“Number 1 for a reason”

Ranked #4 of 750 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Best pizza we have eaten in years. Servers were prompt and courtous and always helped each other out. There was a short wait, although is was fun because we got to watch the pizza's being made and the staff darting about gracfully in the tight quarters. Perfection is an art at Cristiono's and it really showed in the perfectly cooked pepperoni pizza. The sauce is on top of the cheese for those who are looking at the pics. Each pizza is garnished with fresh whole leaf basil after is leaves the huge coal fired oven. Nice touch, and delicious. The cesar salad had the best freshly grated parmesan chesse. Great food, great service and unique atmosphere are packed into the hidaway in Clearwater. Indoor and out door seating. enJOY.

1  Thank TNtraveler1998
Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Spring break in Florida, 58 degrees, very windy....one long day in a car...put our names is several restaurants, very long waits...then we walked into Cristino's. What a great find this place was!!!
Friendly, authentic Italian and delicious. We had pizza, seafood pasta, and salads. Everything was perfect. The service was excellent. Homemade gelato to top it off!! Couldn't be better!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

While vacationing in Clearwater Beach Florida we happened upon this great family neighborhood restaurant. Just over the bridge from Clearwater beach, it's definitely worth the five minute ride from the island. For an appetizer my wife and I split the Eggplant Rollatini ($7.99). Three pieces was too much for one person. Split with another person- just right. And, it was delicious. I must say, my mother was Italian and a great cook - so I'm kind of particular. But these were fantastic. I had the special- Linguini with clams in a white wine sauce. Fantastic! Sixteen tender baby clams in a light sauce with roasted garlic and perfectly cooked pasta ($13.99).
My wife had the "12 Personal" size pizza. Enough for two non-teenaged appetite sized adults. She had the "Margherita Di Lusso" with tomato sauce, homemade mozzarela, fresh sliced tomatoes, feesh basil, and oregano" - she added Fresh roasted pepers($11.49) Absolutely delicious!!!
For desert we had the home made Bacio (chocolate hazelnut) Gelato ($3.50).
Total bill with 2 coffee and one Pepsi -$53.28. I've paid twice as much for a meal not even half as good as this was.
Located in a nice residential professional office area.

1  Thank sobrietycoach
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had read many reviews of this place prior to my trip. My wife and I stopped by on a Saturday night. We had a table on the outside patio which was great. The staff was one of the best I have encountered in a pizzeria...but then, as I found it, it's not just a pizzeria. Despite the fine menu, we opted for the large pizza with added toppings. Excellent pizza to say the least. The coal oven really does make a difference. The crust was great and the sauce was perfect (I hate when you get a pizza where the sauce is so sweet. This sauce tasted like tomatoes and that's it) The large easily was enough for the two of us (though I had to eat 5 slices while my wife ate 3). If there is one criticism, it is that there really is not enough parking for this place. I did find that, if it's after 5 PM, there is a doctor's office right behind the place where you can park without worry of being towed.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I thought the pizza was excellent. This is true italian style cooking. If you have kids that are expecting american style pizza this is not a place they will like. This is more for adults but its great!

And go for the gelato its amazing!