“Authentic Italian experience”

Ranked #3 of 725 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked for a Tuesday night with another family and, arriving early, found the place absolutely humming. A stone's throw from the historic Harbor Oaks development, Cristino's has charm aplenty, but by far and away the most compelling features of this outstanding dining choice were the exceptionally good food - pizzas and gelati were out of this world, served with friendly efficiency - and the very reasonable prices. A must for visitors to Clearwater.

1  Thank Matthew C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am a big fan of Coal Oven Pizza. And Cristino's delivered the goods. For the unitiated, the coal fired pizza is quite similar to the wood oven pizzas you see in Italy. It comes out with a deliciously thin, yet firm, crust which is nice and crispy. That's what we enjoyed at Cristino's. Their toppings -- sauce, cheese, and basil (we had the Margahreta) were obviously made with fresh, high quality ingredients. It was a truly superb pizza.

It was so good it lends comparison to another great coal-fired pizza chain: Grimaldi's. While Grimaldi's might have had a slightly better crust, the Cristino's pizza seemed to have better toppings. I'd say both are a 9.99 out of 10.

Cristino's also has great subs and salads. Their platters looked good and I wish I had the chance to try one. We ate there twice on our vacation. In one of my greatest eating feats, I ate four delicious slices of pizza and a delicious meatball sub.

2  Thank Cheesesteak_Al
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Always great pizza, subs, and full meals . We visit about once every couple of months. Smsal inside, bit they hsve s nice coveted patio, we prefer inside. Enjoy

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We went with a party of 9 for dinner and we all loved it! The pizza was delicious and we also had salads and Chicken Parmesan that was a huge portion and delicious as well. We were given samples of their chocolate hazelnut and key lime gelato at the end. Our waitress was so friendly and brought my son more of the chocolate when she heard how much he loved it. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice little place! If you want a non tourist trap restaurant in clearwater- this is a great choice. I was a little confused when I opened the menu & the pizza portion of the menu was extremly small- I should have ordered pizza but ordered a salmon pasta dish- it was good but my husbands pizza was excellent. They really need to cut back on all their pasta dishes & focus on more pizza options. It's a thin crust italian style pizza- almost as good as what we had in Italy a couple years ago!
The gelato was very yummy as well with lots of options for mixing! We highly recommend this quaint little place!
Oh- & the bruschetta was very good & fresh tasting!