“Brilliant, Stunning, Elaborate, My Words cannot describe enough! :)”

Caretta on the Gulf
Reserve with OpenTable
Caretta on the Gulf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 717 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Baymont Street
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Absolutely exquisite! My experiences each time have been on par with many meals in the moonlight in Paris with my hubby! We have frequented this place every time we have came to Clearwater since it's opening, been to Caretta's five times. The restaurant has such a wonderful ambiance, and the food, well, It is to die for. Of course with a place like this the prices are going to be quite expensive, but for a special night out, it was great! I had the Florida Grouper, I believe it was Pan Seared, and my hubby had the bone in steak. We topped this off with appetizers, desserts, and a bottle of wine. Our bill was well over $100, but definitely worth it. We plan on coming back here every single time we are in Clearwater, even if it's only for business. I definitley reccommend this place! :)

Reviewed July 17, 2010

We had high expectations- very nice place with great service, cool bar. The menu looked interesting, but we were disappointed with the quality. The bread was good and the sushi was ok, but the lobster was rubbery and the halibut was flavorless. The service was great and atmosphere excellent, but food quality was poor, especially for the price.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

We kept our pool wear on with cover ups and had a very romantic breakfast on the patio. Views overlook the Gulf directly. We even saw some doplhins. We had the breakfast omlettes. Gourmet breakfast ( even the grits were gourmet). Sandpearl is all about hospitality and catering to their guest and Caretta's maintained that standard.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

Service was great and the views nice. Convenient if you're staying at the Sandpearl. But the selection on the was rather lame, I thought, considering it's a "nice" restaurant. Grouper tacos and an ice tea cost me over $20 - definitely not worth the price. But my overall experience was pleasant.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

We had excellent service at Caretta's - in fact, we asked for our same waiter, Zennie, when we returned. The food was, to our surprise, five-star cuisine. The best part was the chef's wine pairing dinner. Absolutely exquisite! The atmosphere is very pleasant - trendy, quiet, romantic. There is a large sushi bar for those who enjoy that.

We liked the service and Chef's Wine Pairing Dinner the best. There was not anything that we disliked about this restaurant.