“Amazing food.....best Italian food outside of Italy!”

Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza
Ranked #2 of 695 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Essex
“Amazing food.....best Italian food outside of Italy!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband it Italian and we have eaten at a fair amount of Italian restaurants in our time. This place was simply amazing. The food was so authentic. We had calamari with marinara sauce to start and the melanzane parmigiana (aubergines) to start was beautiful. Especially the melanzane parmigiana. For main my husband and I and my two daughters shared a pizza and had Margareta on one half for my daughters and meats on the other for ourselves. The pizzas too were gorgeous. Very light not heavy and doughy. This was followed by authentic Italian icecream which was available in 12 lovely flavours and my husband had the cream filled canneloni. We wanted to go back here for dinner too it was that good but was our last day in clear water before having to head back to Kissimmee for the remainder if our holiday. If you are in the area this is possibly one of the best places you will eat at,

1 Thank Nelli8

Tampa, Florida
“Recommended by an Italian”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We came here on a long-standing recommendation by a local Italian friend and we were not disappointed. Calamari was crisp and the accompanying marinara was tangy and perfect - but there wasn't enough for the amount of calamari. The grilled veggie appetizer was a very nice appetizer: thinly sliced squashes, eggplant, and mushrooms which were grilled and placed atop some baby greens and topped with a balsalmic glaze. The margherita pizza was extra special with *fresh* garlic - really fresh - which added a delicious touch. The only negative about the pizza was that although the top of the pizza was nicely cooked and had a great crunch, the underside of the crust was a bit soggy. I'd hate to blame this on the sauce, because the sauce is delicious. Rewarming the leftovers the next day, the crust stood out as robust and delicious, but the bottom of the pie was soggy. That said, i'm really looking forward to going back because this was a delicious experience.

1 Thank book_nerd_13
Tampa, FL
“The reviews are correct!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I live about 15 miles away from this place and I decided to try it based on the past reviews. Passing approximately 25 other pizza places on the way to Cristino's was no problem, since I had high hopes for the pizza at this place.

I ordered the margurita pizza and it was awesome. Perfect crust, with just the right amount of toppings. For this area, this pizza rocks. I have to agree with the other reviewers, give this place a try.

FYI, we arrived at 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon, and it was just starting to get packed when we were leaving.

Wait staff was excellent, and knowledgable as well. You won't regret driving the distance to check out the pizza at Cristino's.

1 Thank FLgemgirl
Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overall great experience”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We had the Cristino and caesar salads for appetizer and couple of the Margherita pizza for dinner and ended up with 3 different king of gelato.
Food, atmosphere and service were all really good.
Highly recommend the place.

Visited August 2013
Escanaba, Michigan
“Great pizza and atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hostess and waitress were very friendly. The pizza was delicious! The atmosphere in the restaurant was great. Prices were reasonable. We would definitely return to this restaurant in the future.

Visited July 2013