh what a sneaky little thing she is...she plopped four spoonfuls of fresh gelato in front of us. "Just a little sample," she smiled. Ya right. We're supposed to eat just one teeny spoonful of that made-in-heaven gelato? I don't think so! I ordered half peanut butter and half chocolate (equaling one small cup) and hubby ordered vanilla with dark chocolate pieces. That gelato was also better than all the various servings of gelato I had in Rome. Better, I tell you! I can still taste the creamy goodness. Yikes! This place is dangerous. I want to go there every week for the rest of my life.

2  Thank Aletha444
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Pizza is their signature dish, so order that and nothing else. It is thin crust and cooked in the oven (hence their name). The bruschetta was very tasty-- a whole plate of tomatoes and cheese served with toasted bread rounds. When I finished the server brought two tasting spoons of gelato. Though I was stuffed, I got a gelato to go. YUM! The place is very busy, but tables seem to turn over quickly. They have indoor and outdoor seating. Some of the better food I've eaten in Clearwater Beach area.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We live in Clearwater Beach and we love to go to Christino's every once in a while. They have great pizza, decent pasta e fagioli Napolitan style and fresh basil everywhere. It creates a wonderful aroma throughout the restaurant. On nice days, we like to sit outside on the patio.