“Authentic Italian and amazing pizza!”

Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza
Ranked #2 of 695 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Fort Myers, Florida
“Authentic Italian and amazing pizza!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This restaurant was very authentic Italian - small old fashioned building and Italian music playing.....reminded me a little of New York City. Nice outdoor patio but it was too chilly the day we went. Sarah our waitress was very helpful with the menu! The margherita pizza is their regular/plain pizza. I had the Margherita Di Lusso which had the tomatoes slices on it. My husband had bacon and onion on his. All pizzas are made with homemade mozzarella and topped with fresh basil. The fresh mozzarella was creamy and cheesy...not like other pizzas. They make the pizza with the sauce on top of the cheese but it didn't take away the flavor. The crust was very thin and crispy. The crust on the ends was soft and puffy.....reminded me a little of fried dough at a carnival/fair. Sarah offered us some free samples of their award winning homemade gelato. I highly recommend it! I had the Bacio (chocolate hazelnut) and my husband had the Stracciatella (vanilla with dark chocolate chunks). The "small" for $3.50 was a fairly large portion compared to other places that sell gelato. We had two personal pizzas, 2 sodas and 2 gelatos and our bill was $39.00. Luckily, the food and service were outstanding and we even had some leftover pizza to bring back with us. The bathrooms are very clean and I always say a clean bathroom means a clean kitchen! I can't wait to visit again and bring some new customers with me.

• Visited December 2012

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Loved it! Great food and service!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We loved Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza in Clearwater! We sat in the outdoor patio area and had a great time - excellent food, wonderful service, and tasty desserts! A meal here is not too expensive, either.

• Visited December 2012
“Ummmmm”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Ummm is what we all were humming while eating the Quattro Formaggi pizza! Great place to take the family with a wonderful patio to enjoy the fresh air. Staff is friendly and great with anticipating needs-like your next fresh drink :)

Visited December 2012
“Great Thin Crust Pizza”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Cristino's has great thin pizza--it doesn't matter which toppings you order as the crust and sauce are very good across the board. Their salad are large and can be split. The servers always bring a couple samples of their excellent gelato for desert.

Visited November 2012
“HIt or Miss”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This coal fired pizza restaurant was a real hit when it first opened. The pizza was authentic and very good. I have frequented it numerous times over the past two years and of recent have found the quality of the pizza inconsistent. I have also tried other menu items, and generally speaking I suggest that you stick with the Pizza and possible the gelato for dessert

Visited November 2012