“Great location and service”

Caretta on the Gulf
Reserve with OpenTable
Caretta on the Gulf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 713 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Baymont Street
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Considering we had one night in Clearwater we really wanted to make the most of it and this was our choice.

Our concierge recommended it as fine dining with a view and we were not disappointed.

Service was excellent as was the food and the kids enjoyed the offerings that were presented to them, including the now almost obligatory mocktails ;-)

Well worth a try and more family friendly that we thought as we walked in.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Beautiful views. The vegetarian option wasn't great, but I've had worse. The memory that sticks out most in my mind is my drink. I appreciate a well-poured drink, but this cocktail was so strong I couldn't drink it. It was unpalatable.

1  Thank Kate J
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Dined here recently during our stay at the Sandpearl Resort. Had a table overlooking the Gulf. Can't remember our server's name ( I'm thinking Todd ??? ), but he provided great suggestions with food and wine, and added great conversation also. Service was excellent. The food here blew us away. We could not believe how good it was. Appetizers of carpaccio and sea scallops, entree items were lamb chops and short ribs with shrimp, fabulous dessert. A scotch after, just a perfect dining experience. Every course was presented bueatifully .Looking forward to the next time. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Incredible view, wait staff and food!! Great place for a romantic meal. The Pad Thai was the best I have ever eaten. Though we did not get a dessert the chef gave complimentary Truffles that ended a perfect meal with a slight sweet touch.

1  Thank KLHodge
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great setting at Sandpearl resort and we had great service....the chef even came out and spoke with us... that's the good news... I have to say the food was sub par almost poor.... We were shocked it tasted so bad!!! short ribs had no flavor and Tomahawk ribeye so salty it was like it had soaked in salt for a week.... I'm not happy about writing this because the setting was so nice but this place needs help!!! It was way pricey and for what you get not worth the trip... Have some drinks downstairs on the fabulous beach and forget this place!!