“Waterfront restaurant”

Backwater's on Sand Key
Ranked #30 of 719 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Armenian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Backwaters on Sand Key serves exceptional steaks, fresh local seafood and sandwiches on the waterfront. Locals hangout for food and drinks for 18 years. Beautiful views and friendly service. Full bar and lounge. Lunch or Dinner. Happy Hour 2 to 7 PM
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great to sit out overlooking the bay, good food and huge portions! Friendly, attentive service. Good value too.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Drove 2.5hrs to try this seafood restaurant in clearwater. Took my wife there for her birthday. The place and the food was OK. I expected more for what I have read on the reviews people have written.

1  Thank ton4yG
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Try anything and everything!! I had the special - snapper with a spicy sauce - couldn't have been any better in a 4-star restaurant! Have eaten here on every trip to Sand Key and always try something new - of course the fired shrimp is still my favorite appetizer - starts the meal off so well! Great staff as well!!

2  Thank Debbie0791
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This place is fantastic! They make the best bread pudding, but only on Tuesdays....we had our waiter bring a piece of this to our hotel on Tuesday....he went above and beyond for us! Great food and staff...we will always to here for a meal when we go to Clearwater again!

1  Thank Connie S
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I ate here on a recent trip and thought it was great. The fish was cooked perfectly and the side dishes were delicious. My only complaint is that I wasn't a huge fan of their wine selection -- next time I will stick to their drink specials!

1  Thank bellson88