“Two Visits in One Week!”

Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza
Ranked #2 of 707 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I sought out this restaurant while in Clearwater for a week to catch some Spring Training games. We went the first time based on Trip Advisor reviews. A trip worth making. We had pasta (me pasta Bolognese and my husband Veal Parm) which was very reasonably priced and satisfyingly delicious. The second trip was to try the pizza everyone seemed to be enjoying. Awesome. We had pepperoni and there was lots of it! That seemed to be the case with every pizza we caught sight of--lots of toppings. On both visits this small establishment was very crowded and the noise level was quite high. That didn't take away from an enjoyable meal at very reasonable prices. The staff was well trained and pleasant. We'll go back again next March for sure. We'd go sooner if we didn't live three hours away.

There are newer reviews for Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

It is definitely worth the number on standing. The service was quick and the server was nice. The pizza was the most mouthwatering slice of pie I had in years. All the ingredients were so fresh. My husband and I split the Quattro formaggio. The tanginess and creaminess were a perfect pairing. The server gave us
a sample of the chocolate hazelnut gelato. How refreshing. I only had two regrets being so stuffed that I had to leave two slices on the pan and not getting the chocolate hazelnut gelato.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Really good pizza! Really awesome atmosphere. Nice staff. We had pizza and strawberry gelato that wad amazing....Overall a really great experience!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

While this restaurant is very busy, the staff seemed to keep those waiting for a table updated on on the wait time. Pizza is amazing. One of the best I've ever ate. This is a must do when at the beach. Go for a late lunch. I went with a party of six plus an infant in a high chair and we were comfortably seated within minutes.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Seating is rather limited inside. Outside there are heaters in a plastic curtain shielded room but still gets a little chilly in the winter. Summer is fine outside. As for the food, it is wonderful! Salads are not just iceberg lettuce but rather several types. The Cristino salad is highly recommended. Pizza's are out of this world. Baked in a coal fired over they have a crispy thin crust and a lot of flavor. You can design your own. Other dishes are excellent. We have had the Ravioli and it's is very good. Service is excellent but a little frantic as this place is very popular. Servers are rushing around. For desert don't pass up their own Gelato. Yuummm! That said, be prepared to wait around 15 mins. or so for a table. There is no bar so just put your name on the list and wait. You won't be disappointed.