“Great Place!”

Parker Manor Resort
Reviewed February 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon almost 2 summers ago and I would love to go back. We stayed in a deluxe one bedroom apartment which was extremely well priced at $90 a night (in 2008). The resort is down a quiet street away from the main road (which was great cause there was a lot of construction going on at that time in Clearwater) The apartment was very clean and homey, and the king size bed was very comfortable. Right outside our door was a small pool and grilling area. Needless to say if we ever do make it back to Clearwater, Parker Manor will be our first choice!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anhunt617

Reviewed February 9, 2010

I spent five days with friends at Parker Manor. The staff is so gracious and friendly. The facility is beautiful and clean with many amenities. The rooms were great! The location is perfect for Clearwater Beach. I had a GREAT time! I will be back for SURE!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chicagotraveler64
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Not the most luxurious place we ever stayed, but the owners, the location and the facilities made our stay one great time! Will def rtn in the future. PLEASE don't sell off like so many other [props in CB, The Parker Manor is a reason to go to CB!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I absolutely love coming to Parker Manor every year! I come with my family and even bring a friend or my boyfriend just to show how much i love this place! it is so cozy and clean and BEAUTIFUL location! I love being able to jump in the pool, and to be able to go fishing and to play shuffleboard at any time i would like! The pool is fantastic and also the pool table is always a great thing to play whenever. The owners Dawn and Bud are always there whenever you need anything and they are close family friends our ours! Since i went away for college this year i was so sad that i could not come with my famiy, so i made sure this past summer i went for another great trip of paradise! Parker Manor is my home away from home and i love every second spent there!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We came down to C'water for July 4. Everywhere was booked, and we didn't know if we would ever find a place!

We called all the C'water motels top-rated on Trip Advisor first, and not only were many booked, but the owners were rude, too.

We called Parker Manor Resort, and a friendly Dawn answered the phone - and they had a cancellation! We took it - best thing we ever did.

The rates were extremely competitive - we got an actual 1 bdrm apartment, which fit our kids in the living room, w/ an awesome kitchen, for just at a hundred dollars!!!

There was a small pool outside our apt - I could sit in a chair at the doorway, have 1 kid in the little pool 5 ft from me, and have another in the apt, 5 ft from me!

We looooved that little pool The big one is right on the bay - absolutely beautiful views. There is a common area of toys and 'stuff' - there are even umbrellas and chairs to share and take to the beach w/ you. The beach was just a few steps away.

We ate dinner outdoors every night. No need to eat indoors, although you could. There are grills everywhere. There are thatch-covered or umbrella-covered picnic tables everywhere, too. You can eat one night by the pool while you swim, or out on the water another night. We just moved around tables/scenery!

They turn on garden lights at night, all around the palm trees and pool! We loved that part!

There are communal books and movies for you.

Bud and Dawn, the owners, were extremely friendly. They live off-site but spend their time there - they've managed to find that balance where they can care for the place perfectly while giving guests their space - other places haven't figured out how to do that! The housekeeper played with our kids every morning.

Speaking of other places, we walked/drove by the ones highly rated on here, and were shocked. I wouldn't stay at any of those Top 10 places. None! Although, the Sea Captain place did look cute, and did have a secluded pool (not like PMR, though!). That place was mostly fishing-themed -- if you're huge into fishing, and traveling there for that purpose, I would recommend SeaC. For all other visits, though, PMR beats those top 10 places easily.

The other places I thought I'd love since they were historic and old-school. However, they just looked cheap and trashy, and the pools were always right ON the street! You'd by lying there, absorbing the heat of the asphalt around you, with the cars driving by staring at you. Parker Manor Resort is the only one that is non-chain AND has a pool that is OFF the street.

If you want a place that is completely affordable, non-chain, is better than the top 10 on here, has a pool OFF the street/asphalt, has HUGE units, has friendly owners, has places to eat outdoors in the shade w/ views, cool grounds, on water (oh - with cushiony lounge chairs, you can watch the water and birds forever lying down), etc etc etc -- the only place to go is Parker Manor Resort!

((We had a 1 bdrm that faced out to a pool. We were lucky. I did see 1 or 2 units that go out to the street. Also, some go out to the underneath part of the resort. I would ask, if you're given time in advance, for a unit that faces the pool or the water. I believe the 2 bdrms all go straight out to the water. Make sure you get one that faces out to the pool or water!))

Don't go elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank rpiece
Reviewed May 7, 2008

Parker Manor is a small hotel nestled in the heart of Clearwater Beach, a very short walk from the public beach, bars and restaurants of Clearwater. The proprietors are truly interested in the satisfaction of guests, and provide an excellent facility with lots of little extra touches that show they care. From a well appointed kitchenette in each suite to Full sized Pool towels that are plentiful and laundered daily.

We stayed in two rooms (grandparents, mom and dad and 2 little ones) and both were very clean and well appointed - leather furniture kept sand from being a problem as we tromped back and forth from the beaches, for example. There were toys (such as pool noodles and diving sticks) provided for the children at the pool, and a playhouse and other entertainment when they weren't playing there.

Private areas for fishing, along with full kit were just outside our rooms, as well as plenty of loungers and beach chairs and tables. Each room also had a small table and chairs in the courtyard for those who wanted to enjoy the night air or simply smell the sea air (or smoke, for those who were so inclined. This was NOT the prevailing/dominant feature, however)

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank thehiggi